Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignore Jeff

Ignore Jeff

Along with many others I have allowed myslef to get really PO'd by comments posted by Jeff Muir. When people respond to his misreprestations of truth he side steps their facts and plunges ahead to further antagonize.

Let's be honest until a couple of weeks ago who knew him? He was a virtual unknown on this blog and quite frankly in WNY. We have allowed him to create a pesona who now feels that his is an authority on all things Amherst. He's in the ARC and ascending its ranks rapidly. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he joins their executive commmittee. He joined the volunteer fire department and then does a critique of their whole system.

He gets a part time seasonal unposted job at Town Hall and within a couple of weeks he knows all there is to know about Town governement and town personnel. He even assigned himself his own title.

Then he started to post here. He antagonizes anyone he can. Now he has his own website where he can pontificate all he wants.

Can't you see where this is leading? He is creating a presence and a persona. He wants to be noticed. He wants everyone to know his name. He wants everyone to know his stand. He wants a following. He wants a group of admirers who wait with baited breath for him to opiine. My God folks he wants power. Can't you just see him on the Board!!!

I for one am sick of his "I know more than you and I'm right" attitude. Let's let Jeffy go somewhere else to play. Let's ignore his posts and not respond to him. Soon he'll get bored and can form a club with some of the "gadflies" who frequent Town Hall.

I don't know "Jeffy" (typical Amherstian putdown) jeffmuir--but looks like this might be his actual name. I do know he has as much right to post his opinion as anyone else. To try and make up a coalition to boycott him is a little suspect-especially from someone who is almost as new to the board as you are, "surface tension".

[QUOTE=Surface Tension]Along with many others I have allowed myslef to get really PO'd by comments posted by Jeff Muir. When people respond to his misreprestations of truth he side steps their facts and plunges ahead to further antagonize.

Let's be honest until a couple of weeks ago who knew him? He was a virtual unknown on this blog and quite frankly in WNY. We have allowed him to create a pesona who now feels that his is an authority on all things Amherst. He's in the ARC and ascending its ranks rapidly. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he joins their executive commmittee. He joined the volunteer fire department and then does a critique of their whole system.

He gets a part time seasonal unposted job at Town Hall and within a couple of weeks he knows all there is to know about Town governement and town personnel. He even assigned himself his own title.

Then he started to post here. He antagonizes anyone he can. Now he has his own website where he can pontificate all he wants.

Can't you see where this is leading? He is creating a presence and a persona. He wants to be noticed. He wants everyone to know his name. He wants everyone to know his stand. He wants a following. He wants a group of admirers who wait with baited breath for him to opiine. My God folks he wants power. Can't you just see him on the Board!!!

I for one am sick of his "I know more than you and I'm right" attitude. Let's let Jeffy go somewhere else to play. Let's ignore his posts and not respond to him. Soon he'll get bored and can form a club with some of the "gadflies" who frequent Town Hall.[/QUOTE}

There's a very simple mantra to remember. The Republicans have controlled Amherst for 98 of the last 100 years. All the problems people complain about today are the result of 98 years of their policies. They can't correct problems (including Supv. Mohan - who is now a Republican Committeeman and associate of Marshall Wood), because they are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    I don't know "Jeffy" (typical Amherstian putdown) jeffmuir--but looks like this might be his actual name. I do know he has as much right to post his opinion as anyone else. To try and make up a coalition to boycott him is a little suspect-especially from someone who is almost as new to the board as you are, "surface tension".

Yes, allow him to take a good beating like all the rest of us.

Sorry, Speaker, but Surface Tension is right. There are people on this board who have a need to inflame. Each of us has their own agenda, some more reasonable than others. I will not respond to know-it-all jeffmuir, nor crude nogood, ah, cgood. Errant children win when others respond to their antics.

Who's Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    I did not say we should deny him the right to blog, I merely suggested we should not repsond to his posts. To the other point, I have been a Town resident for over 40 yrs. I have been viewing this blog since it started and read the precursor blog also. I just started to post but I have been reading since it's inception. I simply feel that Jeff is trying to manipulate people and has a plan to promote himself.

Quote Originally Posted by nomomo
    Who's Jeff?
    That's the spirit!

Wink the truth hurts eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Surface Tension
    Along with many others I have allowed myslef to get really PO'd by comments posted by Jeff Muir. When people respond to his misreprestations of truth he side steps their facts and plunges ahead to further antagonize.

I for one am sick of his "I know more than you and I'm right" attitude. Let's let Jeffy go somewhere else to play. Let's ignore his posts and not respond to him. Soon he'll get bored and can form a club with some of the "gadflies" who frequent Town Hall.
    I guess the truth hurts, huh? Just like O'Loughlin going all toddler on me the other night, you guys apparently can dish it out but can't take it. Pathetic.

The members here can decide who they want to ignore.

They don't need something called Surface Tension to tell them.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Who's Jeff?
    Nobody.

Who's Jeff?

Who's Jeff??? Beats me!
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

I say ignore him if you weant. Isn't that what gets people into trouble... not listening to all sides of an issue. Sounds like typical politician approach to things.

juffmuir, I'm not ever sure I really understand who you are or what you are or what you do... but I can't say that you've ever posted anything that I wouldn't want to read.

Mohan's not a bad guy... he deserves to be defended at this point.

who am i

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    I say ignore him if you weant. Isn't that what gets people into trouble... not listening to all sides of an issue. Sounds like typical politician approach to things.

juffmuir, I'm not ever sure I really understand who you are or what you are or what you do... but I can't say that you've ever posted anything that I wouldn't want to read.

Mohan's not a bad guy... he deserves to be defended at this point.
    I'll tell you who I am. I'm a regular guy. Three kids. Own a little home in the village. Lived here 5 years. Voted for Mohan in the primary, didn't think he had any chance to win. When he won, I volunteered, which consisted of walking door to door and writing an occasional thing. After he won, I drifted away for a while but was amazed at the way town employees and town board members treated him. Stood on the sidelines for a few more months, until the Highway department attempted to take over the Amherst GOP. Worked on that campaign, and helped the GOP stay legit (i.e., out of union hands). Did some part-time, temp, seasonal work in Mohan's office for 5 weeks and got a first hand experience of how this town is run and how the employees put their own interests ahead of taxpayers. When I say "employees" of course I do not mean every employee. I mean the activist employees who actively attempt to subvert the will of the voters by undermining the elected supervisor because he merely wants to be a good steward of tax dollars. For having the gall to simply attempt to help Mohan enact his agenda, I was personally slandered on this site by anonymous town employees. Rather being bullied or intimidated, I answered back and challenged their ridiculous claims regarding Mohan. After seeing the Amherst Bee and the Amherst Times provide slanted reporting regarding Mohan, I launched the Amherst Review webpage. The immediate response was so positive I decided to launch a weekly print edition which debuts November 29. To hear some anonymous members on this site tell it, I a) don't have the right to voice my opinion because I haven't lived here long enough, b) have some secret evil plan to destroy Amherst, etc. The feroucious response from vested interests to one normal guy simply trying to get involved absolutely confirms that those vested interests (union town employees) are scared to death that voters might be onto them and might want a real change. That's who I am.

Don't pledge what you won't honor

What about Mohan's promise to work for one dollar a year? Doesn't that make him full of it?
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information