Thread: SCPA seeks to identify man caught on video beating turtle with bat

Tony Fracasso - Admin

SCPA seeks to identify man caught on video beating turtle with bat

VIDEO: SCPA seeks to identify man caught on video beating turtle with bat

Published on Jul 7, 2015
    The Niagara County SPCA is releasing disturbing footage of a group of high school aged boys responsible for the brutal beating of a snapping turtle that was picked up on Cedar Rd in Newstead on the evening of Saturday, June 6. The turtle was transported to a party at a residence on Royalton Center Rd in Wolcottsville where it was repeatedly stabbed with a pitch fork, then brutally beaten with a baseball bat, stabbed again with a frogging fork and thrown into a fire. The Niagara County SPCA in conjunction with the Erie County SPCA was able to identify several individuals in the video including the young men responsible for stabbing the turtle and throwing it into the fire, but we are still seeking the identity of the individual in the video who repeatedly struck the turtle with a baseball bat.

The turtle has been blurred out in the video due to the graphic imagery. The video contains some vulgar language.

NEWSTEAD, N.Y. (WIVB) — After obtaining video of a group of high school teens beating a turtle to death, the Niagara County SPCA is looking to identify one more person so they can take action.
    SPCA officials have identified other males involved in the disturbing video, but say they’re searching for one person, who repeatedly bashed the turtle with a baseball bat. Other people caught on video are seen stabbing the turtle with a pitch fork, and although the SPCA didn’t release the second half of the video, the teenagers stab the turtle with a frogging fork then throw it into a fire.
    http://wivb.com/2015/07/07/video-scp...rtle-with-bat/

Man Beating Animal

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprised others stood around why the guy beat the turtle with a bat.

I can see a stupid kid with a BB gun shooting a crow or some such stupidity, but this psycho with the bat needs some counseling.
    And because I realize dummies take things out of context, I'm not saying shooting a bird with a BB gun is always acceptable. I'm saying it isn't comparable to repeatedly bashing a turtle with a bat.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Shooting a bird dead in one shot is completely different than slowly beating an animal to death. Completely see your point.

Here is what I find odd.

They will press charged on someone who killed a turtle yet there are people who think it's ok to abort a baby almost up to the time of birth.

Strike another blow to our future, in the hands of youth.

Thumbs down

Also, they said they threw it into the camp fire
    - did they ever think
    - with a little hot sauce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No excuse for their actions - stupid youth - waste of a good turtle !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information