Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: May 19, 2015 school board election and budget vote

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Who do you think? It was NOT Della Neve, Buchert or Nowak. I was very disappointed that I had to put my jacket before passing the RACISTs because I follow election law and they do NOT.
    I just returned from voting at the high school. All the candidates were outside the posted limit. Perhaps someone clued them in.

Quote Originally Posted by skoorbekim View Post
    What were you wearing that had to be covered by a jacket?
    My old avatar.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseplease View Post
    I just returned from voting at the high school. All the candidates were outside the posted limit. Perhaps someone clued them in.
    That's Good

Georgia L Schlager

Not sure...

High school girls were selling them out front for $10,
    "We've got to get rid of these," one girl said.
    LOL!! It kind of makes you think the kids are over all the controversy and just want to get back to "normal." It has always appeared to me that it was the adults who were stirring things up.

My kids asked me a good question.

How much will it cost to strip, sand, repaint, and refinish the Redskins Java Gym hardwood floor?

$5 per square foot x 5,000 square feet...

My kids asked me a good question.

How much will it cost to strip, sand, repaint, and refinish the Redskins Java Gym hardwood floor?

$5 per square foot x 5,000 square feet...
    Ahhh, the high cost of being politically correct....

We can only hope those "extra voters" do the right thing for the schools budget.

Its a shame it took such a divisive issue to bring them out to vote ! Its a shame more of them couldn't do this on a regular basis - just because of the actual impact the budget will have on the school and students.

Its was also nice to see the pre-vote lawn circus was held to a minimum this year. Its so sad to see - in the past - how they had the kids out on the lawn to shame people to support their extra activities. No students should be outside during the vote.

Anyway - if you voted today - good for you - if your candidates win - good for them.

If you bitched and helped cause or organize all the unneeded embarrassment - upset the school board meetings and didn't vote - SHAME ON YOU - I hope your kids see what hypocrites you are.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

May God help us the next 3 years.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    We can only hope those "extra voters" do the right thing for the schools budget.

Its a shame it took such a divisive issue to bring them out to vote ! Its a shame more of them couldn't do this on a regular basis - just because of the actual impact the budget will have on the school and students.

Its was also nice to see the pre-vote lawn circus was held to a minimum this year. Its so sad to see - in the past - how they had the kids out on the lawn to shame people to support their extra activities. No students should be outside during the vote.

Anyway - if you voted today - good for you - if your candidates win - good for them.

If you bitched and helped cause or organize all the unneeded embarrassment - upset the school board meetings and didn't vote - SHAME ON YOU - I hope your kids see what hypocrites you are.
    Thanks for posting the results. Some of my observations: 1.) I'm glad the community overwhelmingly passed the propositions! It shows that no matter where we individually stand on the issues, we can at least agree on moving education forward. 2.) The community has spoken and has said they didn't like the way the mascot fiasco was handled. I'm not saying the name was racist or not, the issue could have been handled better. 3.) I didn't read anything in the paper where Dr. Vallely congratulated the new board members. Grow up, Mike. They are going to be deciding your future! 4.) Congratulations to Ken Graber for speaking to each new board member as reported in the paper. You appear to at least be willing to work with them. But, I don't think the community has much confidence in the superintendent as you indicated. 5.) And then we have Marie MacKay. The paper reported her usual brash comments. Instead of extending an olive branch, she chose to get confrontational. I have a feeling you'll face defeat next time you run. In fact, why don't you save us all the trouble and either A.) announce you will no longer run for the board or B.) resign today. 6.) Ms. Nowak certainly wasn't gracious in defeat as indicated by her comments in the newspaper. 7.) Ms. Buchert was crying as reported in the paper. Was she really surprised? 8.) I'm disappointed that Ms. Della Neve didn't get elected. 9.) Ms.Depcynski needs to get on the ball. Now that she has been elected, she needs to get her homework done on the issues. 10.) The message has been sent to the District Office and BOE that the community has had enough and wants to be included in the process from now on. Is anyone listening?? OK newcomers to the BOE. The ball is in your court. Let's see how you handle it now.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information