Thread: Drunken night in jail after July arrest in Buffalo party district

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Drunken night in jail after July arrest in Buffalo party district

Cuomo aide, former assemblyman Karim Camara spent allegedly drunken night in jail after July arrest in Buffalo party district

ALBANY — A former state assemblyman from Brooklyn who is now an aide to Gov. Cuomo spent a night behind bars last month after a late-night arrest in Buffalo's party district, the Daily News has learned.

Karim Camara, a pastor who heads Cuomo's new Office of Faith-Based Development Services, was arrested at 1:35 a.m. July 11 and charged with misdemeanor trespassing and a disorderly conduct violation after police said he became belligerent at Jim's Steakout sub shop.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2342019

Karim Camara, a pastor who heads Cuomo's new Office of Faith-Based Development Services, was arrested at 1:35 a.m. July 11 and charged with misdemeanor trespassing and a disorderly conduct violation after police said he became belligerent at Jim's Steakout sub shop.
    I would have assumed a pastor would lead a clean life and set an example for others to follow.

Bolstering community and faith-based organizations in providing services to those in need.

Faith-based organizations offer the potential to be sources of housing assistance and community development for the State’s highest poverty areas. Created in 2015, the Governor’s Office of Faith-Based Community Development Services builds upon Governor Cuomo’s commitment to support nonprofits and better serve communities across the State.
    It almost seems these programs are created to promote the "person in office".

"The Governor's Office of Faith-Based Community Development Services"

I'm not saying it is a bad program.

Grant Application Assistance

The Office assists faith-based organizations in applying for grants from state agencies.
    So they work to give as much tax payer money away...

Community Outreach

We're creating a network of faith-based organizations to better coordinate efforts, build coalitions and develop effective partnerships.
    Or are they working to keep the Cuomo name in front of these organizations?

Capacity Building

We provide informational resources for faith-based organizations to build their capacity in order to provide effective services, improve performance and increase sustainability.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I would have assumed a pastor would lead a clean life and set an example for others to follow.
    Why would you assume this? The opposite of this is more likely to happen.

Most 'Pastors' and non-profit EDs are just people who don't want to pay taxes and use the notion of 'doing good' to avoid doing so.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder how a 6 figure salary was justified for this position.

Because Hennessy ain't cheap.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Why would you assume that a person whose profession is selling imaginary supernatural beings is above the rest of the fray of society?

Every profession is going to have morally corrupt individuals in its ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Pretty cheap payment for the minority votes that came with his hiring.....

Thread Information