Thread: Main Street paving

Main Street paving

I'd be interested in knowing what year or decade the city of Buffalo plans on paving Main Street from Delevan to Tupper. The street is a mess and looks and feels as if it's been patched and repatched dozens of times. I can only imagine the damage it is doing to vehicles.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Doesn't the city have a basic maintenance (replacement) program to keep up with road wear?

Quote Originally Posted by danmn405 View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing what year or decade the city of Buffalo plans on paving Main Street from Delevan to Tupper. ...
    The last block from pearl to tupper was repaved and redesigned just a couple years ago. Just north of that gets into the medical corridor and I'm betting that the city is waiting for building construction to be completed before repaving the streets (Bosch Bldg, UB Medical, Allen Metro stop, Conventus)... BUT the long section from North St to Delavan has no reason to wait. Not sure what the deal is there.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    The last block from pearl to tupper was repaved and redesigned just a couple years ago.
    That's right, I meant Delevan to Pearl then. That's still about 25 blocks or so. And the one block in front of the construction area I was told will receive "spot repairs." That is by far the worst block, but it's still only one block, and the entire 25 or so blocks are far beyond the point of repair. They've been repaired so many times that the repairs are worse than the damage. There are patches higher than the rest of the road, other parts dipped low, speed bumps, you name it. The entire section needs repaving. And I've been checking on and off for two years on the 311 site...they are waiting for funding to become available.

Thread Information