Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sparks fly on Lancaster School Board over community updates

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Have any of the people commenting or reading these comments seen the actions of Dr.Valley , Graber, and president Utheg at the meetings ? They text , use their phones , and pass notes like infatuated teens . This goes on during the whole meeting and even when the people who passed the pre approval public speaking time. Gorja the tread was removed because ABC complained of the facts posted. Trust but verify .
    Why do you call out Mr Vallely(spelled correctly), Mr Graber and Mr Uhteg(spelled correctly)? You seem to overlook the obvious texting of our newest BOE members, who continuously are firing off messages to each other, and most probably to members of the audience.

As Warrior continues to post, accountability should be consistent for all.

Have any of the people commenting or reading these comments seen the actions of Dr.Valley , Graber, and president Utheg at the meetings ? They text , use their phones , and pass notes like infatuated teens . This goes on during the whole meeting and even when the people who passed the pre approval public speaking time. Gorja the tread was removed because ABC complained of the facts posted. Trust but verify .
    Have any of the people commenting or reading these comments seen the actions of Dr.Valley , Graber, and president Utheg at the meetings ? They text , use their phones , and pass notes like infatuated teens . This goes on during the whole meeting and even when the people who passed the pre approval public speaking time.
    In truth Greg, with the exception of Depczynski I seen them all texting or looking at their phones during the meeting and that is unacceptable. The same is done at the town board meetings.

Gorja the tread was removed because ABC complained of the facts posted. Trust but verify .
    That wasn’t true, was it? Now that we really know why the District Employees thread was pulled I will post what I did on that thread and with additional questions and comments.

While you and a few other others continue to post negative comments to discredit the School District superintendent, the board members who voted approval for the Redskin name, the Director of Communications and whoever disagrees with your or your supporters’ positions for the purpose of taking over the BOE and getting Vallely fired, others are more interested in what your agenda will be to improve the district – re educational achievement while reining in spending. So, what do any personal attacks have to do with the issues that impact district operations and achievement?

Some of the information you have provided appears to be privileged information that should have been kept within the confines of Executive Meetings and therefore beyond research or challenge.

You say to trust but verify and I agree with 100% I trust you when you say you attended the recent budget work session, but I am unable to verify that you did attend as I did not see you there nor did three other individuals who attended the meeting.

In your recent post you state:
    The thread that was deleted was a screen shot of the school district communications director operating ( on the clock )her personal Facebook comments while at the budget meeting stating she wished she was anywhere but there. In the past I have read comments and facts on supervisors , town employees , town and village hirings that was not deleted. But the times are a changing. Maybe a safe room if you do not like facts or have hurt feelings ?
    Since the budget work session was not being recorded by the Communications Director can you tell me what she should have been doing when the budget meeting was in session – as she has no input in the budget hearings?

I guess I have just had it with the personal attacks and negativity and where issues that impact the district are not focused on – just like what happened in the recent town elections. Perhaps you seen it work in town and will take the same low road here.

I on the other hand focus on the academic achievements the district has gained in the past several years and to justify the spending taking place to come up with a product that justifies such spending. I find the personal attacks unwarranted and counterproductive and one that gives the town a bad image; achievements such as:

• The graduation rate has increased from 80% to 99.74% within the past 10 years
    • Outstanding proficiency gains – three more AP courses added
    • No student drop outs
    • No cuts in programs or staffing expected again – despite a big spike in employee wages and benefits
    • A thriving STEM program
    • Improvements in technology and communications
    • Ranked 6th in Business First while being recognized as the most cost-effective school district in WNY and having one of the highest student-to-administrator ratios.

I am more interested in hearing your strategy to make LCSD an even better school district?

BTW – Mowry is gone and Graber is not running this year; kind of narrows down the field of opportunity to redirect from real district operating issues.

The thread that was deleted was a screen shot of the school district communications director operating ( on the clock )her personal Facebook comments while at the budget meeting stating she wished she was anywhere but there. In the past I have read comments and facts on supervisors , town employees , town and village hirings that was not deleted. But the times are a changing. Maybe a safe room if you do not like facts or have hurt feelings ?
    I'm on your side on this one. If she posted it, she owns it. It was factual.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information