Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the Maryvale School Approve the Tax Break for Veterans In the School District

Ok tell me exactly what it is a Vet Deserves?

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaFan View Post
    It depends on the Vet.

I think zero down/low interest home loans, access to education funding and limited access to care at the VA is more than enough for Vets like my father who cruised around the Pacific in the Navy during peace time.

When you talk about combat experience vets...they should pretty much get EVERYTHING they need medically + the above and I would not be opposed to some form of legislation where they drank free anywhere in the 50 states on Memorial Day and the 4th of July.

The problem is people don't want to address these differences. They want to say a Vet is a Vet when it comes to eligibility but then paint the picture of combat (like vietnam1967 did) when it comes to why it should be supported. Because Vets do it that way, you have many people who are forced to say NO to all because they are not offered the chance to say YES to most.

If you have to ask, then your oblivious to the sacfrafices made by Vets past and present. Without a veteran you would have no freedoms. But you have no problems giving the thousands of elected officials at all levels of government the Golden Parachute!!! If your correcting my English, then your not worth my time. I'm not here to argue with nonsense. I can admit I'm not perfect. I guess you have never made a mistake before.

Spoke with a Vet from a VFW today who as well works for VA in Buffalo. I had no idea more then 69% of Vets don't even take their Benefits as they are to proud to take if they don't need. Also while on the subject why should their widows get the Benefits as well?

Spoke with a Vet from a VFW today who as well works for VA in Buffalo. I had no idea more then 69% of Vets don't even take their Benefits as they are to proud to take if they don't need. Also while on the subject why should their widows get the Benefits as well?
    The only way a widow gets her husbands benefits is when a husband dies in combat in war or the husband dies from a illness that is service connected . I think they deserve that benefit, I have a friend who lost her husband in war and is raise 3 little girls. why shouldnt she get his benefits. i also worked at the va a few years.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    the vote from the residents were all in favor. june 8 is next school board meeting , the board still has to vote on it. So it still may not get approved. If it does I would think there would be some kind of letter.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Okay Cheektowagafan you think we get so much hum I want you to go to the head of the VA and tell him why did they drop me from my aftercare for my PTSD. I'll tell you to make room for new vets. They cut me off, sent me home with my permanent /temporary 100 percent. I am still a mess in my head, PTSD never goes away, nightmares nearly nightly, bad dreams nightly but most of the time I don't remember them only feel the intense fear when I wake up been like this for the past 45 years. If you want my life you can have it but you couldn't handle it. Did I go to college under my GI Bill sure did 9 years worth cost the government $250,000 to put me through and I received 3 degrees today there worth nothing, I am unemployable and too old now. When I did work my PTSD and Agent Orange exposure became worst over time and now my time is all about keeping me alive but you think I get too much. Hey, I need a new roof, new driveway, new windows .... but you think I like other disabled veterans make a lot of money on our disability. I hate to be the barer of bad news disabled vets get the least then what you may think.

Disable vets can't even own income property other than their own home why, the Regional office of the VA considers us self-employed therefore I am forced to live on my small income live month to month and struggle instead of allowing disabled vets to have income property to help shore up our low income maybe I wouldn't need my disability if I could make enough money but the government doesn't want this to happen keeps them in their jobs. But you keep thinking us disabled vets get too mucuh and could due without any brakes but remember this you could be where I am sitting be thankful you're not.

Hey disgusted the thread is about Maryvale School Districts.......Enough is Enough, Veterans have so much that the Taxpayers don't have. Free Healthcare for life, Discounted Interest Rates for Homes , Free Education, Free Burial Don't forget free Tax Breaks already on Property Taxes as well and way so many more Benefits .

I have never disrespected a Veteran but when is a Enough with these people? These breaks are going to have to be made up from the neighbors....and someone elses taxes will now go up..... These Benefits are giving a new meaning to thank a Vet
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Well sorry to say the Board of education in the Maryvale School district dont care about the veterans of this community. They been playing games with voting on the school tax break for veterans. They had two open forums to address with the community about this law that was passed by the cuomo . At that time many people stated their opinions and the board could not make a decision. They then decided they wanted the community to vote . Well the community vote in favor 77%. Now their is a school board meeting this evening at 6pm. you would of thought they would take time to go over the results of vote and make their decision and squash this issue.They rather drag in out another year . I was told today the board has no set time of date when they will review this issue . I got maybe in the near furture or next march . What kind of crap is this. They got their school buget passed . This is a board that is playing games with the veterans in this district. again other school districts had no problem on making a decision. Cheektowaga central was approved last year. I support the vets of this community

What, they must think their Albany or something Democrats not worth the paper to wipe my butt with.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    Well sorry to say the Board of education in the Maryvale School district don't care about the veterans of this community. They been playing games with voting on the school tax break for veterans. They had two open forums to address with the community about this law that was passed by the cuomo . At that time many people stated their opinions and the board could not make a decision. They then decided they wanted the community to vote . Well the community vote in favor 77%. Now their is a school board meeting this evening at 6pm. you would of thought they would take time to go over the results of vote and make their decision and squash this issue.They rather drag in out another year . I was told today the board has no set time of date when they will review this issue . I got maybe in the near furture or next march . What kind of crap is this. They got their school buget passed . This is a board that is playing games with the veterans in this district. again other school districts had no problem on making a decision. Cheektowaga central was approved last year. I support the vets of this community
    Riven37
    _________

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information