Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incumbent Democrat town council candidates

The town board representatives as they stand now have been doing a great job.
    They may not be all on the friendliest of terms but it's working.

Looking at the election results from 2013, it looks like the 2 Republican candidates - Leary and Sportelli had received more votes from the Republican party voters than Ruffino and Abraham had received from the Democratic party voters. they won due to the minor party votes.

This year, with Leary and Dickman receiving the Conservative endorsement, we need to get all the Dems to the polls. If there are Republicans not too enthused with Dickman who may split their vote with Leary and a Dem, it may make Leary a shoe-in.

My point is if we want to keep this board in tact, people have to get off their asses and vote.

I know that I will receive much criticism for this post but I'd say to the republicans and their sympathizers, "Be Careful What You Wish For"

And Have a GREAT day

Georgia L Schlager

Wouldn't it prudent for both candidates to swallow a little pride and find some common ground?
    As the old saying goes, "United we stand, divided we fall" Just my humble opinion

Have a GREAT day

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wouldn't it prudent for both candidates to swallow a little pride and find some common ground?
    As the old saying goes, "United we stand, divided we fall" Just my humble opinion

Have a GREAT day
    You are presuming that both candidates share same ideology and policies. How did that circling the wagons thingy work for the Republicans in the last election. A candidate should run on his or her own merits and not later be defamed with the "guilt by association" BS.

You assume there is a level playing field and that the backroom endorsement deals that fell through will not have a big impact on the primary and election campaigns.

You thought the last town election was nasty, pay attention it's coming. There are a lot of pissed off people out there.

As it will be a relatively quiet year regarding national and state elections and voter turnout is apt to be small, it will be extremely important for the Democrats and Republicans to get voters to the polls. Instead of the usual personal attacks voters should be listening to candidates opinions and asking questions on:

The master plan

Spending, the upcoming budget and debt load; and why the final budget is not approved until after the election

The environment / infrastructure / traffic and overburdened roads / flooding & drainage issues

The new recreational park concept

The possibility of a property reassessment

If the Republicans take advantage of the 'divide and conquer', I hope at worst the voters make a split decision omitting the Republican dickhead candidate.

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    You are presuming that both candidates share same ideology and policies.
    Sorry, Lee, I wasn't presuming anything.

A candidate should run on his or her own merits and not later be defamed with the "guilt by association" BS.
    That's so true.

Instead of the usual personal attacks voters should be listening to candidates opinions and asking questions on:

The master plan

Spending, the upcoming budget and debt load; and why the final budget is not approved until after the election

The environment / infrastructure / traffic and overburdened roads / flooding & drainage issues

The new recreational park concept

The possibility of a property reassessment
    If you can put faith into whether the candidates are being truthful in their opinions, the selection would be easy.

In my humble opinion ,

One candidate for how many years was Deputy supervisor being mentored by a supervisor who gave 'carte blanche' to the developers without consideration of infrastructure improvements to accommodate all that development. He has done an about face in his policies and ideology. Is this new found ideology like - if I can't be quarterback, I'm taking my ball and going home or is this the real councilman? Remember the show - What's my line? Will the real Councilman Ruffino please stand up. If the about face is real, he has my vote. I'm just not as fully convinced as you are yet, Lee.

The other candidate is being mentored by the current supervisor. The only really bad decision that I thought he and she have made was in voting 'no' to the parkland resolution over the 2 years of this administration. That decision may well haunt his candidacy. He has made a good decision in persuading the board into not approving the Windsor Ridge amendment without an access/egress road to Brunck. He seems to be listening to his constituents. Again, there is still no proof in the pudding yet.

But I also know nothing about the Republicans, except the bad about the one.

Have a GREAT day

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information