Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: While many cry for more - retirees go without again

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Lumping everybody together by generation and accusing the entire group as being guilty for every mistake made during those years is beyond stupid.
    So I guess you don't like the idea of lumping people together by sex or race and providing them protections or quotas?

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Lumping everybody together by generation and accusing the entire group as being guilty for every mistake made during those years is beyond stupid. Generations are a product of their time and a reaction to whatever came before them, without any benefit of really knowing what's to come. Playing Monday-morning-quarterback is a great way to feel better about yourself but it's not an intelligent way to view history. And besides, there are a lot of decisions being made today that you may not agree with, and even vote against, and it wouldn't be fair for some future dipwad to blame you personally for making that mistake when you actually had nothing to do with it.
    A future dipwad certainly can blame my generation if warranted. I don't believe in sugar coating dire situations and don't think that people should be shielded from actions that their cohort has wrought.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    A future dipwad certainly can blame my generation if warranted.

This. When you vote on things or even form your opinions on issues, if you're not considering others you're in the wrong.

When looking at funding SS, I do consider those already on the system. I have just decided that I don't care if they see a loss in benefits. The problem with many seniors is they don't care about anything other than their benefits. They don't care the system is not going to last...because they will get theirs.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    This. When you vote on things or even form your opinions on issues, if you're not considering others you're in the wrong.

When looking at funding SS, I do consider those already on the system. I have just decided that I don't care if they see a loss in benefits. The problem with many seniors is they don't care about anything other than their benefits. They don't care the system is not going to last...because they will get theirs.
    You can also look at this:

When elected officials from 2 major social clubs vote on things or even form their opinions on issues, if they are not considering others they are in the wrong.

When looking at funding government employee compensation packages, I do consider those already on the system. I have just decided that I don't care if they see a loss in their compensation packages. The problem with many receiving these compensation packages is they don't care about anything other than their own self interest. They don't care the system is not going to last...because they will get theirs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information