Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 4th July Fireworks-Cheektowaga Democratic Party hammering the Republican Candidates?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There is absolutely no excuse for this irresponsible spending of tax dollars.

This is what you end up with when you have the same "social club" of people running a small geographical area.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Here is why I made the reference to liquor

So Dan,

You think it's ok for the town to pay for a group of people to get loaded up and drive home after the private party? Or did us property owners pay for cabs?

No I don't but when you started today all you posted for a while was the first piece of scribbled writing, if you would have coherently posted all the pages then obviously I would have posted differently. It must be ok though to spend money on parties cause the town supervisor, accountant, inside or outside auditors all didn't see a problem with it , so quit your complaining and go back to work so you can make money to pay your taxes so they can spend it on more parties

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    No I don't but when you started today all you posted for a while was the first piece of scribbled writing, if you would have coherently posted all the pages then obviously I would have posted differently. It must be ok though to spend money on parties cause the town supervisor, accountant, inside or outside auditors all didn't see a problem with it , so quit your complaining and go back to work so you can make money to pay your taxes so they can spend it on more parties
    Your mistaken.

I believe the Town Attorney and Town Supervisor did see an issue with this practice and put a halt to it.

In the end it boils down to the same social club running our town for years. Same friends and family that brought us to the highest taxed area in the nation, losing population year after year and crappy infrastructure for the most part. Facts are facts.

So who on our town board attended these parties?

Your mistaken.

I believe the Town Attorney and Town Supervisor did see an issue with this practice and put a halt to it.

In the end it boils down to the same social club running our town for years. Same friends and family that brought us to the highest taxed area in the nation, losing population year after year and crappy infrastructure for the most part. Facts are facts.

So who on our town board attended these parties?
    I thought the party line was that no one was interested in being on the committee anymore so it folded?

I'll donate some money to buying tar and feathers.
    Seems like this country could use some of that again
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

If I were you Tony, I'd be taking this info to TBN or one of the local investigative TV reporters.

So where are the balance sheets? Im assuming these were also FOILED? I believe what your looking at is just what their expenses were. Im not convinced by what RES is showing. I believe all their parties were paid for bye tickets sales and the final bill would be paid out of their general account/fund (just like any business or organization). So show me the total balance of receivables and payables and then I think you'll all have a different outlook. Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm not..

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The $20,500 wasn't given to allow a small group of people to operate a small "beer/picnic/ticket sales" business to hold private parties for themselves.

$1817.00 on liquor December 9th 2015.

Next question.

How many of the people at this private party are Cheektowaga Democratic Party "club members" who might be committee people?

I'm still waiting to hear back if any of our board members attended these functions. They would know this was inappropriate use of town funds. If they didn't know they shouldn't be on our town board.

Us property owners can use some of this information to help get people who will put our best interest first on our town board.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Gorja?

Refresh my memory....

Which sitting board members are up for election this November?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did we all know the group purchased the Senior Center a $250 dollar TV? There is really nothing wrong with that. You know what? They spent $500 on music for their Xmas party so they could drink and dance the night away while our elderly watched a $250 dollar TV.

Did we all know the group purchased the Senior Center a $250 dollar TV? There is really nothing wrong with that. You know what? They spent $500 on music for their Xmas party so they could drink and dance the night away while our elderly watched a $250 dollar TV.

They had to buy the seniors a tv because the evil republicans were going to close the doors on them if elected

I think your wrong..Your completely stuck on the money that the town gives to them. The point I have been trying to make is any party they have they charge tickets for the party..follow me here..that money is then deposited into their account probably the next business day..still with me...then at the end of the evening they settle their bill out of the checking account..then the ticket sale money balances their account the next day..and if enough people attend they have a balance, net gain, profit, etc...Im sure your business works the same way..

And im sure if you FOILED them correctly you would have seen deposits and withdrawls not just from the town? But once again show us their balance sheets of deposits withdrawls, etc. then ill we will have BOTH sides of the Story..

Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    I think your wrong..Your completely stuck on the money that the town gives to them. The point I have been trying to make is any party they have they charge tickets for the party..follow me here..that money is then deposited into their account probably the next business day..still with me...then at the end of the evening they settle their bill out of the checking account..then the ticket sale money balances their account the next day..and if enough people attend they have a balance, net gain, profit, etc...Im sure your business works the same way..
    They held a party with town money...it doesn't matter if they sold tickets and it all balances out. The $20,500 was not intended for private parties. They did not stay within the intent of the commission. Therefore they were irresponsible.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And im sure if you FOILED them correctly you would have seen deposits and withdrawls not just from the town? But once again show us their balance sheets of deposits withdrawls, etc. then ill we will have BOTH sides of the Story..
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    They held a party with town money...it doesn't matter if they sold tickets and it all balances out. The $20,500 was not intended for private parties. They did not stay within the intent of the commission. Therefore they were irresponsible.

What electric said.

Im sure your business works the same way..
    The commission is not a business. The money was intended to be used to hold a parade and an event.

I don't see hold private picnic and private xmas party for loyal supporters on Schedule A "Activities to be Performed" by Party of the First Part.

How many people at these events carried petitions for board members on the town board?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information