Thread: Canalside Survey

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Canalside Survey

Go take the survey...

http://canalsidesurvey.questionpro.com/

Some interesting questions.

Thinking about ALL the times you visited Canalside WITHIN THE PAST 12 MONTHS, please tell us what you did while you were there. (Mark all that apply) *

Walked around

Watched fireworks

Used the pedestrian/bike ferry service

Took a land tour

Attended a talk or lecture

Rode a bicycle

Rented an ice bike

Attended a free concert

Rented a kayak or water bike

Attended a paid concert

Visited the Naval and Military Park

Participated in curling

Ate take-out food from a stand/vendor/truck

Attended an exercise/fitness program

Attended a festival

Attended a children's/youth program

Attended a theatrical performance

Went to Canalside before/after an event at the arena

Went ice skating

Took a boat tour

Went to Canalside before/after visiting HarborCenter

Ate at a sit-down restaurant

Yes it's all fantastic if you prefer icicles over palm trees.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    As a place to go in the summer it's fine.

From the many people I know who fled NYS most don't care to look back though. The last person who contacted me to say hi said it was the best thing they did moving to Florida.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Canalside’s new management group is looking for input from Western New Yorkers about their Canalside experience.

Canalside Management Group (CMG) has created the Canalside Community Survey, which can be taken confidentially online at www.CanalsideResearch.com.

The survey consists of 25 questions, covering topics such as concerts, dining options, water sports, and activities offered. It takes five minutes to complete.

http://wivb.com/2017/04/23/residents...de-experience/

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    As a place to go in the summer it's fine.

From the many people I know who fled NYS most don't care to look back though. The last person who contacted me to say hi said it was the best thing they did moving to Florida.
    I think that it is a mixed bag, some people do come back though, obviously the net loss continues. I will probably end up moving at some point as property tax, weather, NYS income tax is quite enough. I have friends that pay a thousand dollars a month just in property taxes.. I mean that's insane.

Florida is a nice place but sooner than you think it's going to be underwater, not to mention it's going to look like a satellite map of Manhattan, just gray with a little green in the middle. Everyone from NY has to move there or Arizona for some reason. Just like the folks that have to be outside in shorts in March the first sunny day, even though it's 38 degrees.

Back in your own Backyard

I can't answer any of those questions, as the place has absolutely nothing of interest
    Last edited by ChetKowal; May 20th, 2017 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChetKowal View Post
    I can't answer any of those questions, as the place has absolutely nothing of interest
    I would say the same thing about the grain elevators. Buffalo thinks they are some kind of concrete Picasso. They mean nothing to anyone outside this area. Why people think that our industrial past is something so worth embracing by the world is beyond me. Nobody cares. If you really want to see something historically architecturally important go to Rome.

No one will be flocking to the Amherst blue water tower, or an electrical transformer power station in a hundred years if still there... trust me.

When we were there we did most of the list. It was a year round place for us. To each their own I guess.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by yokes View Post
    When we were there we did most of the list. It was a year round place for us. To each their own I guess.
    What was more important in the end? Job opportunity or the ability to ride a bike on ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I would say the same thing about the grain elevators. Buffalo thinks they are some kind of concrete Picasso. They mean nothing to anyone outside this area. Why people think that our industrial past is something so worth embracing by the world is beyond me. Nobody cares. If you really want to see something historically architecturally important go to Rome.

No one will be flocking to the Amherst blue water tower, or an electrical transformer power station in a hundred years if still there... trust me.
    Actually, that stuff means nothing to most people locally either. They matter to about 40 or 50 loudmouths as is the case with most "historic" sites. As between the two, I prefer Utica over Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What was more important in the end? Job opportunity or the ability to ride a bike on ice?
    Bad question in that I could have stayed and done a similar job And they have ice bikes here to

But the true answer is quality of life stuff is important. If where we had the opportunity to move was a craphole we wouldn't have moved. There are a lot of similar "activities" around here.

Again to each their own, in our case that stuff matters and we took advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Actually, that stuff means nothing to most people locally either. They matter to about 40 or 50 loudmouths as is the case with most "historic" sites. As between the two, I prefer Utica over Rome.
    Agreed...and it still has stemmed population exodus either...

Thread Information