Thread: The teen runaway and the drug dealer

The teen runaway and the drug dealer

13 year-old girl was missing since May?
    Had this been reported in the News?

Who wants to bet that she's not a white girl from Clarence? Cause if she was, I'm pretty sure it would have been a big news story.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post

Who wants to bet that she's not a white girl from Clarence? Cause if she was, I'm pretty sure it would have been a big news story.
    If it was on TV, it would have been of Fox News. They love missing white girls.

WIVB loves missing white girls too. They were running stories day in and day out about the Amanda Wienckowski chick who was a junkie-hooker.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

My point was...I don't know what this girl looks like... But, can you imagine what a huge story it would be if a white girl from Clarence was missing for six months?

But, for some reason, this missing girl got zero publicity. How can anyone justify that?

How can anyone justify that?
    It's strictly a guess, but usually it's the family that presses the issue and raises awareness. If the family isn't active in that regard that may explain it.

My point was...I don't know what this girl looks like... But, can you imagine what a huge story it would be if a white girl from Clarence was missing for six months?

But, for some reason, this missing girl got zero publicity. How can anyone justify that?
    Because a girl who is not white and missing makes no story... It's called "Missing White Woman Syndrome":
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing...woman_syndrome
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Because a girl who is not white and missing makes no story... It's called "Missing White Woman Syndrome":

missing teeth no big deal....I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    It's strictly a guess, but usually it's the family that presses the issue and raises awareness. If the family isn't active in that regard that may explain it.
    i agree that the family that presses will get more coverage

they all should - anything and everything is about connections and contacts come on .... if someone wants something done - they have the option to get it out there instead of bitching about it
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

There is a name for this..

It's called "Missing white women syndrome"

Missing white woman syndrome (MWWS) is a vernacular term for the alleged disproportionately greater degree of coverage in television, radio, and print news reporting of a misfortune, most often a missing person case, involving a young, attractive white woman, compared with cases concerning a missing male, or missing persons of other races or classes.[1][2][3] The essential features of a missing person said to give rise to Missing White Woman Syndrome are sex,[4] race or ethnicity, (relative) beauty, and age.

“Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    I should have read the comments before i replied.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Thread Information