Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New park in South Lancaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I stand by my comment that you are clueless – here used to mean uniformed, unaware on how government works, not intended to be rude as in using words such as stupid or moron.

Your latest post speaks for itself in that regard. You are entitled to your opinion but not the facts – which you have misstated on several occasions.
    actually I know exactly how government works and for you to state I don't is just your opinion and not a fact. any "fact(s)" can be manipulated to support any idea you may or may not believe in. in my opinion from reading your posts in multiple discussions you feel you know all again my opinion and not a fact. that may or may not be true but I live in the real world and talk is cheap and as a the saying goes talk is cheap. we will have to agree to disagree on most "fact(s)" and how we both think things work or should be. good day sir. time to get back to basics.

and as you have said previous

"Done.

We have shared our opinions and should move on". ~Lee Chowaniec

Someone took a post of mine from a private social network and sent it in as a communication from me. I don't mind because the post expressed my feelings but you'd think someone would ask before doing that.
    https://nextdoor.com/neighborhood/ce...en--depew--ny/

Georgia L Schlager

Supervisor Coleman had recommended to the soccer club people to submit their petition and signatures to the town clerk.
    Wonder if they need and they're just not in the communications.

Maybe, Ruffino could take a copy of the petition with him when he's out soliciting votes to get more signatures on the petition.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by common sense View Post
    why does the town need to fund the purchase of land so that a soccer club can have more fields. why can't the soccer club just buy it themselves. no one can seem to answer that. if anything maybe the town can buy it and sell it back to that organization with interest at least then there would be some revenue to support such purchase. the town can't continue to throw money at a problem to solve it at the tax payers expense. unfortunately sometimes you need to make decisions that are unfavorable but they need to be made.
    You seem to be hung up on the benefit to the soccer club but in reality it's all town residents that will benefit from this project: children using the playground, walkers/dog walkers, joggers, people who enjoy open/green space/nature. The simple fact is that everyone benefits from additional parkland, not just the soccer club (but I do also agree that keeping youth busy with sports and activities is important).

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I didn't skim the whole thread. How large is this plot of land?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I didn't skim the whole thread. How large is this plot of land?
    42 acres with enough developable land to provide for 5-6 playing fields, a perimeter track, playground and other amenities.

Wonder why Supervisor Coleman is proposing spending $1,800 to investigate the appraisal sale of Dawson Field; 6 acres and with one run-down baseball diamond with no on site parking?

Wonder why Supervisor Coleman is proposing spending $1,800 to investigate the appraisal sale of Dawson Field; 6 acres and with one run-down baseball diamond with no on site parking?
    The parking on Lincoln Street, north of Olmstead, is often something akin to a nightmare.

That area can barely handle the complex traffic patterns occasioned by the Southeast-People Inc. Agency, let alone the additional burden of increased traffic issues which would be generated by such a development of Dawson Field.

Furthermore, the possibility of use of the Southeast Works lot by Dawson Field patrons, or increased congested, and/or potentially haphazard, parking on the west side of Lincoln, during Southeast business hours, would turn the complex into a calamity.

Is Coleman hearing something about regarding Southeast which would make it wise to develop Dawson Field for such purposes?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; July 1st, 2017 at 04:57 PM.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Have no clue why. Does anyone know why? How many playing fields including parking could be placed on only 6 acres of land?
    At least, no appraisal was done prior to board approval.

Georgia L Schlager

Isnt Dawson Depew's problem? It was a beautiful diamond, shame that they've let it disintegrate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    Isnt Dawson Depew's problem? It was a beautiful diamond, shame that they've let it disintegrate again.
    This past spring, the entire Columbia-Lincoln Street area has had issues with gas company interventions, That may account for some of the deterioration this year. They tended to the diamond somewhat in the late spring, but Depew's only "weed-whacker" still must be down.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    The parking on Lincoln Street, north of Olmstead, is often something akin to a nightmare.

That area can barely handle the complex traffic patterns occasioned by the Southeast-People Inc. Agency, let alone the additional burden of increased traffic issues which would be generated by such a development of Dawson Field.

Furthermore, the possibility of use of the Southeast Works lot by Dawson Field patrons, or increased congested, and/or potentially haphazard, parking on the west side of Lincoln, during Southeast business hours, would turn the complex into a calamity.

Is Coleman hearing something about regarding Southeast which would make it wise to develop Dawson Field for such purposes?
    Add to the above that there is no on-site parking, the field is in deplorable shape and it could not accommodate for a full size soccer field. it would remain as one baseball diamond and would not be in the community’s best interest.

Is this resolution in lieu of the proposed William/Lake town park or in addition to it? Hopefully these questions will be asked and answered at tonight’s town board meeting.

Why is Coleman sponsoring this resolution?

This resolution should be tabled/pulled.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In the end the town board is adding more to the budget by adding a soccer field. Correct? Town employees will mow and tend to the area. Before you know it your property taxes will out pace other localities. When that happens you tend to see people flee the area like your do in Cheektowaga and other surrounding towns. Just a thought.

A William St resident was at the board meeting last night with questions regarding the proposed land acquisition for a soccer/lacrosse/walk/bike trail on Lake Ave
    The gentleman experienced quite a bit of flooding during that July monsoon event which a lot of residents who don't normally experience flooding also did at that time.
    From my understanding the man seems to feel that the park may create more flooding issues than he has now.
    In my view, just an old person putting her thoughts down here, utilizing green infrastructure in creating a soccer complex may improve his current flooding situation not make it worse. Some municipalities have constructed their soccer fields to be also utilized as temporary flood water storage areas.
    The town or soccer organization could look for funding sources by contacting the NYSDEC, EPA, One region Forward or maybe even the sewer authority.
    One thing is for sure a parking that location would be more of a sponge than a concrete jungle created in a subdivision.
    We as a community should start thinking outside of the box. We could be providing space to nurture healthy living in a park atmosphere and also provide an outlet to improve storm water drainage issues.

Georgia L Schlager

Well the saga of the long-sought-after South Lancaster park continues. This time a seemingly perfect plot of town-owned land between Aurora, Partridge Walk and Hidden Meadow Crossing has been proposed for a small neighborhood park, yet a vocal group of impacted (i.e. live directly behind it) neighbors still come out in full-blown opposition. There is just no way that everyone is ever going to agree on a park location, as the perfect one doesn't exist and there aren't many other viable options. The ideal location is the year 1980 as the subdivision was going up, but alas, we can't go back in time. So here we are, still park-less, houses going up left and right, kids with no where to play, roads with no sidewalks or shoulders even, and a decade or two after the town comprehensive plan concluded that we are way behind in parkland based on population and projected growth, which has and only will get worse, and yet still nothing has been done. Quite astounding (and ridiculous).

https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...artridge-walk/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information