Thread: Voters have a profound chance to reform the tax funded patronage system.

Voters have a profound chance to reform the tax funded patronage system.

Taxpayers have a great chance at reforming the "Tax Funded Political Patronage System"

There has been a history of hundreds of tax funded - unneeded tax funded positions created and filled by "Party Leaders" ! Tax payers are funding do nothing jobs for Party Leaders and their friends - yet so far the Party Leaders are wining !

Voters and tax payers dont seem to mind supporting these local players. They recieve tax funded pay checks, tax funded healthcare and cadilac style benefits and pensions. Yet when given the chance - the only people taking action has been Party Players.

they are working Hard to remove Mr.Flaherty from the DA"s Office before voters understand whats at stake. Whats at stake is MILLION and MILLIONS of yearly wasted tax dollars and MILLIONS in life time pensions.

Here is your chance to act: https://www.change.org/p/erie-county...edium=copylink

Citizens of Erie County have been subjected to a system of politicking which has greatly reduced their voice in government for far too long. Democrats and Republicans have created a vast network of patronage appointees, back room deals, and pay-to-play schemes to benefit those closely supportive of their respective parties.

This corrupted network has created a government that puts the interest of those inside the political network ahead of those in the public who sit outside. The passage of Acting District Attorney Flaherty's ethics plan will greatly help restore honesty, accountability and representation to all governments in Erie County.

Please sign this petition and urge your county legislator to put the public's best interest over their own and support all of these reforms. List of reforms can be found here: http://www2.erie.gov/da/index.php?q=...ty-code-ethics
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Taxpayers have a great chance at reforming the "Tax Funded Political Patronage System"

There has been a history of hundreds of tax funded - unneeded tax funded positions created and filled by "Party Leaders" ! Tax payers are funding do nothing jobs for Party Leaders and their friends - yet so far the Party Leaders are wining !

Voters and tax payers dont seem to mind supporting these local players. They recieve tax funded pay checks, tax funded healthcare and cadilac style benefits and pensions. Yet when given the chance - the only people taking action has been Party Players.

they are working Hard to remove Mr.Flaherty from the DA"s Office before voters understand whats at stake. Whats at stake is MILLION and MILLIONS of yearly wasted tax dollars and MILLIONS in life time pensions.

Here is your chance to act: https://www.change.org/p/erie-county...edium=copylink

Citizens of Erie County have been subjected to a system of politicking which has greatly reduced their voice in government for far too long. Democrats and Republicans have created a vast network of patronage appointees, back room deals, and pay-to-play schemes to benefit those closely supportive of their respective parties.

This corrupted network has created a government that puts the interest of those inside the political network ahead of those in the public who sit outside. The passage of Acting District Attorney Flaherty's ethics plan will greatly help restore honesty, accountability and representation to all governments in Erie County.

Please sign this petition and urge your county legislator to put the public's best interest over their own and support all of these reforms. List of reforms can be found here: http://www2.erie.gov/da/index.php?q=...ty-code-ethics

You can start with New York State Senator Patrick Gallivan, who is up for re-election this November.

This is an immediate candidate, who falls directly in your definition of someone to target for defeat.

Consider the double-dipping of New York State Senator Patrick Gallivan:

$42,497 public pension as a member of the New York State Employees Retirement System, where he has collected a public pension since 2005, and on top of that he rakes in $79,500 as a New York State Senator, and also claims a stipend of $12,500 for being a Chair of one of the standing committees in the New York State Senate.

Add it all up 4248 - - - $134,497. MUST BE NICE!!!!

And NO MENTION OF THIS BY 4248!!

Senator Gallivan is an obvious candidate for 4248 to oppose for re-election, yet, the good Senator continues to escape 4248's wrath.

Why???

You keep forgetting(conveniently) that he started collecting his pension when he was out of office.

Unlike Supervisor (Double Dip) Coleman who schemed to get elected to Town Supervisor - hid and denied it while campaigning (yet that is when she started her official paperwork). Just like her friend XCouncilmember Donna Stempniak did.

Supervisor (Double Dip) Johanna Coleman
    Shes collecting full tax funded benefits and
    $600.00 tax dollars a day

- $3000.00 a week
    - $12,000.00 tax dollars a month
    - $124,000.00 tax dollars a year plus benefits.
    So what that about a $40,000.00 tax dollar raise or HALF A MILLION for one term as Supervisor - SLICK !

No wonder why she hid it from taxpaying voters

You yourself denied she was planning to collect her tax funded pension when collecting her full pay and benefits in office. That is the difference.

You never mention all your Dem Friends doing it -

You also believe Patronage and Nepotism is a entitlement for your friends and family - you got balls ! The majority of your presumed family are all tax funded patronage hires. Good Luck with that PAL !

You keep forgetting(conveniently) that he started collecting his pension when he was out of office.

Unlike Supervisor (Double Dip) Coleman who schemed to get elected to Town Supervisor - hid and denied it while campaigning (yet that is when she started her official paperwork). Just like her friend XCouncilmember Donna Stempniak did.

Supervisor (Double Dip) Johanna Coleman
    Shes collecting full tax funded benefits and
    $600.00 tax dollars a day

- $3000.00 a week
    - $12,000.00 tax dollars a month
    - $124,000.00 tax dollars a year plus benefits.
    So what that about a $40,000.00 tax dollar raise or HALF A MILLION for one term as Supervisor - SLICK !

No wonder why she hid it from taxpaying voters

You yourself denied she was planning to collect her tax funded pension when collecting her full pay and benefits in office. That is the difference.

You never mention all your Dem Friends doing it -

You also believe Patronage and Nepotism is a entitlement for your friends and family - you got balls ! The majority of your presumed family are all tax funded patronage hires. Good Luck with that PAL !
    Oh, this is a pretty convenient policy on your part, 4248, allowing Senator Gallivan to keep his public pension while serving as senator and collecting a rather large payday for a very part-time job at the same time. And I am not giving anyone a pass, as you state. If you are for reform, 4248, any reasonable person would expect such reform to affect all public office holders.

I guess you simply are not as reform-minded as you imply.

You show an
    extraordinary amount of hypocrisy here - and for someone so upset about Supervisor Coleman's public pension, your take on Senator Gallivan highlights to me how your obsession is most likely a personal one for Ms. Coleman because you allow Senator Gallivan such a pass on such a large amount of government funding coming his way for his "public service."

Senator Gallivan is the elected official who could provide your cause some measure of change, since he is a State senator.

I find your policy for Senator Gallivan as rather odd. Shouldn't he have to give up his pension while serving in the State Senate at $92,000 part-time???? You do recall that any other person, not elected, can earn only $30,000 should they want to collect their public pension and go back to work in the government, except those who are granted a waiver or meet an older age requirement????

I guess we can call it the 4248 Loophole, and it's a big one to boot. Only a child would agree with you on this loophole. It's simply laughable, 4248!!!

I also guess if this is how you think, your policy is no better that the Albany politicians' take on policy: it is anything but reform. Darn, it's corrupt!! It's an Albany-made loophole that voters would reject, after they had a hardy laugh at your expense, of course.

Your pass for Senator Gallivan makes your attacks on Supervisor Coleman appear to be politicial. Nothing more, just cheap political shots.

Sad!

Do us all a favor, 4248, and at least try to have a level playing field instead of favoritism for people you support. Shelve the 4248 Loophole! It really make you look ridiculous.

Here is how I see it.

Again you try to "Project a perception of my views" not the factual aspect of them.

You keep using the Senator - not me - but your reason is clear. He is a Republican and you ignore the over whelming fact that more Democrats have used this "scheme" nation wide. Its become so regular that its known as the "Holiday Break Maneuver"

- Google "Double Dip"

Now heres my stand on this and I posted it many times:

"No politician at any level of Government - whether elected or appointed should be able to collect a tax funded pension while still in office."

If, like in Supervisor Coleman's case they do - it should be taxed. They should be taxed as if its regular income as long as they are actively working.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now again the reason I detest what Supervisor (Double Dip) Coleman did is this - she planned on doing the double dip while campaigning. She and her close Party Town Hall Friends knew she was going to do it.

You Breezy/Giza denied she was planning it. You and her Party Campaign supporters denied she was planning to collect her full tax funded retirement while being a fully paid Town Supervisor.

You tried to play her off as a "New Comer to Politics" - you tried to act as if she had no other reason to run for higher office.

Then we see the attachment of her maiden name "Metz" to her campaign. Then we see her father was a Lancaster Town Hall Politician. There is a lifetime of Lan Dem Politics behind her and you all denied it.

Its the planned deceit - the planned misinformation about her agenda and her heritage. Its all about "Party Control and Money"

You Sir are the prime example of the Patronage/Nepotism that has ruled Lancaster for far too long.

So, In closing - I hope that helps clear up some of the misinformation or perceptions your trying to create about my positions.

Have a great patronage tax funded day PAL

[QUOTE=Breezy;1618825]

You show an extraordinary amount of hypocrisy here - and for someone so upset about Supervisor Coleman's public pension, your take on Senator Gallivan highlights to me how your obsession is most likely a personal one for Ms. Coleman because you allow Senator Gallivan such a pass on such a large amount of government funding coming his way for his "public service."
    Wrong again Mr.Twister - "I don't allow or approve of anyone scheming and collecting both full tax funded pay and pension at the same time"
    ------------------

You do recall that any other person, not elected, can earn only $30,000 should they want to collect their public pension and go back to work in the government, except those who are granted a waiver or meet an older age requirement????
    Before the election you denied she was planning on "Double Dipping". Of course I remember that - I brought it out before the election then after she won and it was exposed she did file for her retirement you claimed because of her age she didn't need a waiver(stated in prior posts)
    ----------------

I guess we can call it the 4248 Loophole, and it's a big one to boot. Only a child would agree with you on this loophole. It's simply laughable, 4248!!!
    Wrong again Mr.Twister - any adult can see how your twisting things and suggesting something that defies logic. If you want to say "4248 advocates Taxing them for collecting a full pension while in office" then please do name it the 4248 Loophole !
    -----------------------

It's an Albany-made loophole that voters would reject, after they had a hardy laugh at your expense, of course.
    I do agree this "Double Dip scheme" was invented and the exception was written by self serving Politicians. I also believe if the public was informed prior to it being passed - or if they had to vote on it - it would never have been passed.
    -------------------

Do us all a favor, 4248, and at least try to have a level playing field instead of favoritism for people you support. Shelve the 4248 Loophole! It really make you look ridiculous.
    I am trying to "Level the playing field" by raising public awareness and helping make our elected officials be more transparent and honest about their motives and hidden tax funded perks they hope to collect. When they run for office they should be honest as to how they will benefit and just how much they will receive if elected.

But instead like so many of them, you and Supervisor (Double Dip) Coleman kept saying is "I am doing it for the community".

How does collecting a full tax funded pay check - and a tax funded pension plus benefits help the "Community" ?

Last edited by 4248; February 16th, 2016 at 09:48 PM.

Again you try to "Project a perception of my views" not the factual aspect of them.

You keep using the Senator - not me - but your reason is clear. He is a Republican and you ignore the over whelming fact that more Democrats have used this "scheme" nation wide. Its become so regular that its known as the "Holiday Break Maneuver"

- Google "Double Dip"

Now heres my stand on this and I posted it many times:

"No politician at any level of Government - whether elected or appointed should be able to collect a tax funded pension while still in office."

If, like in Supervisor Coleman's case they do - it should be taxed. They should be taxed as if its regular income as long as they are actively working.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now again the reason I detest what Supervisor (Double Dip) Coleman did is this - she planned on doing the double dip while campaigning. She and her close Party Town Hall Friends knew she was going to do it.

You Breezy/Giza denied she was planning it. You and her Party Campaign supporters denied she was planning to collect her full tax funded retirement while being a fully paid Town Supervisor.

You tried to play her off as a "New Comer to Politics" - you tried to act as if she had no other reason to run for higher office.

Then we see the attachment of her maiden name "Metz" to her campaign. Then we see her father was a Lancaster Town Hall Politician. There is a lifetime of Lan Dem Politics behind her and you all denied it.

Its the planned deceit - the planned misinformation about her agenda and her heritage. Its all about "Party Control and Money"

You Sir are the prime example of the Patronage/Nepotism that has ruled Lancaster for far too long.

So, In closing - I hope that helps clear up some of the misinformation or perceptions your trying to create about my positions.

Have a great patronage tax funded day PAL
    You are so WRONG here, and on so many levels, and your statement glares hypocrite since you give a glaring example (Senator Gallivan) a pass. Let the chips fall where they fall, 4248, in your crusade about pensions and elected officials, and have all of them equally affected. No special deals for your pals, as your new policy opinion demonstrates.

Special Deals for 4248 Supported Politicians!!! - SHAME!

How can anyone take anything you write seriously after such a glaring special deal for Senator Gallivan?

And once more: I do not know Supervisor Coleman and never have met the woman.

And once more: I had nothing to do with this woman using her given name in her campaign. Where the heck did that come from?

And once more: I never once had anything to do with any patronage in Lancaster. But isn't that how you paint anyone who sticks up for the DEMS? YES, it's your way of trying to make them go away.

And once more: I never hid anything about her pension situation during the campaign last year, sure I supported her on here, but that's it. Since I do not know this woman (or the other candidates) how the heck would I know she was going to collect a pension if she won????? You are trying to put words into my mouth like you have a reputation of doing to other posters who support those you perceive as your sworn enemies.

Basically, as I said many times, I feel (still feel) that your unfair attacks on her and the other Democrats are what influenced me to write in support of her and her running mates. Actually, I believe your incoherent attacks actually helped her/them win. I guess it was a sorry summer/fall for ya, as all your supported candidates lost, some by wide margins, too. LOL

Of course now you continue to attack this woman and at the same time give Gallivan a nice big fat PASS. Typical 4248 hypocrisy.

And once more: I never described her as a "newcomer to politics" as you state, just more misleading ranting on your part, 4248. Show me the posts?????

Personally I could care less about any of these pension matters and politicians, but pointing out your deceit here is important because not only does it put you in your place, it also shows that you are nothing more than a jaded politician who talks out of both sides of his mouth. It's simply deceitful and corrupt going after one politician and letting another breeze by. It's laughable in a way.

Yes, I kicked your sorry butt on here all summer, fall and winter about the state of government in Lancaster. And others have helped, as well. That part was easy. You are also used to losing so maybe that could afford you some measure of comfort, even though it was your own words and tone that turned so many people on/off.

Regardless, your posture here on the pension system is downright odd, giving a pass to someone who milks the system for many years and attacking someone who probably hasn't even received her first pension check. Hmmmmm.

It's this pass of yours, the 4248 Loophole, that demonstrates that you are just as corrupt as you imply others to be.

Mr. Twister

Mr. Twister
    I think what bothers you the most is that someone like myself, who knows none of these Democrats (other than my neighbor who is a DEM committeeman as I stated before) but regardless, I sign up on here to defend them, and they actually use some of my posts in their mailers, and they win it all, just drives you nuts.

It was fun for me!

Gotta say that: FUN, FUN, FUN!

Sure it changed the government, and all. LOL

And everything you wrote, all the hours (heck, all the typos, LOL) was for NOTHING!!!!

Nada!!

Too much smoke dude -

Here is my stand on this and I posted it many times:

---------------------------------

I supported no candidate in the last election cycle - I contributed no money or assistance to any candidate or committee. I am not running for any office - nor have I or my family ever sought or received a patronage position.

I comment and present views, opinion and fact. I do believe and so do many others - there is definite Political/Family collusion in Lancaster between the Lan Dem Party and every tax funded Department in Lancaster.

There is a concrete/historical connection between a handful of Lancaster Families and hiring of tax funded employees. This connection has lead to three generations of tax funded patronage and nepotism dominating our Town. For some families it can be equated to a Political Welfare system -

When their past and future depends mainly on tax funded jobs/positions - their benefits and pension are dependent on tax funded entitlements. Its more a Political Welfare System than "Public Service".

Yes, your "People won" - you can lie about who you are - you can lie about your connections to the Lan Dem Party and even your own Family - I guess for you that equals FUN FUN FUN

As side from some of the crad you posted and encouraged others to post - 2015 was a great year for my whole family - Thanks PAL Whats exchanged here for me - unlike you - doesn't affect my private life one bit. There is no daily activity in my life that people like you affect. After I leave this page - I compare you to when I flush - its gone !

Thread Information