Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deputy Highway Superintendent

Deputy Highway Superintendent

Why did the town just hire an inexperienced deputy highway superintendent? From what i hear the last known job this person had was working at Tops!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What are his duties? Wouldn't you at minimum in this case hire within? Is this like an assistant or someone that would step up if anything happened to the Highway Superintendent? Are they noted for being a political volunteer or family member of someone who works for the town? Was there someone in this spot before hand? Or is this a new position? WHere was the position posted for others to apply?

Gee someone getting a job he probably doesn't deserve
    What is the political world coming to

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Why did the town just hire an inexperienced deputy highway superintendent? From what i hear the last known job this person had was working at Tops!
    was this for cheektowaga? I thought they already had a deputy hs
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    was this for cheektowaga? I thought they already had a deputy hs
    the current deputy hw superintendent retired (kowal). whoever takes the spot now finishes out the term with the current hw superintendent (mark wegner). if the current hw superintendent doesn't get re-elected the deputy is out of a job too. no one wanted to leave their current position for a year and a half appointment with a chance of being canned so they talked some guy from Tops into this

Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    the current deputy hw superintendent retired (kowal). whoever takes the spot now finishes out the term with the current hw superintendent (mark wegner). if the current hw superintendent doesn't get re-elected the deputy is out of a job too. no one wanted to leave their current position for a year and a half appointment with a chance of being canned so they talked some guy from Tops into this

ahhhhhhh..... the family&friends net. running like a top a well oiled machine!
    this is a good friend of mr. wagner highway superintendent he made the appointment of his friend. he has no experience in Heavy Equipment. a guy making 77g's a year + the bennies with no experience in anything but working at tops. wake up town board

Last edited by cheekman; February 4th, 2010 at 12:18 AM.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You really have to think before your post...

I met Michael today and reviewed his resume.

Now we all know that all people fluff their resumes but this one looks pretty good. His duties will focus on the business side of the department.. He as experience with team building, business planning, process improvement, contract negotiation, project management along with inventory control.

He was a manager with 20 years of experience in procurement, merchandising, sales and marketing, develop innovative strategies utilizing business/product development, consumer behavior, distribution structure and pricing strategies to improve sales/profits and reduce costs.

He also has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management.

He wasn't the cart pusher at tops.

The only issue I have is I would like to see what pool of resumes were submitted for this position before he was picked. If there were no other people reviewed for this position I would say that wasn't a good business move. The person hiring this person has a responsibility to his boss. The tax payers of Cheektowaga.

!

Hear say...all hear say...Please go right to the source and ask the guy what he did. All you need is good MANAGEMENT SKILLS and you can run most any Departments in business....

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

!

Oh BTW, stop bitching, and complaining and start running for these jobs slots, you have a lot of words to say put them to good use.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

come on res. they should of went outside of the town for a job like this meaning someone with a back ground in road construction, road projects, paving,storm sewer projects,Engineering Degrees or close to it. give it this guy is no dummy so you say but not the right job. again a friend that was hired to a $77g's job. did you find out if he has a CDL to drive the big rigs im sure not. i beleive mr. kowal was very expereinced at his job!
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No big rig driving. He will focus on the business side of things.

I would like to know what the other resumes were though.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    No big rig driving. He will focus on the business side of things.

I would like to know what the other resumes were though.
    I live in this town for the past 18 years and a "TAX-PAYER" this was the wrong hire.This was politically motivated by Mr. Wagner and hired a friend, not the person for a job of this caliber!

First

First of all let me say this !

You have grown Adults working in the Highway, These people know what needs done on a day in day out basis. Rather it Be Winter Summer, or Fall. No matter what the people of Cheektowaga think , The Citizens of Cheektowaga have a great Highway Crew! Mark Wegner has done extremly well in the 2 years as Highway Sup. Dont forget Mark lives in Cheektowaga as well so he is taking pride in his Job as it shows.

Further more the NEW guy is there to protect Mark and to make sure the Residents are getting their BUCKS WORTH! He is another set of EYES for not only Mark but for the Cheektowaga Residents. He isnt there to drive TRUCKS or to go to Town Board Meetings and give SMILES to the same Hyenas the Residents have Elected for the the last 20 years plus.

As a Town Resident ( TAXPAYER) I think both Mark and he new guy are great assets for the TAXPAYERS. Kepp up the great work and keep saving the money guys and to the workers great job this year so far !

Further more the NEW guy is there to protect Mark and to make sure the Residents are getting their BUCKS WORTH! He is another set of EYES for not only Mark but for the Cheektowaga Residents. He isnt there to drive TRUCKS or to go to Town Board Meetings and give SMILES to the same Hyenas the Residents have Elected for the the last 20 years plus

So what you are telling me is that Mr.Wagner hired his inexperienced friend to be his bodyguard? His new eyes and ears should come down my street! Snow plowing is no better now than it was four years ago. Maybe they both need a new set of eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You really have to think before your post...

I met Michael today and reviewed his resume.

Now we all know that all people fluff their resumes but this one looks pretty good. His duties will focus on the business side of the department.. He as experience with team building, business planning, process improvement, contract negotiation, project management along with inventory control.

He was a manager with 20 years of experience in procurement, merchandising, sales and marketing, develop innovative strategies utilizing business/product development, consumer behavior, distribution structure and pricing strategies to improve sales/profits and reduce costs.

He also has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management.

He wasn't the cart pusher at tops.

The only issue I have is I would like to see what pool of resumes were submitted for this position before he was picked. If there were no other people reviewed for this position I would say that wasn't a good business move. The person hiring this person has a responsibility to his boss. The tax payers of Cheektowaga.
    I never said he was a cart pusher! I didn’t know that speak up now posts resumes of town employees. Are you now working for the town of Cheektowaga as the town personal director? What I said is he worked for tops, which is very true and has no experience in working in A HIGHWAY DEPT! Would the town of Amherst hire a guy like this? I don’t think so. What we don’t need in this town is another friend of a friend to be hired or some ones family member to be hired again and again, and the highway dept is full of them. With so many people out of work I am sure the town could of hire from the outside with road construction background. Lets make this position a Civil Service job.

“He was a manager with 20 years of experience in procurement, merchandising, sales and marketing, develop innovative strategies utilizing business/product development, consumer behavior, distribution structure and pricing strategies to improve sales/profits and reduce costs.”

I do have some very good friends that work for the town and they told me mike is a long time friend of Mr. Wagner over thirty years, and hangs out at his bar. So Mr. ‘WNY” The town now has another employee in the ranks of the family and friends network.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information