Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois careens into financial meltdown – and not even the lottery is safe

No one said only NYC was Democratic in NY. I did say it was a Democratic stronghold which it most certainly is. I don't know what election Hip's blue county measures came from. However, Niagara County and Onondaga County are hardly Democratic strongholds, they both have solidly Republican county legislatures. NYC so dominates New York politics that its state assembly delegation can completely control the legislative agenda in the assembly without a single vote from upstate Democratic assembly members.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    No one said only NYC was Democratic in NY. I did say it was a Democratic stronghold which it most certainly is. I don't know what election Hip's blue county measures came from. However, Niagara County and Onondaga County are hardly Democratic strongholds, they both have solidly Republican county legislatures. NYC so dominates New York politics that its state assembly delegation can completely control the legislative agenda in the assembly without a single vote from upstate Democratic assembly members.
    Do you ever go back to see what you actually said before you deny saying it?

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Only NYC is a Democratic stronghold and NYS is a f'ed up as a result. Same deal there.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, I won't try to debate with someone who obviously can't read the words I typed. Suffice to say the even Erie County, which some might consider a Dem stronghold, has a Republican controlled legislature and 2 county wide office holders who are Republican; it was 3 until former county clerk, Republican Chris Jacobs, won the state senate seat in an "overwhelmingly" Dem district that had been held by Democrat Panepinto.

How's that Collins guy working out?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Near as I can tell just fine. And whatever flaws he might have at least he sounds like a man when he talks instead of sounding like little Shirley Temple as does a certain high talking Democratic congressman.

I think he is doing a good job.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

You mean the guy who might single handily change the course of Upstate NY for the better because of a legislation addon? Go educate yourself on the Buffalo Bribe. It's possible that Counties like Erie could see their unfunded liability costs cut by 75% and those unfunded liabilities make up over 60% of the budget. Property taxes could be halved in ~10 years.

Progressive snowflakes may be loud and annoying but they don't really have any power and they don't know what they are talking about most of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information