Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DWI charges for town councilman

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Joe M. was not the answer for the Dems in this year's election. I don't think Mark Aquino was the answer, either.

But, Joe M., even before this recent scandal, would have lost the election for what gorja says here, anyway. In a way, both of these two pols now out of the way is the bright side for the Lancaster Dems, that is in order for the Dems to hold onto control, just in my view, as they say.

Just think, I bet gorja was all ready for Mark A. this year anyway, and probably had more thunder with the ethical issues and Mark A. running for re-election and all. So, all that good ammo is OUT of the equation.

And the GOP was probably ready, too, and against Joe M., with his political/governmental history and generous county salary. I would have ran Bob Giza for council, or his kid, before Mark A. or Joe M.

Well, when survival of the fittest is the ugly bottom line, the Dems got an Easter/Spring rebirth opportunity in the sidelining of two candidates with far too much baggage going into an important election year and now they're gone. Heck, ya got to survive folks!

This sure is an interesting start to an election that could have many twists. And don't count the Dems out just yet.

They have outsmarted most of the commenters here in the past.
    Guess, we have to sit back and wait. Maybe, there will be a pleasant surprise in their arsenal

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    You do in regards to Brainard
    LOL Gee
    Oh, I thought your comment was FUNNY and informative, sure tough, but not out of line at all.

I just put "LOL" and then the system needed a few more letters in order to post, couldn't just post "LOL" so I added "Gee" which was not meant to oppose the comment.

But, if the GOP wants Brainard without gorja's support, that says a lot about the Brainard candidacy and how it just will not work.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

But, Joe M., even before this recent scandal, would have lost the election for what gorja says here, anyway. In a way, both of these two pols now out of the way is the bright side for the Lancaster Dems, that is in order for the Dems to hold onto control, just in my view, as they say.

And this is what we need to change. Most sensible people can easily look back over the last 3 decades and see what this group has done to our state and local governments. We are one of the highest taxed areas in the USA and really have nothing to show for it except bloated over compensated government.

It seems people decided to leave our state instead of dealing with it.

Lancaster Sun

Lancaster Town councilman resigns
    By Jennifer Lysiak
    THE LANCASTER SUN EDITOR
    Lancaster Town Board
    Councilman Mark S. Aquino handed in his resignation letter on Monday after he was
    arrested for DWI on Sunday night with the police report showing his blood alcohol
    content to be two times the legal limit.

According to the police report, Aquino, 52, struck a parked vehicle in the 2000
    block of Como Park Boulevard while traveling east around 9 p.m. A witness heard
    a loud bang outside of her house and saw a vehicle leaving the scene after striking
    her friend’s car, which was legally parked.

The witness followed the vehicle for about a mile until it stopped on Richmond
    Avenue and saw Aquino exit the vehicle. He then started to run from his vehicle. He
    attempted to jump a fence before she told him she called the police, at which time he
    agreed to come back to his vehicle and police arrived.
    Patrol observed that Aquino had glassy eyes and an odor of an alcoholic beverage
    was emanating from his breath.

The report stated, Aquino claimed he was traveling east on Como Park, going home
    after drinking five to six Captain and Cokes at the Creekside. He looked down for a
    second and struck the parked vehicle and then kept going because he was in shock and
    he was not sure what had actually happened.
    Police arrested Aquino and transported him to the station where he performed several
    field sobriety tests. He failed all tests,but one. Aquino consented to a chemical breath
    test with .14 percent BAC result.

He was charged with DWI, operation of a motor vehicle with .08 of 1 percent or more
    alcohol in blood-first offense, and operator leaves scene of property damage only acci
    dent.
    According to Lancaster Police Chief Gerald Gill in a release, no injures were reported,
    both vehicles were damaged, and Aquino was cooperative with the police during their
    investigation.

Aquino was released on his own recognizance and has a village court date scheduled
    on May 5 in front of Judge Paul Bumbalo.

For more - http://issuu.com/communitypapersofwn...79457/12157098

Wonder if Aquino thought the female witness was going to kick his ass. Visualize that.
    Last edited by gorja; April 4th, 2015 at 05:42 PM.

Georgia L Schlager

Aquino's letter to the Dem commitee -

It is with much sadness and regret that I will be submitting my letter of resignation from the Town Board as a result of a DWI arrest on Sunday. Not one of my better moments in life but I do believe that things happen for a reason and this was I believe a wake up call for me. The most important things in my life are my wife and four daughters and sometimes as you go through life you take those things for granted as you are just trying to get through each day. My focus has to be with them and trying to restore their faith and trust in me as a husband and father.
    It has been a great pleasure working with the Town Board for the better part of 5+ years.
    Mark S. Aquino, Esq.

Geez, he sounds like I felt when I got impeached in 3rd grade

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    And this is what we need to change. Most sensible people can easily look back over the last 3 decades and see what this group has done to our state and local governments. We are one of the highest taxed areas in the USA and really have nothing to show for it except bloated over compensated government.

It seems people decided to leave our state instead of dealing with it.
    Let's hope the Dems put forth candidates that will make these changes, and the GOP, too.

Let's hope the Dems put forth candidates that will make these changes, and the GOP, too.
    It would be refreshing to have really good candidates on both sides who want to find ways to rid the waste in spending and do away with the friend/family employment agency furnishing people with jobs that aren't necessary.

Maybe, my democratic party will make me be proud to be a Democrat again. Can't see that happening though

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hasn't happened and most likely never will. Go back to my water well story. Too many people in the local political parties are all friends or related. Everyone talks a good game yet they allow it to continue.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information