Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Special Events Year Round

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    At about 5:10 this morning, I was south bound on Central heading to Broadway to hit the post office and Tops before work. I got to Pleasant Ave and waited for that long light. You know 1st the eastbound traffic and north left turners, then the westbound, then the northbound, then finally the southbound.
    I got to around the opera house and the road was blocked off.

There were no signs indicating this at Pleasant Ave but when I turned around and was facing north the signs were on the east side sidewalks facing south.

I was aggravated
    Join the club Gorja. We sold the summer lake property and my wife, her brother and her sister-in-law went down to remove our personal belongings before the closing. My wife's brother lives off of Aurora in the Town, and they had to do contortions to pick her up.

The "Taste of Lancaster," to some of us, is the "Trip Through Hell." But to the others, "Bottoms-up" and "Bon Apetit."

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    The "Taste of Lancaster," to some of us, is the "Trip Through Hell." But to the others, "Bottoms-up" and "Bon Apetit."
    My thoughts were - the Village DPW would screw up a wet dream

Georgia L Schlager

My thoughts were - the Village DPW would screw up a wet dream
    Maybe a "Wet Dream-a-thon" will be developed into one such expanded "Special Event," with an inspirational talk by Ucum Allover. Proceeds going to under privileged village unics, and of course, a sizable wad (of money) for the contractor.

I wonder how "The Bee" would cover that? Photo Journalism, at its best, or given the possible contestants, at its worse.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 12th, 2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    maybe a "wet dream-a-thon" will be developed into one such expanded "special event," with an inspirational talk by ucum allover. Proceeds going to under privileged village unics, and of course, a sizable wad (of money) for the contractor.

I wonder how "the bee" would cover that? Photo journalism, at its best, or given the possible contestants, at its worse.

Georgia L Schlager

You guys are too much! True and hilarious..

Quote Originally Posted by Saras2017 View Post
    You guys are too much! True and hilarious..
    Glad you enjoyed tonight's program. On next week's show, WNYResident's guest stars will be Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd.

Do I tug my ear now?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 14th, 2017 at 01:42 AM.

Glad you enjoyed tonight's program. On next week's show, WNYResident's guest stars will be Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd.

Do I tug my ear now?
    I don't think tugging your ear will do it. Try tugging few feet south of there.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I don't think tugging your ear will do it. Try tugging few feet south of there.
    I'll bet you struggled a long time weighing those profound words of witty wisdom Grumpster.

Yep, I can't wait until that expanded "Special Event" takes place. Since you seem to be highly interested, are you signing up as a participant, are you going to broadcast play-by-play coverage, or is it simply an intensely satisfying spectator sport for you?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 14th, 2017 at 08:31 AM.

few feet south
    BTW,

Tug a FEW FEET south? A few feet? That must be some gargantuan "ear lobe." Grumspter, you flatter me!

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
    I wasn't aware I was conducting a study or assessment on the downtown village business district? Can you explain where you heard this?

Matt Walter
    Lancaster Town Councilman
    Not you, the study was in the village.

I quite agree Ms. Gorja. This sentence has a one word typo:

Clearly, Shortstuff's earlier posts on the Dawson Field Thread presumably indicate a reference to the Dawson Field "assessment." Obviously, the comment intended to say:

We ALL make typos, especially with this rather ridiculous SpeakUp "fifteen-minute" editing limitation.

No worries Shortsuff, the less defensively critical among us know full well what you were trying to convey.
    LOL you guys are right, I had to look back at what I wrote. Sorry Matt Walters. My mind was still on the Heard information. My typos stem from quickness and no glasses, LOL

At about 5:10 this morning, I was south bound on Central heading to Broadway to hit the post office and Tops before work. I got to Pleasant Ave and waited for that long light. You know 1st the eastbound traffic and north left turners, then the westbound, then the northbound, then finally the southbound.
    I got to around the opera house and the road was blocked off.

There were no signs indicating this at Pleasant Ave but when I turned around and was facing north the signs were on the east side sidewalks facing south.

I was aggravated

When I got to Tops, there were 2 male employees sitting out having a smoke. The one said how are you doing hun.
    I said, those effin village people don't know what their doing, closing a road with no signage. The other guy said, i noticed that myself

OMG, LOL gorja....

I quite agree Ms. Gorja. This sentence has a one word typo:

Clearly, Shortstuff's earlier posts on the Dawson Field Thread presumably indicate a reference to the Dawson Field "assessment." Obviously, the comment intended to say:

We ALL make typos, especially with this rather ridiculous SpeakUp "fifteen-minute" editing limitation.

No worries Shortsuff, the less defensively critical among us know full well what you were trying to convey.

LOL Mark, after all of the tragic news over the weekend from Charlottesville and the hatred I have been hearing/seeing, lightheartedness is welcomed. You guys are awesome. I think its great that we can laugh at ourselves for our own mistakes.....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    People would be changing theirs all the time. They would post something stupid and then change it once they were called out on it. This is why there is a 15 minute time limit.

T

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    People would be changing theirs all the time. They would post something stupid and then change it once they were called out on it. This is why there is a 15 minute time limit.

T
    Oh, I understand the concept Res, don't get me wrong. But there are several of us older people out here who could use an extra ten or so minutes to accommodate our lousy eyes and arthritis.

Thanx for the response.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information