Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Check out Alan Bedenko's rant

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I don't care if the high school team name was changed. I would rather have them focus on cutting labor cost because of the obnoxiously high property taxes homes owners in Cheektowaga deal with.

Time Warner is a business. It's up to them to do what they want to do.

Depends on what that behavior would be before I could comment on your last sentence.

Once again it's only a high school sports team.
    FCC not TWC would be making the decision.

Then why focus on mascots with those tax dollars?

Exactly, and you seem much more pliable than other citizens...

Then why did they care enough to jeopardize a budget and capital improvements?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by skoorbekim View Post
    Attacking high school mascots is not one of them - it creates communal backlash.
    No one is "attacking" the mascot. They changed the name because it may create communal backlash.

No one is "attacking" the mascot. They changed the name because it may create communal backlash.
    1) No one was attacking the mascot name???

2) Vice versa...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Personally why do you care that the team's name is changed? It doesn't effect you or any property/business owner in Lancaster.

1. (generalization - so is the US census)
    2. (assumption - how about a vote?)
    3. (subjective - motive vs. intent)

(confessions of past intolerance)

(personal guilt and absolution)

If you are truly concerned with racism, there are an infinite number of more productive outlets...
    Attacking high school mascots is not one of them - it creates communal backlash.

And yet they are all valid reasons to change the name. You don't agree and thats fine.

Most of us are capable of handling more than one thing at a time. I can focus on underlying socioeconomic causes of racism and this at the same time.

I get it, you don't like change. You are not alone. The board was voted in to make decisions for the district and this is one that was made. It was going to happen, it was only a matter of time. The same as every other form of racism, repression and intolerance throughout history. People take sides. Some people take the wrong side because it makes them uncomfortable.

Personally why do you care that the team's name is changed? It doesn't effect you or any property/business owner in Lancaster.
    Why do I care...
    Because if you let the type of people that Vallely used to manipulate the BOE meetings (Grinde, Weaver, Kane, Parker, Jamieson, Maracle) you are undermining the structure of the community. Everything that has happened since March buttresses this point.
    Over time, schisms based on agitation will rupture...

Look at the communities where these type of "social justice" advocates sway policy.
    They call riots peaceful protests (in Baltimore they needed "space to destroy") - meanwhile BOE member Graber calls a peaceful protest a riot: ("[police are needed in the BOE meetings] because of the near riot conditions that happened two meetings ago.")

Is there something that you care about not related to health, shelter, or family?
    (you don't have to answer if too intrusive...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    And yet they are all valid reasons to change the name. You don't agree and thats fine.

Most of us are capable of handling more than one thing at a time. I can focus on underlying socioeconomic causes of racism and this at the same time.

I get it, you don't like change. You are not alone. The board was voted in to make decisions for the district and this is one that was made. It was going to happen, it was only a matter of time. The same as every other form of racism, repression and intolerance throughout history. People take sides. Some people take the wrong side because it makes them uncomfortable.
    Dime store psychobabble...
    I suppose you believe all change is good; when in doubt just call it racist...

Dime store psychobabble...
    I suppose you believe all change is good; when in doubt just call it racist...
    Enjoy your bubble.

And you would support the decision...

And if the FCC ordered Time Warner Cable not to televise the Bills Redskins game...
    You would support that too.

And if they move to sanction your behavior, you will obediently conform to their wishes.
    Life is so much easier when you obey...
    Arglebargle.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Why do I care...
    Because if you let the type of people that Vallely used to manipulate the BOE meetings (Grinde, Weaver, Kane, Parker, Jamieson, Maracle) you are undermining the structure of the community. Everything that has happened since March buttresses this point.

Look at the communities where these type of "social justice" advocates sway policy.
    They call riots peaceful protests (in Baltimore they needed "space to destroy") - meanwhile BOE member Graber calls a peaceful protest a riot: ("[police are needed in the BOE meetings] because of the near riot conditions that happened two meetings ago.")

Is there something that you care about not related to health, shelter, or family?
    That's a lot of words to type when "as a non-Indian, I enjoy high school mascots that cartoonishly denigrate Natives and their culture" is so much shorter and to the point.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why do I care...

schisms?

Isn't that what politics are?

Well get rid of Graber if he can't tell the different between a protest versus a riot. I wouldn't want someone on our school board who can't tell the difference between a peaceful protest versus a riot. There is a difference.

What else is there besides health, shelter or family and what effects those three topics?

I think kids deserve a education but I don't believe in 6+ figure salaries for school administration/teachers when there is next to no accountability for performance. Grass is fine, astro turf not needed. Baseball is meant to be played outside and an indoor training building is not needed. I can go on.

I think most government employees should be paid fairly but not 6+ figures with next to no accountability for their actions.

I also think elected officials should be held accountable no different than someone in the private sector would be held accountable. I'm waiting for someone to now say "they are held accountable each election cycle". That isn't what I mean. Last example that comes to mind is the wasteful spending of the Cheektowaga Democratic Party caused by BS between their club members. $60,000+ was spent on a investigation between members. Those actions cost us property/business owners $60,000+ dollars. I don't want to pay for that. Seeing it turned up nothing I think either the board members who initiated the action should be held liable or party be held liable. Has anyone seen the parking lot at the library on losson road? That $60k could have been used for maintenance of that parking lot. Sue them for the money. Make people in office truly accountable for what they do and I bet they would start making better decisions.

...I don't believe in 6+ figure salaries for school administration/teachers when there is next to no accountability for performance.

Grass is fine, astro turf not needed. Baseball is meant to be played outside and an indoor training building is not needed. I can go on.

I think most government employees should be paid fairly but not 6+ figures with next to no accountability for their actions.

I also think elected officials should be held accountable no different than someone in the private sector would be held accountable. I'm waiting for someone to now say "they are held accountable each election cycle". That isn't what I mean. Last example that comes to mind is the wasteful spending of the Cheektowaga Democratic Party caused by BS between their club members. $60,000+ was spent on a investigation between members. Those actions cost us property/business owners $60,000+ dollars. I don't want to pay for that. Seeing it turned up nothing I think either the board members who initiated the action should be held liable or party be held liable. Has anyone seen the parking lot at the library on losson road? That $60k could have been used for maintenance of that parking lot. Sue them for the money. Make people in office truly accountable for what they do and I bet they would start making better decisions.

So you care about $Money$...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In don't care about Money. The items I listed effect health, shelter, or family for people in our community. I guess I care about paying for waste.

In don't care about Money. The items I listed effect health, shelter, or family for people in our community. I guess I care about paying for waste.
    Money is at the center of what drives your civic participation.
    Do you think that the taxes you personally pay amount to even one millisecond of government waste?
    Mathematically, historically, and realistically, your concern about government spending is for all intents and purposes irrational.

You can't control monetary waste...
    I can't control iconoclasm...
    Why even try, right?

Money is at the center of what drives your civic participation.
    Do you think that the taxes you personally pay amount to even one millisecond of government waste?
    Mathematically, historically, and realistically, your concern about government spending is for all intents and purposes irrational.

You can't control monetary waste...
    I can't control iconoclasm...
    Why even try, right?
    There is big difference between money and currency.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information