Thread: Moving on

Moving on

Rather than posting on the few threads started, I would just like to mention a few things:

1. As we move forward from this past BOE vote, the sensitive issues that plague the mascot name (pro/anti), and the budget/propositions I hope that we can "let it go" (no matter the side(s)) and move forward with a cautiously positive/hopeful notion of changes that could/should occur by withholding judgement(s).

2. Let's desensitize (in a hopeful manner) by removing the avatars that still continue to create negative impressions/feelings by replacing with something more positive.

3. Regarding the upcoming election in November, vote for the best person for the position. To judge based on ones opinion/stance because it does not align with ones own opinion, could be misguided or unfortunate(but respected). Reflecting on past performance (kept taxes down without compromising services, eliminated debt-Colecraft etc..) and brought transparency IMO deserves the consideration.

Lastly, as someone who has had no position on the mascot name, please consider both sides of the asle to stop calling each side - racist. What I personally find most offensive at this point in time is the avatar(s) that reflect racial divide no matter who they are directing it to.

Thank you

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Lastly, as someone who has had no position on the mascot name, please consider both sides of the asle to stop calling each side - racist. What I personally find most offensive at this point in time is the avatar(s) that reflect racial divide no matter who they are directing it to.
    I agree with this.

I'll be positive. It was nice to see a pic of the 3 anti-Native Americans together on election night.

I don't think we'll be moving forward for awhile. Never been to a school board meeting but may want to go watch the fireworks. The election didn't end the controversy. It just inflamed it and it was inflamed more after the one candidate
    said one thing at Meet the Candidates night and the morning after the election and did an about face later on that day.

Two of the candidates of the upcoming town election seem to have no problem with offending Native Americans. So I guess they do have no problem with transparency. They expose their prejudices for every one to see.
    Last edited by gorja; May 22nd, 2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Add another thought

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information