Thread: Cheektowaga Cop May Be reinstated

Cheektowaga Cop May Be reinstated

I see were the Town Board will be meeting tonight to discuss what to do about a cop that has been on paid leave since june 2008.They will discuss,dismissing or giving him a 60 day suspension.After reading has record in the paper how can he be not dismissed,also how come it took so long to come out with a finding.

Of course they are going to reinstate him if not they might have to hire someone else.An African American maybe?No way thats gonna happen in the town of Cheektowaga

Quote Originally Posted by Albie View Post
    I see were the Town Board will be meeting tonight to discuss what to do about a cop that has been on paid leave since june 2008.They will discuss,dismissing or giving him a 60 day suspension.After reading has record in the paper how can he be not dismissed,also how come it took so long to come out with a finding.
    there is a lot of politices going on with this guy thats why so long and remember daddy is a retired cop.
    they just fired a cop almost for the same thing so one goes right away and one waits is years
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    there is a lot of politices going on with this guy thats why so long and remember daddy is a retired cop.
    they just fired a cop almost for the same thing so one goes right away and one waits is years
    No.

One resigned, the other decided to fight it out with lawyers. Thats why it took so long.

QUOTE=crabbyapple;603463]No.

One resigned, the other decided to fight it out with lawyers. Thats why it took so long.[/QUOTE]

oh ya, resigned better than getting fired if this guy goes that three cops in three years

Cheektowaga town board voted to fire Robida tonight.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/945982.html

Wow, they went against the recommendation of the deputy attorney.

Great job.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Cheektowaga town board voted to fire Robida tonight.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/945982.html

Wow, they went against the recommendation of the deputy attorney.

Great job.
    WoW..... the town board woke up

this is not good
    "Robida had seven previous disciplinary actions, including one suspension for breaking a man's nose at an Elma bar in 2006, leaving the scene and failing to report the incident. Robida was arrested, pleaded guilty to harassment and paid $15,000 to the victim, who was treated for his injuries at an ambulatory care center. He was suspended for 30 days without pay."

Originally posted by cheekman:
    this is not good
    "Robida had seven previous disciplinary actions, including one suspension for breaking a man's nose at an Elma bar in 2006, leaving the scene and failing to report the incident. Robida was arrested, pleaded guilty to harassment and paid $15,000 to the victim, who was treated for his injuries at an ambulatory care center. He was suspended for 30 days without pay."
    With a record like that, how could that deputy town attorney fathom just a suspension?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    With a record like that, how could that deputy town attorney fathom just a suspension?
    Whiting is the pt town attorney....... unbelievable. this is as good as the guy they hired from tops to run the highway dept.

I had a run in with Robida several years ago. My daughter was just out of high school and was friends with Robida's ex-girlfriend. My daughter had a cell phone that was in my name. They decided to use the phone to text him. It started to get nasty, then they started phoning each other and it got nastier. (I didn't know about this). Robida shows up at my house in uniform asking for my daughter who wasn't home. He told me what happened and asked that she call him. He said she was harrassing him and this was a serious matter. I asked her about it and she told me how it started as just goofing around and things got out of hand.

I called verizon to see about getting the phone records and was told I couldn't have them with out a court order. I asked how someone could get my name and address with just the cell number and I was told it could only be done with a court order.

He showed up the next night to ask why my daughter did not call him and I told him that I told her not to bother calling him back (at the police department # he left). He told me this was serious and he could have her arrested for harrassment. I told him how dare he come to my home in his uniform when this was a private matter between him and the girls and if wanted to have her arrested, then go right ahead, but if he did, I would inform is superiors that he obtained my name and address illegally. He looked at me and said good evening and he wouldn't be bothering me again. Never heard from him again, thank goodness.

I always wondered what kind of cop he was for doing this intimidation kind of stuff. I think the town board made a good decision.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

The guy sounds like nothing but trouble. TB did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    I had a run in with Robida several years ago. My daughter was just out of high school and was friends with Robida's ex-girlfriend. My daughter had a cell phone that was in my name. They decided to use the phone to text him. It started to get nasty, then they started phoning each other and it got nastier. (I didn't know about this). Robida shows up at my house in uniform asking for my daughter who wasn't home. He told me what happened and asked that she call him. He said she was harrassing him and this was a serious matter. I asked her about it and she told me how it started as just goofing around and things got out of hand.

I called verizon to see about getting the phone records and was told I couldn't have them with out a court order. I asked how someone could get my name and address with just the cell number and I was told it could only be done with a court order.

He showed up the next night to ask why my daughter did not call him and I told him that I told her not to bother calling him back (at the police department # he left). He told me this was serious and he could have her arrested for harrassment. I told him how dare he come to my home in his uniform when this was a private matter between him and the girls and if wanted to have her arrested, then go right ahead, but if he did, I would inform is superiors that he obtained my name and address illegally. He looked at me and said good evening and he wouldn't be bothering me again. Never heard from him again, thank goodness.

I always wondered what kind of cop he was for doing this intimidation kind of stuff. I think the town board made a good decision.
    emmy a guy with a very short fuse and a big ego he loved himself i guess this might make him grow up.

e·gos
    The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.
    In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.

An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit.
    Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem

!

This is nothing more than excreting his power as a police officer over another person in this case a female which is domestic violence. Not to go in depth with my work history but back in the 1990's I worked at the Man to Man program and I had 6 Cheektowaga police officers in one to one private sessions.

I for one, support weekly if not, bi-weekly group sessions within the Department to keep a check on their men. Think of how many more officers their are doing a job where their emotions can place you in jail, get them fired, or in a lawsuit. It is a serious problem across this country police officers are people too and they do come with their own set of problems before they even see the streets.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information