Thread: Central Terminal again

Central Terminal again

So we're back to peeing away taxpayer $$$ on still more idiotic studies by "planners" to come up with some use for the eyesore known as Central Terminal. If I read the article correctly it seems that the study group tried to say politely to the locals that they're dreaming. I was amused by the one local who prided herself on thinking "outside the box" (a term right up there with "iconic" on the "make me gag" meter) and who suggested artists lofts. Like that idea isn't the first crappola idea thrown out everywhere when there's some ****ty decrepit building that can't be used? That translates as "let's spend taxpayer $ for a place to park my art history major family member who can't get a real job". Any plan for the Central Terminal that doesn't include the liberal use of a wrecking ball is just more of your and my money frittered away on nothing.

Unregistered
    It's to far gone, needs 500 to 600+ milllion to repair it, Tear it down, Also tear down One Seneca Tower, It needs 700 to 800+ millions of repairs, upgrades & remodels
    and it's very very hard to get a loan from a bank in the city of Buffalo because the poor economy & badly run goverment, Unless some investor wants to risk his owner money and risk losing 100's of millions or even billions,

Jennifer, they usually set up a shell corporation with no actual assets to own the property. That way, if it goes in the toilet the corporation simply goes bankrupt and banks are left holding mortgages on a valueless property (or in WNY the taxpayers see more of their hard earned money flushed down the bowl, less the graft and gratuities peeled of by friends of elected officials on the way down). The developers rarely lose anything.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Jennifer, they usually set up a shell corporation with no actual assets to own the property. That way, if it goes in the toilet the corporation simply goes bankrupt and banks are left holding mortgages on a valueless property (or in WNY the taxpayers see more of their hard earned money flushed down the bowl, less the graft and gratuities peeled of by friends of elected officials on the way down). The developers rarely lose anything.
    In the next 10 years, WNY will lose another 100,000 to 150,000 (maybe more) long term residents, taxes will keep going up, (maybe even double or more), government workers salaries, pension spiking, yearly longivity pays & etc.. will keep going up up up every year with yearly raises and in 2027 the local media will say things are so much better then they were back in 2017 because it was so bad back in 2017 LOL

Thread Information