Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEFIANT AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE Citing religious beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Personally, I hope she gets some jail time for this.

Good news! She is in jail.

What I don't understand is news outlets are saying the only way should be releases is to issue licenses....what if she were to resign?

I wish they would kick all religion out of government....including some low life 'preachers' in Buffalo.

Forcing her to resign an elected position to escape jail (and you know that is how it would spun) is an unattractive way to resolve this dispute. Trolling the interwebs today, half the comments are about the "government jailing Christians."

b.b.

Mr. Reynolds, 36, had a patch on his leather vest signaling his service in Afghanistan, as well as a Confederate flag patch. His ball cap proclaimed his love for Jesus.

He said that the Rapture would soon be upon everyone, and that gay people would be banished to hell “if they don’t repent of their ways before the end.”
    Just because a person served our country in war doesn't mean they are not suffering from insanity.

Hopefully the VA hospitals in his area can provide him the mental health services he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Forcing her to resign an elected position to escape jail (and you know that is how it would spun) is an unattractive way to resolve this dispute. Trolling the interwebs today, half the comments are about the "government jailing Christians."

b.b.
    You can't be this stupid. Nobody is forcing her to resign. She was given a choice, either do your job or resign. She has the option TO DO HER JOB. If she refused to do that, not only is it obstruction and contempt of the court but also IMHO theft by collecting a paycheck.

Imagine a county health commissioner who refused to do what was necessary to distribute flue vaccines because her religious beliefs didn't allow her to participate in vaccines. Should she be allowed to keep her job? absolutely not.

It's one thing to make an accommodation for religious beliefs for public and private employees for holidays and dress codes, and even beards. But denying civil rights or refusing to do a task involving health and well being should be a crime punishable by termination of employment at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You can't be this stupid. Nobody is forcing her to resign. She was given a choice, either do your job or resign. She has the option TO DO HER JOB. If she refused to do that, not only is it obstruction and contempt of the court but also IMHO theft by collecting a paycheck.
    You are such a douchebag. She has two options, actually three. Issue the licenses, don't issue the licenses or let her deputies do it. That's it. You put resignation on the table as an option for her it's gets spun as her being forced to quit. As pointed out above, the right is already calling this criminalization of Christians.

She still gets paid since I think there is more to her duties then signing marriage license applications. Nice rhetoric, but the dog don't hunt.

b.b.

Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information