Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the taxpayers bail out the pension fund?

Unregistered
    We got more fingers on one hand then who cares on this board, The smart people are long gone and more are waking up everyday and asking themselves why I'm paying $8,000, $10,000 or more and going up every year property taxes every year in Erie County, when I can live in places like this (see link) and pay only $1,000 to $1,500 a year property taxes that never go up and sometimes even go down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskwrtTt2wI Everyday is a Vacation year round and it's sunny 340 days a year and pool weather year round https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGlYuC8tjmo
    Last edited by jennifer7; September 22nd, 2017 at 11:27 PM.

I always love when people complain about pensions in the public sector very few are educated about it. all politicians will complain about the system but they're in it. They love to blame their labor force on the issues. People of depw had a chance to dump the village but elected not to so taxes go up agine in this area. They had a chance to dump the village and its 23 man police force that is draining the hell out the taxpayer. who is at fault? Pension padding for cops is still a go for these cops. They are still allowed to abuse the system before they retire. Then people wonder why their are so many people that have left this area. I was down in ft. meyers area for about two months during the summer.
    wow its like wny so many wny'ers that live in this area now and they keep moving from this area. why? taxes and laws that albany keeps pushing in this state. Soon it will be the next CA.... politicians here just don't get it.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Cheekman,

This is exactly what I refer too when referring to issues with the public sector work force. There is nothing wrong with some form of retirement but not when you have loopholes that allow pension padding the way we see it in NYS. When people bring issues like this up they tend to be labeled "Anti-worker" or anti-public sector. Personally I'd privatize as much as I could as long as it was in the property owners best interest.

A lot of decision's locally seem to be made in the "political social clubs" best interest which in the end cost us property owners money.

WSFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Cheekman,

This is exactly what I refer too when referring to issues with the public sector work force. There is nothing wrong with some form of retirement but not when you have loopholes that allow pension padding the way we see it in NYS. When people bring issues like this up they tend to be labeled "Anti-worker" or anti-public sector. Personally I'd privatize as much as I could as long as it was in the property owners best interest.

A lot of decision's locally seem to be made in the "political social clubs" best interest which in the end cost us property owners money.
    Doesn't matter, add positions and pad overtime. Nothing will change. Sue the state when they try to give a haircut to the pensions. In any political debate, this needs to be the first question asked to any politician, "how do you plan on funding the pensions and OPEB when the market tanks?,"

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    I always love when people complain about pensions in the public sector very few are educated about it. all politicians will complain about the system but they're in it. They love to blame their labor force on the issues. People of depw had a chance to dump the village but elected not to so taxes go up agine in this area. They had a chance to dump the village and its 23 man police force that is draining the hell out the taxpayer. who is at fault? Pension padding for cops is still a go for these cops. They are still allowed to abuse the system before they retire. Then people wonder why their are so many people that have left this area. I was down in ft. meyers area for about two months during the summer.
    wow its like wny so many wny'ers that live in this area now and they keep moving from this area. why? taxes and laws that albany keeps pushing in this state. Soon it will be the next CA.... politicians here just don't get it.
    CA loses are AZ wins, It's incredible the amount Tech Company's relocating from the Silcone Valley to Silcone Desert, and CA is losing all it's distribution & fulfillment centers to to AZ & NV too. Their builiding 1 million + sqft buildings everywhere in AZ. The ports are taking the stack containers off the ships and on to flat beds & train flat cars and then they are transported to AZ & NV. I was just riding my bike down some of the new streets and just about every car/suv in the driveways had out of state license plates. you see OH, MN, SD, ND, IN, IL, WI, even, Alberta, and 1/2 of the plates were CA & NY (like the new NY yellow plates)

In Lancaster they vote to pay the Supervisor full salary and benefits - then they excuse the fact she will also collect a full tax funded retirement check and benefits. Another Councilmember did the same thing and we have another waiting for his turn.

Yet people complain about the workers - well when the example is set and approved by their Political Leaders - why the surprise ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    In Lancaster they vote to pay the Supervisor full salary and benefits - then they excuse the fact she will also collect a full tax funded retirement check and benefits. Another Councilmember did the same thing and we have another waiting for his turn.

Yet people complain about the workers - well when the example is set and approved by their Political Leaders - why the surprise ?
    I'm confused. If the current wasn't the current supervisor she would be collecting her retirement plus benefits.
    If Joe Schmo was supervisor, we'd be paying them a salary money into their pension as a town official.
    Since the current supervisor is receiving their retirement, we don't pay into their pension as a town official.
    So, isn't there really a savings?

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I'm confused. If the current wasn't the current supervisor she would be collecting her retirement plus benefits.
    If Joe Schmo was supervisor, we'd be paying them a salary money into their pension as a town official.
    Since the current supervisor is receiving their retirement, we don't pay into their pension as a town official.
    So, isn't there really a savings?

Please correct me if I'm wrong
    Take a look at pages 125-129: http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/wo...oyer_guide.pdf
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information