Thread: Sabres raise ticket prices Again.

Sabres raise ticket prices Again.

Oh boy bend over sabres fans and puck heads you will have to dig deeper into their wallets old money bags wants more money. What a joke
    “While this past season did not live up to our expectations, we look forward to what the future holds for the young talent already on the roster and a continued pursuit of a championship for the city of Buffalo,” John Sinclair, vice president of tickets and service, wrote in a letter than accompanied the ticket invoice.
    What happened last year with all the young talent? Grump any answers to that. You were a biggy on the sabres last year with cry baby jack and company.
    The cost of tickets has skyrocketed since owner Terry Pegula purchased the Sabres in 2011. While the salary cap has risen 22.9 percent – it was $59.4 million in 2010-11 and $73 million for 2016-17 – ticket prices have jumped as much as 47.1 percent.

Once again, Sabres season-ticket holders will have to dig deeper into their wallets.

In the continuation of an annual trend, Buffalo has increased its season-ticket prices. Seats for the 2017-18 season are going up about 4 percent across the board.

The largest increase of 4.3 percent is in 200 Club and 100 Level II. The seats in 200 Club, the priciest in KeyBank Center, are rising from $116 to $121 per game. Fans in 100 Level II will see a bounce to $73 per game from last season’s $70 ticket.

The per-game increases are $1 to $5 per seat. Packages range from $1,245 to $4,942 per seat.

This year’s package includes 40 regular-season games instead of 41 because the Sabres’ Winter Classic appearance Jan. 1 in Citi Field counts as a home game. Season-ticket holders will have a presale opportunity at a later date for the outdoor game against the New York Rangers. The season-ticket package also includes three preseason games (ranging from $15 to $34 per seat) and a free ticket to a game played by the Rochester Americans in Buffalo.

As usual, season-ticket holders will get 2.5 percent of their costs back in the form of a SabreBucks card. It can be used at the Sabres Store and concession stands, or it can go toward the purchase of a game ticket
    “While this past season did not live up to our expectations, we look forward to what the future holds for the young talent already on the roster and a continued pursuit of a championshipfor the city of Buffalo,” John Sinclair, vice president of tickets and service, wrote in a letter than accompanied the ticket invoice.

Here are the increases for all seating options:

200 Club – $116 to $121, 4.3 percent
    200 End – $97 to $101, 4.1 percent
    100 Preferred Rinkside – $106 to $110, 3.8 percent
    100 Preferred – $87 to $90, 3.5 percent
    100 Level II Rinkside – $85 to $88, 3.5 percent
    100 Level II – $70 to $73, 4.3 percent
    100 Level III Rinkside – $72 to $75, 4.2 percent
    100 Level III – $55 to $57, 4.2 percent
    100 Level IV – $48 to $50, 3.6 percent
    300 Level I – $51 to $53, 3.9 percent
    300 Level II – $37 to $38, 2.7 percent
    300 Level III – $29 to $30, 3.5 percent
    300 Level IV – $29 to $30, 3.5 percent
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Once again, Sabres season-ticket holders will have to dig deeper into their wallets.
    Cheekman, what are you complaining about? They want to make more money!!! Just like our local towns do when providing services. Sabres provide entertainment and towns provide services. The difference is the Sabres weren't given a monopoly of "entertainment" like towns have monopolies of services. Don't go to a hockey game if you don't like the ticket prices. Just sayin

Gee, I thought you would have posted about the new GM's but wait, that's positive news. You only dwell on the negative.

BTW, Sabres are highest in the league. Last year the prices went down by 2 bucks a seat from 2 years prior.

Or you could go to Toronto, the most expensive @ avg $374.00 per ticket.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, I must confess I like both GM hires although time will tell, as always. Did I read that one of the reasons Tim Murray got the axe is because he has a "ribald" sense of humor that Kim Pegula found offensive? Guess the old grump won't be applying for any positions at PSE.

Crap, I should have re-read my post. It's 18th highest in the league, not highest.

I like the guy the Bills just hired away form Houston as Pro Player Personnel head, too. I don't see a lot of wins this season, but I do like the personnel moves so far
    HipKat's Blog

If you can't afford season tickets then don't buy them. The Sabres have like a 90% or 95% renewal rate for seasons and have a list of over 2,000 people waiting for them.

The reality is they are not that expensive when you consider you're getting 40 games...in Buffalo...in the winter....for around $5,000 for a pair. Not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Crap, I should have re-read my post. It's 18th highest in the league, not highest.

I like the guy the Bills just hired away form Houston as Pro Player Personnel head, too. I don't see a lot of wins this season, but I do like the personnel moves so far

Honestly I kinda want the Bills to go into full rebuild mode. The 2018 draft is DEEP for QB. In the draft there is Darnold, Rosen and the Allen kid out of Wyoming. There is also Jackson but I think he is too small for the NFL.

Here is what I hope happens.

1 - The Peterman kid looks good. I don't think he is a franchise QB but if he can be a Frank Reich or Jimmy Garoppolo that pick is amazing.

2 - With Peterman proving to be serviceable Buffalo goes into the 2018 draft looking to package Tyrod Taylor with one of the 1st round picks. Move up to guarantee Darnold, Rosen or Allen...or whichever shakes out of the process as solid locks.

3 - Play Peterman going into 2019 and sit the new QB for as long as possible. Build the team around defense and a running game regardless of who is QB.

Leftie, I must be getting old because I don't miss going to the games. The last couple of Bills games I've been to have been miserable experiences, late season games in cruddy weather against other cruddy teams. And my last few Sabes games have been boring in the extreme. The beer is a lot cheaper in my living room in front of the tv and my wife only charges 7 or 8 bucks to park my car in the driveway on games days. I think the Bills are in rebuild mode but they won't call it that. That defense was handicapped by having Laurel & Hardy coaching them but they just weren't that good either. Whaley got a lot of credit for being able to scrounge the waiver wire for diamonds but if one of your top defenders is a career special teams player in his 30's your drafting stinks.

The best sports experience I've attended in the last 25 years was an impromptu trip to the MAC football championship game last fall at Ford Field betweeen Ohio and Western Michigan. 30th row seats were about $10 each, the facility was fine (made me realize we really need a domed stadium), we didn't have to wade our way through 35,000 drunks to get into the game, there were no rolling fist fights in the stands, people could bring their 11 & 12 year old daughters to the game without hearing every descriptive for human anatomy shouted in their ears. But something like that would never fly in the City of Good Neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The best sports experience I've attended in the last 25 years was an impromptu trip to the MAC football championship game last fall at Ford Field betweeen Ohio and Western Michigan. 30th row seats were about $10 each, the facility was fine (made me realize we really need a domed stadium), we didn't have to wade our way through 35,000 drunks to get into the game, there were no rolling fist fights in the stands, people could bring their 11 & 12 year old daughters to the game without hearing every descriptive for human anatomy shouted in their ears. But something like that would never fly in the City of Good Neighbors.
    You're comparing a bottom tier Division 1 game to the NFL??

ok
    HipKat's Blog

There is a large difference between the NFL and CFB experience. To start, college games have the benefit of packing student sections with...well drunk students. So the drunks exist but they are just contained. Second to this, by and large many fans at a school take great pride in 'hosting' fans from other schools. There is a level of etiquette exists. Not to say there are not scuffles but nothing close to what is found in the NFL.

As for how this ties back to Buffalo, and I am no expert, but it's my understanding that there are not nearly the same amount of issues at Sabres games as there are at Bills games. Couple be wrong but that's my understanding. I think two primary contributing factors to issues at the Bills games are the tailgating experience and the lower cost of tickets. Combined these cater to a specific type of fan and typically is not a family with 11 & 12 year old kids with them.

A new domeed stadium would actually go a long way to solving what I described in the paragraph above. Tailgating would be greatly reduced and ticket prices would increase. Combined this will weed out many of the undesirables at the game. Beyond this, the Bills will also have an opportunity to reshuffle the season tickets in the new stadium. If done correctly they can wedge fans into different 'experiences' in the stadium via ticket pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    You're comparing a bottom tier Division 1 game to the NFL??

ok
    It's a sports experience and I found more enjoyable. Pardon me all to hell! And you call the crap we're fed by the Bills year after year the NFL?! Try tuning in to some real NFL teams some Sunday, mastermind. Turns out there are coaches in the league who can actually count to 11.

Leftie, While Ford Field is domed there were plenty of Western fans tailgating. They just weren't stumble down drunks. Turns out you can have a beer or two without getting so snockered that you have to be helped into and out of the stadium. There were student sections but there were plenty of Western students interspersed around me. And while they made plenty of noise I didn't see any looking to pick a fight with everyone sitting around them. The simple fact is that when people say the Bills have a fan base what they should be saying is the Bills have fans that are base. I rather doubt that there's a worse venue in which to attend an NFL game than the cap.

Leftie, While Ford Field is domed there were plenty of Western fans tailgating. They just weren't stumble down drunks. Turns out you can have a beer or two without getting so snockered that you have to be helped into and out of the stadium. There were student sections but there were plenty of Western students interspersed around me. And while they made plenty of noise I didn't see any looking to pick a fight with everyone sitting around them. The simple fact is that when people say the Bills have a fan base what they should be saying is the Bills have fans that are base. I rather doubt that there's a worse venue in which to attend an NFL game than the cap.

We're on the same page re: issues with the tailgating culture at Bills home games.

As for worse venues...San Diego and Oakland were worse by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    We're on the same page re: issues with the tailgating culture at Bills home games.

As for worse venues...San Diego and Oakland were worse by a long shot.
    So I've heard but I'm not talking just about the physical facility. I'm talking the entire game experience...the physical plant certainly plays a huge role.

Thread Information