Thread: Highway Boss may have Union issues ?

Lightbulb Highway Boss may have Union issues ?

A communication was made public where Lancaster Highway Boss D. Amatura wants to use inmates as Parks workers.

While I agree with many others who say, "Kudos" for thinking outside the tax funded box !

It shows he atleast can look past the tax and spend actions of the usual Party Player.

But, what will the Unions say about this use of labor - ?

Not sure if the Parks or Highway guys are all Union or not - but we will find out !

I for one believe and have advocated combining the Parks and Highway Department.

Yes, this would or could create another "Political Kingdom" inside Lancaster's other "Political Kingdom" - but to improve service and save tax dollars - it could be worth taking the chance. The extent of which would be up to the integrity of who's the Superintendent !

What do you think ?
    Last edited by 4248; August 29th, 2015 at 11:59 AM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I have to tell you, I stand with Mr.Amatura on this matter and hope he carries threw. It's a great idea.

While involved volunteering in our community for many years ,we were never allowed to rake , push water off, or chalk lines at walden ponds due to union rules . The parks department was very good to us , but those were the rules . I think it is a great idea but my experience says it will never happen in this day and age .

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    While involved volunteering in our community for many years ,we were never allowed to rake , push water off, or chalk lines at walden ponds due to union rules . The parks department was very good to us , but those were the rules . I think it is a great idea but my experience says it will never happen in this day and age .
    Isn't that sad. People want to help or prisoners are put to work and the unions won't allow it. I, also feel the able bodied welfare workers should be working off their entitlement benefits.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    A communication was made public where Lancaster Highway Boss D. Amatura wants to use inmates as Parks workers.

While I agree with many others who say, "Kudos" for thinking outside the tax funded box !

It shows he atleast can look past the tax and spend actions of the usual Party Player.

But, what will the Unions say about this use of labor - ?

Not sure if the Parks or Highway guys are all Union or not - but we will find out !

I for one believe and have advocated combining the Parks and Highway Department.

Yes, this would or could create another "Political Kingdom" inside Lancaster's other "Political Kingdom" - but to improve service and save tax dollars - it could be worth taking the chance. The extent of which would be up to the integrity of who's the Superintendent !

What do you think ?
    You betcha the union will bitch. It will be interesting to see how a DEM controlled board will act on the matter as the DEMS have always supported their unionized base by giving them generous contracts in lieu of return support at the polls.

However, it is an election year and considering Highway Super Amatura. Parks and Rec. Super, and Supervisor Fudoli are all on board in approving this agreement, the DEMS are boxed in.

At this moment the REPS are in a strong position to get three of their own elected to the town board. Residents want the status quo gone. The only way change will come is with a REP controlled town board – Fudoli, Sugg and Brainard.

Perhaps the REPS should think about sucking up to the town employees and grill some hot dogs. Every vote counts.

Lan Dem Employees are not allowed to be seen at Republican events - even if the Hamburg's were free - they'd be scared of retribution - that's not sarcasm - its sadly fact !

When Giza was campaigning for reelection he used to hand deliver Town Employees pay checks ! - It never hurts to remind them who they work for ! How low can you go ?

Now that's an eye opener

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Lan Dem Employees are not allowed to be seen at Republican events - even if the Hamburg's were free - they'd be scared of retribution - that's not sarcasm - its sadly fact !

When Giza was campaigning for reelection he used to hand deliver Town Employees pay checks ! - It never hurts to remind them who they work for ! How low can you go ?
    So true, and more recently when former Town Clerk Robert Thill (Democrat) was not reappointed to the Zoning Board of Appeals this past year by the Dem controlled town board because he dared to support a Republican in the previous year's election.

According to Lan Dem Controlling Members protocol - Mr. Thill should have known better !
    _________

When you have supported the "Live by the Sword" game - well - you die by the sword, stated past Town Attorney Dick Sherwood !

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    So true, and more recently when former Town Clerk Robert Thill (Democrat) was not reappointed to the Zoning Board of Appeals this past year by the Dem controlled town board because he dared to support a Republican in the previous year's election.
    I was so surprised about Mr Thill's political donations after the Democrats did not reappoint him for the zoning board.

Coleman - $250 - 7/9/2015
    Terranova - $150 - 7/29/2015
    Fudoli- $99 - 3/24/2015
    Sugg - $40 - 5/12/2015

Georgia L Schlager

[QUOTE=gorja;1569448]I was so surprised about Mr Thill's political donations after the Democrats did not reappoint him for the zoning board.

- Town Clerk Johana Coleman - $250 - 7/9/2015 - Past student and benefactor of his office skills.

- Mrs Terranova (Candidate for Town Clerk) - $150 - 7/29/2015 - Possible new Town Clerk who will undoubtedly need his remote computer aided assistance as Johana did.

- Supervisor Fudoli- $99 - 3/24/2015 - Just in case he's reelected -

- Town Board candidate Sugg - $40 - 5/12/2015 - Just in case he wins -

What so hard or puzzling about those contributions ?
    - Politics.
    - He already jumped the fence - why not soften the landing ?

Originally posted by 4248:
    - He already jumped the fence - why not soften the landing ?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Sad! It's political posturing and analogous to "once a Democrat always a Democrat."

Thread Information