Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Parking signs?????

No Parking signs?????

When I came home from work today, there were No parking signs on Central avenue placed maybe every 50-60 feet or so apart on both sides of the street. They can't be permanent as they're on wooden stakes.
    Anyone know why?

Georgia L Schlager

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fire truck parade?
    I guess it would be awfully early to post signs for an event 3 days away.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wonder if it has anything to do with the fire truck parade?
    I guess it would be awfully early to post signs for an event 3 days away.

"Le Bee," September 28, 2017:

2. The Village Mayor now has the power to remove the winter parking ban based on winter weather

His Royal Hinder has been given "near-dictatorial" powers to impose and lift winter parking bans at Royal whim.

Perhaps this is a component to the Royal Parking power?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 22nd, 2017 at 07:54 PM.

When I came home from work today, there were No parking signs on Central avenue placed maybe every 50-60 feet or so apart on both sides of the street. They can't be permanent as they're on wooden stakes.
    Anyone know why?
    Or, perhaps it is to accommodate a new "Expanded Special Event?:"

"The Turkey Squat"

I hope the proceeds do not go in a timely manner to the...

I think they would rather eat cake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 22nd, 2017 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

"Le Bee," September 28, 2017:

His Royal Hinder has been given "near-dictatorial" powers to impose and lift winter parking bans at Royal whim.

Perhaps this is a component to the Royal Parking power?
    This is the town not the village. I don't know if they had a permit to put a sign in the right-of-way
    I guess, it's a good thing in a way. Last year, I had to clean up a lot of crap (not poop) food wrappers etc left behind by the spectators.

The only time I park on the street is when I come home from work and there's too much snow in the driveway. Then, I clear the end of the driveway out first to get the car off the shoulder of the road

I might just pull the sign out of the ground as a matter of principle as it's not official.

Georgia L Schlager

This is the town not the village. I don't know if they had a permit to put a sign in the right-of-way
    I guess, it's a good thing in a way. Last year, I had to clean up a lot of crap (not poop) food wrappers etc left behind by the spectators.

The only time I park on the street is when I come home from work and there's too much snow in the driveway. Then, I clear the end of the driveway out first to get the car off the shoulder of the road

I might just pull the sign out of the ground as a matter of principle as it's not official.
    My Bad,

Unless he has turned from King to Emperor.

I did notice that some signs farther south do say by Police Order.
    So, I guess they are official

Georgia L Schlager

There's already a car parked on the corner of Ronald and Central. They have their 4 chairs set up on Central.
    The parade doesn't start until 6:00

Georgia L Schlager

There's already a car parked on the corner of Ronald and Central. They have their 4 chairs set up on Central.
    La sécurité royale?

It says 'No Parking' and all these people have their asses Parked in front of my house

Georgia L Schlager

It says 'No Parking' and all these people have their asses Parked in front of my house
    Believe it or not Gorja, Newell was packed; absolutely unreal. Those sirens went on until 8:00 p.m. Wasn't it Hitler who asked “Brennt Paris?"

Elvis, noise; I'm told a "Painting With A Twist" event, noise; fire trucks, noise; a tree-lighting, more noise, blah, blah...

To each his own, but this is not a Christmas celebration to me. Rather, I see it as a left-over potpourri of thematic gimmicks, noise sources, and unused ideas, all energized and brought to life with public dollars and resources, in order to turn a private buck.

Merry Ca Ching, and BTW, "Let them "eat cake."

I think it's a fun competition for all the WNY fire companies.
    I'm sure the little ones love it.
    My objection was no parking since Wednesday, for the neighbors and others on Central who may have needed the shoulder of the road for family parking for the holiday

Georgia L Schlager

I think it's a fun competition for all the WNY fire companies.
    I'm sure the little ones love it.
    My objection was no parking since Wednesday, for the neighbors and others on Central who may have needed the shoulder of the road for family parking for the holiday
    You make my point for me Gorja.

Without reference to the parking policies of the town, the village's priorities in that regard seem twisted.

Throughout the year, parking is limited, the residents and transiting public are inconvenienced, and one of the primary goals, the fostering a climate supportive of the local business owners, is actually obscured by the smoke of the confusion created by these "Special Events."

But, who am I to say what is good for the village?

My problem resides with the VOL's public recognition of priorities concerning the safety of it citizens; an exposed, rather bizarre duality, suggesting a double standard of service, applied in favor of recreation, to the exclusion of human need.

Three years ago, my street was beset by groupings of state-subsidized renters, with apparently a variety of behavioral issues, that were disruptive and outwardly threatening to the neighborhood's safety.

More specifically, Hospice staff attending my dying mother expressed such concern, and advised that Hospice was close to withdrawing home service. (Hospice policy prohibited staff from parking in residential driveways, and as such, were necessarily confined to on-street parking.)

On several occasions, the nursing staff, as well as the doctor, were forced to walk a significant distance to my home. These medical people were harassed by the "residents" in question, and, given the fact that these professionals carried with them highly controlled drugs, Hospice wanted a parking space reserved directly in front of my home to prevent problems.

The VOL Board REFUSED that request: ONE PARKING SPACE, in front of my PRIVATE RESIDENCE, for approximately a two-month period, in the interests of preserving human life, REFUSED. That was not bulls***t, that was beyond governing arrogance, that exceeded the limits of leadership and social privilege, that was an exercise in evil.

Ergo, my disgust with the VOL government.

I thought that the government's first priority was to protect the safety and well-being of its citizens, not to function as the corporate structure of a theme park.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 26th, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

4:25 is late! I parked my truck at my spot at 10:30am and walked home.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    4:25 is late! I parked my truck at my spot at 10:30am and walked home.
    Wow That car at 4:25 was the first car parked on Ronald. Later on the street was full on both sides.

When my parents got older, I use to follow my dad to Clarence Center early in the morning to park his
    car for their Labor day parade and drop him off near his car close to parade time

Those who stood or sat in front of my house were very respectful of my work earlier in the day.
    My pile of leaves and pile of branches were still in neat piles the next morning.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information