Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Special Events Year Round

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    People would be changing theirs all the time. They would post something stupid and then change it once they were called out on it. This is why there is a 15 minute time limit.

T
    You have 15 minutes WNYresident......

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    You have 15 minutes WNYresident......
    Ans Shortstuff has the stop watch, set thirteen minutes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Oh, I understand the concept Res, don't get me wrong. But there are several of us older people out here who could use an extra ten or so minutes to accommodate our lousy eyes and arthritis.

Thanx for the response.
    Ditto

Georgia L Schlager

I'll bet you struggled a long time weighing those profound words of witty wisdom Grumpster.

Yep, I can't wait until that expanded "Special Event" takes place. Since you seem to be highly interested, are you signing up as a participant, are you going to broadcast play-by-play coverage, or is it simply an intensely satisfying spectator sport for you?
    I'm no judge so it's not much of a spectator sport for me. And you were the one who suggested the topic, not I. And where did I say I was at all interested? It was you who raised it and you who commented on tugging your ear, not I.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I'm no judge so it's not much of a spectator sport for me. And you were the one who suggested the topic, not I. And where did I say I was at all interested? It was you who raised it and you who commented on tugging your ear, not I.

(1) Quote Originally Posted by Saras2017 View Post

You guys are too much! True and hilarious..
    This prompted my following response:"

Glad you enjoyed tonight's program. On next week's show, WNYResident's guest stars will be Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd

Let me translate for you Grumpster.

My responding comments to Saras2017 suggested that I was glad Sara2017 found the previously posted comments funny, and likened them to a comedy act.

Continuing on that theme, I further satirized, (obvious to the more sophisticated reader), that SpeakUp was the equivalent of a comedy show. That is supported by the reference to "tonight's program" and "next weeks show." If that did not make satire clear, the references to "Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd" should have.

I assume you have heard of DeVito, Lloyd, and television. Perhaps not. With a handle like Grump, you may possibly be an alien visitor to the world of humor.

Now, what specific comments did YOU respond respond to? These comments:

Glad you enjoyed tonight's program. On next week's show, WNYResident's guest stars will be Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd.

Do I tug my ear now?

YOUR REPLY POST GRUMP:

I don't think tugging your ear will do it. Try tugging few feet south of there.

In the quote to which you initially reacted, the raised "subject" to which you refer was a satirically fictional comedy show. The "comment" to which you refer was "tug on my," was and is, an entirely appropriate supporting comment referencing the world of television comedy.

What did you think I meant by "ear tug" in the post to which you first responded? Perhaps that is why I suggested your interest. Capeesh?

Did you ever hear of Carol Burnett?

If you did not, you where either unborn or unconscious in the 1970s.

If you did not give a seemingly in-congruent and inappropriate hostile comment to those initial posts specified above, you would not have received reciprocal comment.

Indigestion from the "Taste of Lancaster?" Lighten-up Grump.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 14th, 2017 at 10:17 PM.

(1) Quote Originally Posted by Saras2017 View Post

This prompted my following response:"

Let me translate for you Grumpster.

My responding comments to Saras2017 suggested that I was glad Sara2017 found the previously posted comments funny, and likened them to a comedy act.

Continuing on that theme, I further satirized, (obvious to the more sophisticated reader), that SpeakUp was the equivalent of a comedy show. That is supported by the reference to "tonight's program" and "next weeks show." If that did not make satire clear, the references to "Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd" should have.

I assume you have heard of DeVito, Lloyd, and television. Perhaps not. With a handle like Grump, you may possibly be an alien visitor to the world of humor.

Now, what specific comments did YOU respond respond to? These comments:

YOUR REPLY POST GRUMP:

In the quote to which you initially reacted, the raised "subject" to which you refer was a satirically fictional comedy show. The "comment" to which you refer was "tug on my," was and is, an entirely appropriate supporting comment referencing the world of television comedy.

What did you think I meant by "ear tug" in the post to which you first responded? Perhaps that is why I suggested your interest. Capeesh?

Did you ever hear of Carol Burnett?

If you did not, you where either unborn or unconscious in the 1970s.

If you did not give a seemingly in-congruent and inappropriate hostile comment to those initial posts specified above, you would not have received reciprocal comment.

Indigestion from the "Taste of Lancaster?" Lighten-up Grump.
    Oh yea Grump, in case you did not know, Carol Burnett always tugged at her ear at the close of each show; a hand gesture signaling good night to her grandmother. Silly Grump.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    People would be changing theirs all the time. They would post something stupid and then change it once they were called out on it. This is why there is a 15 minute time limit.

T
    Agree with this time limit rule 100%.

Unless it is a small post, I write the post on the computer In word and then copy and paste it to the Speakup thread. Writing it out allows for spell check and the opportunity to reread the post and make corrections before submittal.

I erred the other day in thinking the town approved the tax cap levy override. It did not. Gorga corrected me on my error (only a public hearing), I acknowledged it and moved on.

In connection with the "Rats, Rats..." Thread, an inspired thought: perhaps consideration should be given to a further expanded Special Event: "The Village-Wide Rat Hunt," or "Rodentville." Instead of a beer tent, they can have a "Wine and Left-over Cheese Party."

I hope the food pantry don't get those timely left-over proceeds; no one is that hungry at Thanksgiving.

Just sayin'.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    A "Bee" reporter captures "Rodentville" hunters at work:

a "bee" reporter captures "rodentville" hunters at work:

lmfao!!!!!! Which one is Schroeder?

Georgia L Schlager

And of course, the "Wine and Left-over Cheese Party." Some patrons just can't get enough: "Moe, Larry the cheese!"

lmfao!!!!!! Which one is Schroeder?
    The rat in the whole?

One Special Event begets another. A proposed "Christmasville" promo:

\

and of course, this important reminder:

Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 19th, 2017 at 12:18 PM.

Talking

Ha Ha Ha. Funny buy honestly you have way too much time on your hands!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information