Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Baltimore Riots

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Wrong. Only specifically defined items are "weapons" under Maryland law. The knife found on Gray was not a "weapon" under Maryland law. Thus carrying it openly or concealed was not a violation of the law. He was arrested because the badge jockeys were upset that he looked at them and then ran. They proved that they are not qualified to be in positions of authority because they abuse that authority.
    You are such a troll, I love it.

The fact is, none of us know what kind of knife it was, or the law in MD. "Clipped to his pants" could be any number of knives that are spring assist opening. Not switch blades, but not steak knives either.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    You are such a troll, I love it.

The fact is, none of us know what kind of knife it was, or the law in MD. "Clipped to his pants" could be any number of knives that are spring assist opening. Not switch blades, but not steak knives either.

b.b.
    Several news sources reported it was a switchblade.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/police-fr...ed-switchblade

Wrong. Only specifically defined items are "weapons" under Maryland law. The knife found on Gray was not a "weapon" under Maryland law. Thus carrying it openly or concealed was not a violation of the law. He was arrested because the badge jockeys were upset that he looked at them and then ran. They proved that they are not qualified to be in positions of authority because they abuse that authority.
    What do you think of the badge jockey who got shot in the face and died in NYC because he saw someone fidgeting with his waistband and asked if he had something in there? Do you say It's not illegal to fidget with something?

Blackwell is accused of gunning down Moore after the cop and his partner stopped him because he was suspiciously fidgeting with something in his waistband.“Do you have something in your waist?’’ Moore asked Blackwell, 35, while sitting behind the wheel of the cops’ unmarked car, sources said.
    “Yeah, I got something,” Blackwell snarled back.
    Blackwell then whipped out a handgun and fired at the cops three times, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/04/shot-nypd-cop-has-died/

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Several news sources reported it was a switchblade.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/police-fr...ed-switchblade
    Yea, they reported it because the police reported it. Mosby says it wasn't and she probably has it in a sealed bag in a file box.

b.b.

I'll tell you what then,The next time you see a "Seatbelt" or "DUI" checkpoint,Wait until you get 4 to 5 cars away and swing a U-Turn. Watch what happens. Or walk down the street and if you see a cruiser,Turn and burn in the other direction. And it doesn't matter if it's one of your so called "Badge Jockeys" or a good cop,They will run you down.The guy took off running when the cop looked at him.Wonder why he had baby giraffe legs when they were putting him the wagon? Could be he might have swallowed something during the chase?Nope,Not freddie,He's just misunderstood.

How did they abuse their authority? Because some politician is filing charges? Don't you think it's strange how the leaked autopsy report had him hitting his head,The other passenger all but said the same(Until the lawyers got to him and he's changing his story)and a toxicology report thats being ignored ? Amazing how everyone on the legal side of this case has ties to the deceased. Mosby's run was bankrolled by the "Grey Family Attorney"(How all of a sudden the his family has an attorney is beyond me) and has ties to the city councilmen who had the cops back off the neighborhood where the riots were taking place(She's married to him). Not to mention a mayor who is now taking advice from al sharpton.Right now,Win or lose,Baltimore should just bring in wrecking balls and level the city. It's going to happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ljjr21 View Post
    I'll tell you what then,The next time you see a "Seatbelt" or "DUI" checkpoint,Wait until you get 4 to 5 cars away and swing a U-Turn. Watch what happens. Or walk down the street and if you see a cruiser,Turn and burn in the other direction. And it doesn't matter if it's one of your so called "Badge Jockeys" or a good cop,They will run you down.The guy took off running when the cop looked at him.Wonder why he had baby giraffe legs when they were putting him the wagon? Could be he might have swallowed something during the chase?Nope,Not freddie,He's just misunderstood.

How did they abuse their authority? Because some politician is filing charges? Don't you think it's strange how the leaked autopsy report had him hitting his head,The other passenger all but said the same(Until the lawyers got to him and he's changing his story)and a toxicology report thats being ignored ? Amazing how everyone on the legal side of this case has ties to the deceased. Mosby's run was bankrolled by the "Grey Family Attorney"(How all of a sudden the his family has an attorney is beyond me) and has ties to the city councilmen who had the cops back off the neighborhood where the riots were taking place(She's married to him). Not to mention a mayor who is now taking advice from al sharpton.Right now,Win or lose,Baltimore should just bring in wrecking balls and level the city. It's going to happen anyway.
    Unless you are in a high crime area, the police can't chase you down simply because you choose to avoid them. And even if you are in a high crime area where your actions give rise to a reasonable suspicion, the police can't arrest you after the stop if they don't have a basis for the arrest.

There is no such thing as "felony running from police." Possession of a legal knife or baseball bat is not sufficient reason to effectuate an arrest. An illegal arrest is an assault, battery, and kidnapping for which the wannabe Dirty Harry's can and should be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    What do you think of the badge jockey who got shot in the face and died in NYC because he saw someone fidgeting with his waistband and asked if he had something in there? Do you say It's not illegal to fidget with something?
    The tragedy of that story is that the LEO suspected the perp might have a firearm and then let his ego put himself in unreasonable danger. 'Hey I think he has a gun, let me go ask." At that point I wonder what he thought his badge was going to do, protect him from a bullet? Was he thinking "I'm a cop, the bad guys have to drop their drawers when I approach simply because I have a badge, all I have to say is 'hey you, Police!".

And, btw - everyone who is in possession of a concealed handgun is not a criminal. Just like everyone in possession of a car is not a get-away-drive for a bank robbery.

Uh Oh! Looks like everybody's favorite Baltimore Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby dropped the ball with some of the interpretations of Baltimore city code and the names of the accused.....

http://twitchy.com/2015/05/05/freddi...st-6-officers/

Unless you are in a high crime area, the police can't chase you down simply because you choose to avoid them. And even if you are in a high crime area where your actions give rise to a reasonable suspicion, the police can't arrest you after the stop if they don't have a basis for the arrest.
    That section of Baltimore is as high crime as they come.Stop acting like these 6 grouped together in the morning and decided it was time for freddie to die.They didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ljjr21 View Post
    That section of Baltimore is as high crime as they come.Stop acting like these 6 grouped together in the morning and decided it was time for freddie to die.They didn't.
    As much as I hate to agree with NG, after sifting through his the rhetoric, he is spot on in his statement. Running from the police is not a crime, there is no probable cause of a crime. It does however, provide reasonable suspicion to investigate, commonly known as the "Terry Stop" to determine why they are running when they see the police. The police can chase you and stop you and when they catch you, unless they come upon probable cause that a crime has occured (not flight), a warrant, something they find on your person or something you threw, they dust you off and set you free.

People often confuse the two.

b.b.

As much as I hate to agree with NG, after sifting through his the rhetoric, he is spot on in his statement. Running from the police is not a crime, there is no probable cause of a crime. It does however, provide reasonable suspicion to investigate, commonly known as the "Terry Stop" to determine why they are running when they see the police. The police can chase you and stop you and when they catch you, unless they come upon probable cause that a crime has occured (not flight), a warrant, something they find on your person or something you threw, they dust you off and set you free.

b.b.
    What if you are on probation or parole?

b.b.
    I'll just leave this here.What do you know,the knife was Illegal by Baltimore city code.
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/05...lawful-arrest/

Loretta Lynch was in Baltimore today and it was quite telling that the only quote given at this point was that she pledged to improve the Baltimore Police Department.. My guess is that she can already see the weaknesses in prosecuting this case as charged and is taking a positive stance (improving the PD) so that when the case falls apart, the focus can shift towards federally forced improvements. Sounds good to me. Much better than what the Prosecutor did, which was telling the crowd this was their moment - our moment for justice for Freddie Gray.

People are arrested all the time in this country for NOT breaking the law. Having reasonable suspicion a crime has been committed is no longer a bar which needs to be passed to arrest you.

They arest you, hold you for 24hrs and let you. happens ALL the time.

Also, a terry stop, you are under no obligation to speak with any LEO's for any reason whats ever with out your attorney present.

And any decent attorney will inform you to NEVER talk to the police no matter how innocent you think you are.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information