In response to post quoted below:

When a person claims to work , receive pay and benefits for a full time job - they are expected to work full time.

If i paid a lawyer a few hundred dollars an hour - i would assume he worked for me those hours.

Unless this guy doesn't sleep - how can he possibly do both ?

Where New York State should be involved is clear - if he is billing law clients for hours that conflict with Town hours - he's defrauding the pension system as well as taxpayers who think he's in Town Hall .(because as most residents know - he is not.)

If i were a client , i would be suspicious of his accounting practices. Actually all Lancaster Taxpayers are his clients.

If he recieves compensation from clients that go in front of our Town Board or Planning Board for project approvals - who does he work for?
================================================== ===

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Applesack
Since when does the New York State Retirement System police a municipality employee's extra curricular dealings?

If it is in fact is going on, it seems that it is the Supervisor's job to ensure that such dealings are not conflicting with the performance of his duties as a town employee. Unless it's specifically spelled out in his job description/duties, I don't think the town can prevent him from operating his own private practice.