Thread: Moses shuts down Art Voice - YEA !!!!!!!!

Red face Moses shuts down Art Voice - YEA !!!!!!!!

It was announced the rag/paper Art Voice would be shutting down - the owner says - "It will be temporary"

The owner admits the paper is floundering - they are losing money and subscribers. They have sold adds they cant deliver - their sales people are selling Christmas space when they cant even get enough subscribers to keep them going now !

Then, as many know their hard core "Protect Dems " at all cost writers/word processors like Pundit/Bendakle whatever name he uses.
    You know the guy who maligns people then bans anyone who doesn't agree with him. Then they wounder why people don't want to actually read/buy their paper. There is no balance to its content - just our way or get lost - OH - guess what subscribers got lost

The only thing I like about that paper is the artwork - who ever does it is a true artist !

Any way - I hope they shed the dead beat Dem Party Cheerleader and do some sole searching before they attempt a come back - if not they'll close again - maybe for ever
    Last edited by 4248; August 2nd, 2015 at 10:12 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    It was announced the rag/paper Art Voice would be shutting down - the owner says - "It will be temporary"

The owner admits the paper is floundering - they are losing money and subscribers. They have sold adds they cant deliver - their sales people are selling Christmas space when they cant even get enough subscribers to keep them going now !

Then, as many know their hard core "Protect Dems " at all cost writers/word processors like Pundit/Bendakle whatever name he uses.
    You know the guy who maligns people then bans anyone who doesn't agree with him. Then they wounder why people don't want to actually read/buy their paper. There is no balance to its content - just our way or get lost - OH - guess what subscribers got lost

The only thing I like about that paper is the artwork - who ever does it is a true artist !

Any way - I hope they shed the dead beat Dem Party Cheerleader and do some sole searching before they attempt a come back - if not they'll close again - maybe for ever

First, Alan left Art Voice to go write for the Public. Along with most of the staff over 9 months ago. This is why Art Voice is shutting down.

Second, you seem to be shocked that a city that is considered a perennial top 10 liberal city....wait for it....has a liberal weekly. Are you really that stupid?

Third, the banning that Alan does on his personal blog.....wait for it....is done on his personal blog. If you have such a strong desire to engage on that platform, have you offered to pay for his hosting or other related costs? If not, it's a personal site. Feel free to start your own and see if people can get past your 3rd grade grammar and spelling. You would be free to ban anyone who you do not like as well.

I don't agree with much of what Alan says and have issues with his limited perspective on things but he does engage others on sites like Speakup/BRO where he does not control the comments. I am also a supporter of publishers rights.

Lastly, if you're shocked that in a city that leans so left has multiple voices that supports those views...your grammar is not your biggest issue.

Smile

I am not "shocked" they are having trouble - I am shocked they had him writing for them and that they lasted for so long.

I don't care about the labels like Libs/Left/right and so on there irrelevant to me and many others. Its all part of the separation game !

As far as my grammar/spellin/or what ever - I speak plain and as a working person can easily understand. No trick words or double edged hidden swords - so if you cant understand it - don't read it !

Freedom of the press is one thing - but when a nasty intrusive Party Fed Idiot writes trash - then blocks others from responding - thats not journalism/reporting or what ever you want to call it. He should wear a black hood !

He's a Party tool who helps assassinate people for Political agendas - he has no respect for a persons private life - he hides behind the law that protects these rags.

If he has to pay to have his stuff on the net - that no surprise !

He complains he cant earn a living wage writing his crad - Thank God !

So in closing - I support business, just not this ones choice of content -

I could care less if my gramner or spellin doent meet your standards - I taint wurried much about what yu think and you got the message anyway didint you ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Never wish bad on any business. Shows how little class people have.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    First, Alan left Art Voice to go write for the Public. Along with most of the staff over 9 months ago. This is why Art Voice is shutting down.

Second, you seem to be shocked that a city that is considered a perennial top 10 liberal city....wait for it....has a liberal weekly. Are you really that stupid?

Third, the banning that Alan does on his personal blog.....wait for it....is done on his personal blog. If you have such a strong desire to engage on that platform, have you offered to pay for his hosting or other related costs? If not, it's a personal site. Feel free to start your own and see if people can get past your 3rd grade grammar and spelling. You would be free to ban anyone who you do not like as well.

I don't agree with much of what Alan says and have issues with his limited perspective on things but he does engage others on sites like Speakup/BRO where he does not control the comments. I am also a supporter of publishers rights.

Lastly, if you're shocked that in a city that leans so left has multiple voices that supports those views...your grammar is not your biggest issue.
    Thank you. I appreciate this.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

I banned you for making off-topic, ad hominem remarks towards me and others. You deserved it. Yet you're still whining about it like a 3 year old who didn't get invited to a birthday party.

No one ever bought Artvoice because it has always been free. Incidentally, so are the blogs. So much whining over a free service!

I haven't written for Artvoice since November 2014.

I am not "shocked" they are having trouble - I am shocked they had him writing for them and that they lasted for so long.
    My writing attracted even the likes of you. You saw ads pushed to your browser.

Freedom of the press is one thing - but when a nasty intrusive Party Fed Idiot writes trash - then blocks others from responding - thats not journalism/reporting or what ever you want to call it. He should wear a black hood !
    Right. Nasty because I challenged, then banned you. Intrusive because I found out your real identity and outed you as a litigious former Democratic Party hack.

He's a Party tool who helps assassinate people for Political agendas - he has no respect for a persons private life - he hides behind the law that protects these rags.
    Whom have I "assassinated"?

If he has to pay to have his stuff on the net - that no surprise !
    Dummy.

He complains he cant earn a living wage writing his crad - Thank God !
    Where did I so complain?

So in closing - I support business, just not this ones choice of content -

I could care less if my gramner or spellin doent meet your standards - I taint wurried much about what yu think and you got the message anyway didint you ?
    I wish Jamie and Artvoice the best.

While people focus on the left wing slant the political articles had in Artvoice, which were minute segment of the paper, the rest of us appreciated the local focus on the Arts, music, happenings, businesses, etc, which was the bulk of Artvoice.

It's ridiculous that some people were so offended by the smallest part of the paper. I hope it finds a way to survive. It's a Buffalo institution
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    While people focus on the left wing slant the political articles had in Artvoice, which were minute segment of the paper, the rest of us appreciated the local focus on the Arts, music, happenings, businesses, etc, which was the bulk of Artvoice.

It's ridiculous that some people were so offended by the smallest part of the paper. I hope it finds a way to survive. It's a Buffalo institution
    They should have never gone in that direction if that actually is the cause. Just as they have every right to publish what they want, there are repercussions for that decision.

That said, I don't think that is the primary cause. I think they are a print in the digital age. Artvoice.com is not even responsive and that's really bad these days. No doubt that has hurt the bottom line as the site provides a horrible experience for mobile users.

The site mentions some retooling...and it would be wise on their end to migrate to a new responsive framework but I am not sure it will happen. They have over 120K indexed pages and migrating that is a massive task...unless it's already underway. It's also expensive and it sounds like they are having money issues. Another sign of technical ineptitude is they claim to have 250k readers (lulzy) but only ~30K followers on twitter. By comparison BuffaloRising has 43k thousand. Art Voice also links on their site to a YouTube channel that does not exist. Odds are they have people in house that are not with the times or have the skills needed or they work with a local web shop stuck in the 90s. Sadly, too many businesses in Buffalo work with 3rd rate shops.

Not to say Buffalo Rising is any better. Hell, their twitter profile has been hacked and the site link on the left rail links to an online pharma spam site. That said, Newell knows how to sell ads.

Thread Information