Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Town welcomes new board members....

Why are there no comments in the town board meeting minutes?

Before I pass quick judgement on this....Did anyone attend? Should I assume No one in the room made a single comment?
    http://cheektowagatownny.iqm2.com/ci...26&Inline=True

So you can give her the benefit of the doubt and say she meant "a one time savings of $20,000.00 tax dollars".

Now some believe if it wasn't caught - or if it was let's say, Lancaster they would have used it in their campaign literature next time. It would read something like this, "Lancaster Supervisor saved taxpayer $20,000.00 a year in her first term."

Then again others would say - they won't reduce the number of Town owned/tax supported vehicles - so where's the savings. Shell game !

We can't assume Politicians are all alike - now can we ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I agree with 4248 on some of this.

Our town has to start going through labor contracts and create real savings. No grand fathering.

I would like to know now much we can save if we move all town employees over to a health insurance exchange.

1 vehicle or savings on a ream of paper at board meetings won't reflect on our property taxes.

Saying something like "It's a start" doesn't carry any weight if it's the "only" accomplishment.

Another item. Our school taxes are some of the highest. Why can't we replace the education service provider with one that runs just as well for less money?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Diane's press release.

I see that the news paper misquoted what was said. By not replacing Mary's car I could see that being a 1 shot $20k savings. The bee needs to proof and confirm information before printing.
    Thanks, Now, I see it. She just said $20,000 savings with the Bee stating $20,000 per year savings.

Georgia L Schlager

So the Supervisor is saving $20K....what is the cost to the taxpayer's for gutting and remodeling the Supervisor's office and restroom?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why is it being remodeled? When was the last time it was remodeled?

Is it just being repainted? That's really not being remodeled.

Are 20 year old carpets being replaced? If so maybe it's time.

You know you can get deals on carpets and paint isn't terribly expensive.

I'm assuming you are part of the Frank Max social club. Be honest.. are you?

Why is it being remodeled? When was the last time it was remodeled?

Is it just being repainted? That's really not being remodeled.

Are 20 year old carpets being replaced? If so maybe it's time.

You know you can get deals on carpets and paint isn't terribly expensive.

I'm assuming you are part of the Frank Max social club. Be honest.. are you?
    Tony, I have to ask. Why would you assume that a taxpayer questioning remodeling costs would have to part of the Frank Max social club?

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Because the very first post of the poster is :

"So the Supervisor is saving $20K....what is the cost to the taxpayer's for gutting and remodeling the Supervisor's office and restroom? "

It's aimed at Diane referring to the 20k saved over time by not having to pay for a town car.

I would like to see Diane push though a resolution that no party officer from ANY POLITICAL PARTY can work for us. I don't care if Diane and crew are friends of Mark who currently is a Highway Supervisor and the Cheektowaga Party Chairman. The "anti-Frank" side of things. This side of they group wasn't happy about Frank working for the town because of conflicts of interest but now that Mark is in Frank's spot in the social club they are fine with it. I call BS on that.

Honestly though carpets and paint is basic maintenance.

Because the very first post of the poster is :

"So the Supervisor is saving $20K....what is the cost to the taxpayer's for gutting and remodeling the Supervisor's office and restroom? "

It's aimed at Diane referring to the 20k saved over time by not having to pay for a town car.

I would like to see Diane push though a resolution that no party officer from ANY POLITICAL PARTY can work for us. I don't care if Diane and crew are friends of Mark who currently is a Highway Supervisor and the Cheektowaga Party Chairman. The "anti-Frank" side of things. This side of they group wasn't happy about Frank working for the town because of conflicts of interest but now that Mark is in Frank's spot in the social club they are fine with it. I call BS on that.

Yep, same old, same old. Same *****; different day.

Honestly though carpets and paint is basic maintenance.
    If carpet and paint is all that it is, you're right that it's just maintenance.

Georgia L Schlager

I agree with 4248 on some of this.

Our town has to start going through labor contracts and create real savings. No grand fathering.

I would like to know now much we can save if we move all town employees over to a health insurance exchange.

1 vehicle or savings on a ream of paper at board meetings won't reflect on our property taxes.

Saying something like "It's a start" doesn't carry any weight if it's the "only" accomplishment.

Another item. Our school taxes are some of the highest. Why can't we replace the education service provider with one that runs just as well for less money?
    res never happen when it comes to contracts and health care as long as the town has a PD. health insurance exchange that would never happen nor happen with any town or village.
    The cops just lost their arbitration case with the town on HC and now have to start paying into their plan which is a plus for taxpayers but not for the pissed off cops.

So now the town is wasting thousands of taxpayer dollars on a new GPS system for all town cars trucks etc. not long ago they spent thousands on a system now they need a new system. more political BS and wasting town money .

As for fish fry dept. from what packers tell me inside the highway dept. both fish fry and his second in command (cart pusher) crying about money and the use of road salt and no money for parts to fix trucks. do you know how much money is being saved this winter. fuel costs are way down for all these towns... which is a big savings. salt they haven't used half of what they used last year, use of trucks and OT is down this winter. So will the savings come back to the taxpayers next year?
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information