Thread: Cincinnati Cop Kills Motorist

Cincinnati Cop Kills Motorist

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e86_1438225419

This is a crazy one. The victim was arrested 70 times prior. His relatives say he had anywhere between 13-20 children (one said she lost count).
    I was surprised at how patient the cop was prior to shooting the victim in the head.

The victim was a societal leech. Too bad he wasn't dispatched prior to fathering 13-20 kids and prior to 70 arrests. How in the hell are you still on the street after 70 arrests?
    The cop was wrong, and will go to jail, but he most likely did us a favor. I doubt the settlement will cost more than supporting however many more kids for life that this guy would have, plus all the costs associated with his future arrests.

Scumbag tried to run the cop over. Why does the media feel the need to make us feel guilty about these pieces of garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post

This is a crazy one. The victim was arrested 70 times prior. His relatives say he had anywhere between 13-20 children (one said she lost count).
    I was surprised at how patient the cop was prior to shooting the victim in the head.

The victim was a societal leech. Too bad he wasn't dispatched prior to fathering 13-20 kids and prior to 70 arrests. How in the hell are you still on the street after 70 arrests?
    The cop was wrong, and will go to jail, but he most likely did us a favor. I doubt the settlement will cost more than supporting however many more kids for life that this guy would have, plus all the costs associated with his future arrests.
    Another pillar of society gone....

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post

None of the history of the person shot should matter at all. The reason is none of this was known to the officer at the time.

The person I have the biggest problem with this is DA Joe Deters. Here are some of his comments:

Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters contends Tensing “purposely killed” 43-year-old Samuel DuBose after pulling him over for a “chicken crap” traffic infraction.

Are you f*cking serious?

First, stopping people for traffic infractions is a part of the job. The car was without a tag and that's against the law. We have laws for a reason.

Second, if you watch the video unfold I have zero issue at all with Dubose being shot. Zero. Zilch. Nada. This has nothing to do with the number of arrests he had prior or the number of kids he has. It has 100% to do with what transpired at this stop.

First, upon first approaching the car and speaking to DuBose, Tensing sees a bottle of Gin and DuBose hands it over. Now I am not sure about others but I don't drive with a 1/5 of Gin in the car.

This takes the stop from a minor infraction to a possible DUI.

Second, Tensing asks for a license at 2:07 in the video. For over a minute Tensing asks 5 different times for a license. and DuBose fails to produce one. Driving without a license is agains the law. Driving without a license and a 1/5 of Gin is really against the law. It should be noted that halfway through this engagment you can see Tensing go from showing two hands in speaking to just one. He obviously has his right hand on his gun.

At 3:10 he asks DuBose to take off his seat belt and puts his hand on the car door to open.

At 3:15, DURING A STOP, DuBose starts the car and starts to drive away.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART.

Yes, DuBose is shot in the head but that is not f*cking murder. You can't see to confirm from the video but it seems as if DuBose reaches to the right side of the car. This could be either to get away from the reach of Tensing or to grab a gun.

The gun goes off and DuBose is killed.

At the end of the day, this was not murder. At the day, DuBose is dead because of his own actions. PERIOD.

This is tragic but not for the reasons that many want it to be. It's tragic because sh*t like this happens all of the time and many have zero regard for the law.

Just look at what happened in Memphis. A cop was killed over a basic stop on a car that was parked illegally. This what this a**hole of a DA does not get. You never know what the most basic stop will end up as.

Which leads me to the second comment from the DA. "He wasn't dealing with someone who was wanted for murder," the prosecutor said. "He was dealing with someone who didn't have a front license plate."

This jack ass wants to use hindsight. This jackass is making these comments from the comfort of his office rather than on the streets.

The fact that DuBose felt like he could/should do what he did and the fact that DA Deters is saying the things he is saying IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

We're making excuses for bad people in favor of political correctness and appeasement of ignorant people who don't want to look at the truth.

So..ya...I have no issue with DuBose being dead right now.

I agree with you but I think the bottle of Gin was unopened. Transporting an unopened bottle of alcohol is not illegal. Either way, I agree with Sam; Another low life gone
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

We have yet to learn whether or not his license was any good on the day he died. But we know he died over marijuana, which was found in the vehicle. How much has not been reported but the $2,600 in cash, also found in the vehicle and a record of drug trafficking gives one pause. There is perhaps a DWI or AUO charge, he had those previously as well.

What I find interesting about the video, for which there has been little discussion here or in the police media, is the speed in which Dubose was shot. It literally happened in one or two seconds. Zero to guns. Tensing grabs the door handle, Dubose shuts it while starting the car and BANG. Tensing must have drawn sooner, already had it at his side or be the quickest draw I have ever seen in a cop.

That said, the DA is a scumbag. A "chicken crap" license plate stop is what caught Tim McVeigh. A "chicken crap" stop got a Memphis Police Officer killed the night before last. By a black guy if you are keeping score. "Chicken crap" stops are the bread and butter of good police work. A good cop detects violations, particularly in a 4th Amendment world.

Tensing is screwed though, perhaps justifiably. American culture is leaning towards changes is what is deserving of police involvement. Police pursuits are the best example and the early warning of what we are experiencing. Let them go and we can catch them later. Or not. Is this really worth it?

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

Yes, DuBose is shot in the head but that is not f*cking murder. You can't see to confirm from the video but it seems as if DuBose reaches to the right side of the car. This could be either to get away from the reach of Tensing or to grab a gun.

The gun goes off and DuBose is killed.

At the end of the day, this was not murder. At the day, DuBose is dead because of his own actions. PERIOD.

Too bad you didn't have the chance to the tell Ray Tensing to claim he shot because he thought the driver was going for a gun, because his claim that he shot because he was being dragged is clearly not true given that in the video he shoots the driver before the car moves.

Had he used your lie instead of his lie, he might not have been indicted.

These damn video cameras keep mucking up leo's ability to lie about stuff that happens on the street...will it never end?

Perhaps the best advice one can give a cop involved in a shooting is not to make any statement about what happened until he gets a chance to see the video to be sure his best lie about what happen is at least possible in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I agree with you but I think the bottle of Gin was unopened. Transporting an unopened bottle of alcohol is not illegal. Either way, I agree with Sam; Another low life gone
    Good point but while full it does appear to be opened due to the color.

This is an unopened bottle of barton gin

Attachment 4473

This is his bottle. The color is yellow. Maybe mixed with something..

Attachment 4474

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Too bad you didn't have the chance to the tell Ray Tensing to claim he shot because he thought the driver was going for a gun, because his claim that he shot because he was being dragged is clearly not true given that in the video he shoots the driver before the car moves.
    As usual, you're wrong.

You can hear the car engine in drive and multiple calls to stop before the gun went off.

The best part in all of this is eventually he is going to win in court, be awarded back pay and also have a claim for being terminated w/o due process.

I think we can schedule the riots sometime next fall maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    That said, the DA is a scumbag. A "chicken crap" license plate stop is what caught Tim McVeigh. A "chicken crap" stop got a Memphis Police Officer killed the night before last. By a black guy if you are keeping score. "Chicken crap" stops are the bread and butter of good police work. A good cop detects violations, particularly in a 4th Amendment world.
    That's racist.

It's obvious a case of racial profiling here and the cop was just looking for someone to murder out of boredom.

Good point but while full it does appear to be opened due to the color.
    Reading through the comments in local Cincinatti reporting, I guess they sell this stuff or refill it with air fresheners, hence the coloring. Consistent with drug trafficking but overall a level of stupid only surpassed by popping the orange caps from toy guns.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

Had he used your lie instead of his lie, he might not have been indicted.

These damn video cameras keep mucking up leo's ability to lie about stuff that happens on the street...will it never end?

Perhaps the best advice one can give a cop involved in a shooting is not to make any statement about what happened until he gets a chance to see the video to be sure his best lie about what happen is at least possible in the video.
    You can only avoid Charles Darwin for so ...long 70 priors........The bearded one eventually caught up with our hapless miscreant.

As usual, you're wrong.

You can hear the car engine in drive and multiple calls to stop before the gun went off.

The best part in all of this is eventually he is going to win in court, be awarded back pay and also have a claim for being terminated w/o due process.

I think we can schedule the riots sometime next fall maybe?
    As usual, you're wrong.

The shots are fired:

1. before the car moves; and

2. while the victim has his left arm up in the air apparently trying to defend himself from the officer's weapon.

there are less than 2 seconds between the car starting and the shots being fired.

The cop lied about the incident. Just like you did.

But we have the video.

My take is this; the cop was next to the car and behind the driver. No way he felt like he was being run over
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Thread Information