Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Special Events Year Round

Quote Originally Posted by Saras2017 View Post
    Ha Ha Ha. Funny buy honestly you have way too much time on your hands!
    I presume Ms. Gorja functions, as do we all, within the scope of a preset twenty-four hour day. Apparently, she simply manages her time far better than do you, and performs her tasks with skill and precision.

I am highly confident, that, if she had written your comment, surely there would have been no questionable punctuation, and "but," a very simple three-letter word, would not have been misspelled.

Sloppy, sarcastic, and nasty Saras2017?

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 20th, 2017 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saras2017 View Post
    Ha Ha Ha. Funny buy honestly you have way too much time on your hands!
    Was on vacation Monday through Thursday. Got caught up on a lot of work. Saturday was my chill day

Georgia L Schlager

VOL Presents "Rodentville: The Village-Wide Rat Hunt and Social"

Day One:

Instructional Trap Setting:

Day Two: Sewer Pursuit:

Day Three: The 5K Rat Race and Wine and Left-over Cheese Mixer:

rats kissing.png
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 20th, 2017 at 09:30 PM.

I got a great idea for an expanded "Special Event."

"A Vodka Stager:"

Attached Images Attached Images

The writer put it so well:

Village of Lancaster residents want what other villages have

As a lifelong resident of the Village of Lancaster, I read the article in The News last week about village officials asking residents what they want in their village. What they want?

Ah! You know, my father told me the new Peace Bridge would be done before the village does anything. He may be right.

Here is what I want. The people deciding our fate need to take a ride to East Aurora or the Village of Hamburg. Pick a restaurant. They have a few in these villages. Enjoy your meal. Watch people going in and out of small shops or into a store to try on a dress. Watch them walk into a hardware store. Then think about what would be good for our village. Hopefully not greenspace for a beer tent.

Rick Guerra

Ooops. Wrong Thread.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 26th, 2017 at 03:24 PM.

I understand that the VOL Board voted to give the Mayor the authority to lift the prescribed November-March village parking ban "based on winter weather."

Up until now, I understand the such action required a VOL Board majority vote. That policy certainly seemed to serve the village well all these years.

The mayor already has emergency power to impose such bans, but in the rather frivolous area of lifting the ban, I need to ask why does the "PROGRESSIVE" mayor need such unilateral authority, applied by the vague, rather subjective standard of "based on winter weather?"

Hmmmm? Christmasville falls within the November-December time period. Just a thought.

I know that expanded "Special Events" are certainly under consideration. Hmmmm? "Cui bono?"

Ah, perhaps it is the mayor's effort to consult expert weather personnel to reach such a fact-based determination, and to blend that process into an expanded "Special Event?"

Great, we are getting rid of rats, and bringing in groundhogs.

Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 27th, 2017 at 12:07 PM.

Ah, it is good to be mayor:

no parking.png no parking.png

No Parking signs will go up on the north side of Laverack from Central to Sturm. Once the signs go up there will be no parking on either side of the street.

no parking.png no parking.png
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 27th, 2017 at 01:31 PM.

IT IS GOOD TO BE KING:

September 28, 2017 "The Bee:"

"No Parking signs will go up on the north side of Laverack from Central to Sturm. Once the signs go up there will be no parking on either side of the street."

From November 17, 2017,"The Bee:"

"The fifth public hearing was the only one that didn’t result in any new legislation.

The hearing involved a proposal to amend the vehicles and traffic chapter of the Village Code to prohibit parking on the south side of Laverack Avenue near Central Avenue.

Two months ago, the board authorized a parking ban on the north side of Laverack, between Central Avenue and Sturm Street, after residents complained that the curve in the road in that area led to several near-accidents.

However, parking on the south side has not created similar problems, and the board viewed passing a parking ban as more trouble than it was worth in this case."

Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 16th, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

"Let them eat cake” is the most famous quote attributed to Marie-Antoinette, the queen of France during the French Revolution. As the story goes, it was the queen’s response upon being told that her starving peasant subjects had no bread. Because cake is more expensive than bread, the anecdote has been cited as an example of Marie-Antoinette’s obliviousness to the conditions and daily lives of ordinary people.

I wonder if the Food PANTRY stocks cake?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 16th, 2017 at 01:39 PM.

Le Roy et le Minitere du Parades (THE PARADE LADY) decret une Parade du Camions de Pompiers!

Quels imbeciles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiQLEjeTxWg

Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 24th, 2017 at 09:58 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information