Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who's going where and how much will it cost

I understand what you're saying in this post but what pray tell does that have to do with the Lancaster democrats?
    You posted that they're approving an expansion to the YMCA to get jobs for family and friends. I don't get the connection???

Am I getting in dense in my old age?

Georgia L Schlager

Its shouldn't be that hard to see the progression - as it grows it needs staff for every program !

What I said was - it will be interesting to see who they plug in as it grows ! Some might not remember but the Town Board has discussed their interests in YMCA expansion in the past. I didn't say its coming tomorrow - I said a little birdie told me he/she heard they are working on a "preliminary partnership idea"

As they did with the Boys and Girls Club - it was supposed to be privately funded. Then the Town started "helping them out" with tax funded contributions. Then we found certain politicians were "Advisers" and actually received paid healthcare. When they claimed they were just helping out.

Now if you look at how this could go - they will need to plug in more and more employees as they grow. Same "Game" new front !

As their future job prospects for "Party Players" grow - their campaign literature will read about how they did it for the "Community" (all while creating positions for the next gen "Sons/Daughters of Patronage" and another pocket of devoted voters)

Same Game, another day !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I do hope the Dems appoint an attorney other than Dudziak and a law firm other than Hodgson Russ
    In this week's agenda, there is a resolution to retain the Phillips Lytle firm for legal service regarding an employee. Maybe, that's a sign that Hodgson Russ's Swiatek is getting the boot?

Georgia L Schlager

Your guess is probably spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Its shouldn't be that hard to see the progression - as it grows it needs staff for every program !

What I said was - it will be interesting to see who they plug in as it grows ! Some might not remember but the Town Board has discussed their interests in YMCA expansion in the past. I didn't say its coming tomorrow - I said a little birdie told me he/she heard they are working on a "preliminary partnership idea"

As they did with the Boys and Girls Club - it was supposed to be privately funded. Then the Town started "helping them out" with tax funded contributions. Then we found certain politicians were "Advisers" and actually received paid healthcare. When they claimed they were just helping out.

Now if you look at how this could go - they will need to plug in more and more employees as they grow. Same "Game" new front !

As their future job prospects for "Party Players" grow - their campaign literature will read about how they did it for the "Community" (all while creating positions for the next gen "Sons/Daughters of Patronage" and another pocket of devoted voters)

Same Game, another day !
    Lancaster YMCA eyes Maryvale for summer camp expansion
    By John J. Hopkins

Suburban Correspondent

on March 1, 2016 - 9:26 AM, updated March 1, 2016 at 5:18 PM

The Lancaster YMCA wants to enhance its presence with summer camp offerings at Maryvale.

High School Principal Thomas B. Stack said discussions with YMCA officials began informally last summer, with serious dialogue starting in November.

Noting that the school district focuses on “community partnerships,” Stack pointed to its strong bond with the YMCA as his basis for recommending the inclusion of a summer program. The YMCA already operates Maryvale’s after-school program.

The YMCA offers 51 different camp programs, such as young explorers, traditional day camp, sports camp and more, said Allison A. Lawson, executive director of the Lancaster YMCA. For the coming summer, the YMCA plans to provide 17,000 weeks of camp to children throughout Western New York, Lawson said. That figure includes summer camp for 1,800 campers per week at 17 locations.

Stack said the goal this summer is to provide a camp for 50 Maryvale students between the ages of 5 and 15; Lawson said the program would be a traditional day camp.

“We would have a leader-in-training program and a counselor-in-training program,” Lawson said. “The children who participate typically move up to our staff, when they get old enough to work for the Y.”

One such person who moved up through the program is Caitlin M. Evans, who started at age 16 as a junior counselor and is currently a program director for the Lancaster YMCA.

Evans said the programs operated by the YMCA are intended to enrich children and offer them productive choices.

Programs are designed to encourage children to interact with others and providing opportunities to reflect on what they’ve learned, who they’ve met, the adventures they’ve had and activities they’re looking forward to. The camps are a week in duration, and children may attend one camp or several.

“One thing that we make sure to focus on at our day camp is offering children an experience that they would not have otherwise,” Evans said.

Lawson said the YMCA’s goal is to offer a fun program that provides every camper a sense of belonging. She added that based on their experience, most of the children who would participate in a summer camp are mostly those who already participate in Maryvale’s after-school programs.

About 60 families are registered for the after-school program at Maryvale Primary School, with between 40 and 50 children attending on any given day.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...nsion-20160301

Georgia L Schlager

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information