Thread: Holtz to Retire

Holtz to Retire

It's on the front page of the City and Region in Buffalo News. Let the posturing begin for replacements.

Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

It's about Time!!!

Thought I heard a toilet flushing in the distance. Let's see who fills the bowl that is the Cheektowaga board.

She is delusional....."The supervisor said she has been considering retirement for more than a year, adding that she feels she can now leave after keeping tax rates low, enacting reforms in the town’s health insurance program, and overseeing a capital improvement program."

Who here is willing to give us an exact amount of their tax bill when Mary started as Supervisor and what they were in Feb of 2015?.....so we can see how low she kept them.

To be more exact, she is not going to run for re-election. She has been retired for years. when Ted was pressing for privatizing garbage collection she said "the union would never allow that" which for me was an indication that she was no longer working as supervisor but instead letting the union run the town for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    She is delusional....."The supervisor said she has been considering retirement for more than a year, adding that she feels she can now leave after keeping tax rates low, enacting reforms in the town’s health insurance program, and overseeing a capital improvement program."

Who here is willing to give us an exact amount of their tax bill when Mary started as Supervisor and what they were in Feb of 2015?.....so we can see how low she kept them.
    god help... me how many people have left cheektowaga since she has been in office.. because of taxes. . and now supports old lady alice for supervisor what a joke talking about going up a one way street in the wrong direction.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    god help... me how many people have left cheektowaga since she has been in office.. because of taxes. . and now supports old lady alice for supervisor what a joke talking about going up a one way street in the wrong direction.
    Cheeks, I left because of the taxes, and the politics. Holtz is totally anti-labor and blames her employees for the towns problems and high taxes. Alice will be no better hopefully residents will not elect

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How is Mary anti-labor? The Cheektowaga Democratic Party is as pro labor as a group can get when if comes to their own self interest.

Haven't you watched our town labor contracts/cost continually rise? Doesn't seem too anti-labor to me. Some of the raises are based on time served not performance. Another unexpected reason I was told some raises are given is because the employee is really nice. That really isn't in the best interest of our town residents and business owners. This continues while our town population declines.

According to City-data.com our town lost about 6% of our population from 2000 to 2010. On another more current population count we are still having people flee cheektowaga. Think about that. They are leaving for a reason. One part of that reason is the high property taxes that have been created while under the control of the Cheektowaga Democratic Party. It isn't like we have flamingo stampedes, floods wiping away parts of our town or hurricanes.

Do you really think anyone endorsed by this group is really going to make any changes that are going to effect their friends and family in town government? Won't happen.

The group will say they are working on it but you know how that works. Don't listen to what they tell you watch what is happening instead.

The group will tell you they have been cutting taxes for years but if you review your tax bill you can see that is hogwash.

meaningless or insincere talk, writing, etc.; nonsense; bunk.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hogwash

I think the town board and all the town departments DON'T know the difference between reducing taxes and keeping the rate low.

For those involved in what makes up OUR property taxes here is the basic premise....

Keeping the rate low = a increase in our property tax

Reducing the tax rate = lower property tax bills. EXCEPT when your assessors office decides to reassess.
    OUR properties with a 15% increase in value.

Reducing the tax rate can be accomplished by CUTS in services, town employee Pay cuts, Eliminating tax breaks to Corporate America. ...Smarter spending on items the town doesn't need like a Hoover craft.

Basically if the town don't need it to function....consider eliminating it!!!

TAXES ARE OUT OF CONTROL....this MUST be fixed!!!!

In reflecting on this some more I might rather it were Lou Holtz who was retiring. At least we wouldn't have to watch the old bastard spitting all over Mark May on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How is Mary anti-labor? The Cheektowaga Democratic Party is as pro labor as a group can get when if comes to their own self interest.

Haven't you watched our town labor contracts/cost continually rise? Doesn't seem too anti-labor to me. Some of the raises are based on time served not performance. Another unexpected reason I was told some raises are given is because the employee is really nice. That really isn't in the best interest of our town residents and business owners. This continues while our town population declines.

According to City-data.com our town lost about 6% of our population from 2000 to 2010. On another more current population count we are still having people flee cheektowaga. Think about that. They are leaving for a reason. One part of that reason is the high property taxes that have been created while under the control of the Cheektowaga Democratic Party. It isn't like we have flamingo stampedes, floods wiping away parts of our town or hurricanes.

Do you really think anyone endorsed by this group is really going to make any changes that are going to effect their friends and family in town government? Won't happen.

The group will say they are working on it but you know how that works. Don't listen to what they tell you watch what is happening instead.

The group will tell you they have been cutting taxes for years but if you review your tax bill you can see that is hogwash.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hogwash
    res, their is a lot to it when it comes to holtz and the board over the years with their unions and employees .. holtz loves to blame her employees for town problems if taxes go up. but they never blame themselves if the tax rate goes up. do you have any idea how much money these politicians waste year after year?
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Benczkowski announces her intentions to run for supervisor
    http://buffalochronicle.com/2015/03/...ga-supervisor/

Ted was the one who first publicized Frank Max's issues. He did all the FOILing and got the phone records published. Now, Benczkowski is trying to capitalize on it.
    It should be Ted in there running for town supervisor, IMHO.

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information