Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No criminal charges in deletion of 400 files in Cheektowaga Town Clerk's office

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaTaxpayer View Post
    I have heard that Pat is filing complaints with the town ethics board and the Attorney General's office. Has anyone else heard this?
    It's true. Had it confirmed.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    It's kind of interesting that the DA looks the other way when it came to Alice because her people carried his petitions and helped him get to the ballot. One has to wonder if Alice did not help him would the DA have looked the other way. Just a thought.
    I was just sent this:

§ 175.20 Tampering with public records in the second degree.
    A person is guilty of tampering with public records in the second
    degree when, knowing that he does not have the authority of anyone
    entitled to grant it, he knowingly removes, mutilates, destroys,
    conceals, makes a false entry in or falsely alters any record or other
    written instrument filed with, deposited in, or otherwise constituting a
    record of a public office or public servant.
    Tampering with public records in the second degree is a Class A
    misdemeanor.
    Does law 175.20 apply? Were records knowingly destroyed? If you take your mouse and select a group of file then press the delete key deleting the files isn't that the same as "destroying" them?

175.25 Tampering with public records in the first degree.
    A person is guilty of tampering with public records in the first
    degree when, knowing that he does not have the authority of anyone
    entitled to grant it, and with intent to defraud, he knowingly removes,
    mutilates, destroys, conceals, makes a false entry in or falsely alters
    any record or other written instrument filed with, deposited in, or
    otherwise constituting a record of a public office or public servant.
    Tampering with public records in the first degree is a class D felony.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I was just sent this:

Does law 175.20 apply? Were records knowingly destroyed? If you take your mouse and select a group of file then press the delete key deleting the files isn't that the same as "destroying" them?
    Because the files were recovered they were not destroyed. The DA did not charge her IMO.

But her actions speak loudly for her on the job lack of morals and not truly being the team player that the people of this town desperately need on the town board.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But the intention was there to destroy the records, correct?

So lets say Eddy and Fred are neighbors. Eddy decides to put a 4 foot flamingo on his front lawn. Every time a car goes by it honks. Fred's bedroom window is about 15 feet from the flamingo. After a few weeks Fred goes over to Eddy's house and says can you please take down the flamingo because it wakes him up during the night. Eddy says no it's on his property. Fred leaves... Time goes on and the honks continue.. 9 pm "HONK".... 11 pm "HONK"....2 am "HONK.

Then you know what happens? The Cheektowaga Town Board approves zoning changes for a 24 hour Walmart on Walden. NOW it's "HONK" "HONK" "HONK" every 5 minutes from the Walmart 24/7 traffic. So finally Fred snaps, goes over to Eddy's house, grabs the flamingo and beats Eddy almost to death with it. Every time Fred hits Eddy it's a "HONK".. Finally Fred shoves the flamingo up Eddy's ass and leaves. Eddy's wife comes home from her ceramic class at the senior center and calls an ambulance. They take Eddy to St Joes and have the flamingo removed. Eddy lives. So now does that mean that Fred can not be charged with destruction of the flamingo (records) because St Joes handed Eddy back the flamingo (town records) at considerable cost ( the town) to Eddy? There was a cost involved with the saving of the flamingo as there was with trying to undelete the town records.

See what I mean.

IMO and I am not a lawyer,

They would charge Fred with the worst crime. it would probably be assault or attempted murder in a addition to sodomy of some degree.

You really need to question the DA or the STATE Attorney General on why Alice is was not charged.

But the intention was there to destroy the records, correct?

So lets say Eddy and Fred are neighbors. Eddy decides to put a 4 foot flamingo on his front lawn. Every time a car goes by it honks. Fred's bedroom window is about 15 feet from the flamingo. After a few weeks Fred goes over to Eddy's house and says can you please take down the flamingo because it wakes him up during the night. Eddy says no it's on his property. Fred leaves... Time goes on and the honks continue.. 9 pm "HONK".... 11 pm "HONK"....2 am "HONK.

Then you know what happens? The Cheektowaga Town Board approves zoning changes for a 24 hour Walmart on Walden. NOW it's "HONK" "HONK" "HONK" every 5 minutes from the Walmart 24/7 traffic. So finally Fred snaps, goes over to Eddy's house, grabs the flamingo and beats Eddy almost to death with it. Every time Fred hits Eddy it's a "HONK".. Finally Fred shoves the flamingo up Eddy's ass and leaves. Eddy's wife comes home from her ceramic class at the senior center and calls an ambulance. They take Eddy to St Joes and have the flamingo removed. Eddy lives. So now does that mean that Fred can not be charged with destruction of the flamingo (records) because St Joes handed Eddy back the flamingo (town records) at considerable cost ( the town) to Eddy? There was a cost involved with the saving of the flamingo as there was with trying to undelete the town records.

See what I mean.
    WOW, great analogy and imagination

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I was laughing when I was writing that

I was laughing when I was writing that
    I was laughing when I was reading it

Georgia L Schlager

Maybe Alice will get rewarded like Markel did.

He screwed the taxpayers by falsifying info to the unemployment office and got appointed to the ECWA and made $51,000 last year. Sometimes, I guess, it pays to be a crook

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information