Thread: Ex-House Speaker Dennis Hastert Indicted on Federal Charges

Ex-House Speaker Dennis Hastert Indicted on Federal Charges

J. Dennis Hastert, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, was charged on Thursday with lying to the F.B.I. and structuring cash withdrawals to avoid bank reporting requirements, federal authorities said.
    Mr. Hastert, 73, a longtime Republican leader who now works as a lobbyist in Washington, was providing money to an unnamed person in order to “compensate for and conceal his prior misconduct” against that person, according to a federal indictment issued by the United States attorney for the Northern District of Illinois.
    The indictment says that Mr. Hastert, who was once a high school teacher and wrestling coach in a small Illinois town, paid $1.7 million to the person from 2010 to 2014.
    U.S. Accuses Ex-House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert of Paying to Hide ‘Misconduct’

FBI and AG may end up with egg on their faces if they didn't find anything or if their search warrant applications were defective.

I wonder if the warrants were issued by the federal court, state court, or both.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

It certainly is shocking. Always had so much respect for Hastert. That had to be some whopper of misconduct to outlay that amount of money for a cover-up. I know innocent until proven guilty but I doubt he was withdrawing that money and stuffing it under his mattress.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    FBI and AG may end up with egg on their faces if they didn't find anything or if their search warrant applications were defective.

I wonder if the warrants were issued by the federal court, state court, or both.
    I'm assuming from your comment that you don't know the difference between a search warrant and an indictment. Sad.

I was pointing out the different slants you use when the difference is "Your Party - Their Party" -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information