Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A buck an hour for city parking meters

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubbles here, but street parking in the city is free after 5pm and on weekends and holidays. So basically this rate increase won't impact most people who are visiting the city for entertainment, sports, dining, or drinks.

And as usual, the people on this thread complaining the loudest are the folks that never visit the city anyway, and probably haven't even parallel-parked since Nixon was in office.
    Ha, ha. You're the first and only person I've ever heard of who has tried to make parallel parking sound like some rite of passage or measure of manhood or something. That really is comically silly.

Allow me to confess a personal character flaw that I've never been able to publicly admit until 300's post. I haven't made a three point turn since the Carter administration. God, I feel better having finally got that off my chest. A catharsis if ever there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Ha, ha. You're the first and only person I've ever heard of who has tried to make parallel parking sound like some rite of passage or measure of manhood or something. That really is comically silly.
    You obviously missed my point entirely. Street parking at city meters usually requires parallel parking. You rarely visit the city, and rarely ever park at a meter. Yet you pretend to be upset about a change to meter fees. Do you 'get it' now, or do I need to draw some pictures for you...

You obviously missed my point entirely. Street parking at city meters usually requires parallel parking. You rarely visit the city, and rarely ever park at a meter. Yet you pretend to be upset about a change to meter fees. Do you 'get it' now, or do I need to draw some pictures for you...
    Yes, you will, but keep them simple stick people ones...he doesn't do well with complex editorial type cartoons.

Ok, Kreskin...tell me how often I visit the city. Tell me how you know I rarely park at meters. And yes, please draw me a picture. I understand it will have to be in crayon because you are rarely trusted with anything sharper in the home in which you reside. Oh, by the way, there is parallel parking outside the city. And it wasn't me who hauled out parallel parking as some measure of....something. That was you sparky.

Ok, Kreskin...tell me how often I visit the city. Tell me how you know I rarely park at meters. And yes, please draw me a picture. I understand it will have to be in crayon because you are rarely trusted with anything sharper in the home in which you reside. Oh, by the way, there is parallel parking outside the city. And it wasn't me who hauled out parallel parking as some measure of....something. That was you sparky.
    Considering you still don't seem to understand the connection between city parking meters and parallel parking, I think it's safe to say that you rarely ever attempt it. You're more of the type of guy that wants a giant empty parking lot (FREE, of course) that's within 10 feet of the front door to wherever you're going, otherwise you're just turning around (goddam 3 point turns!) and going home. You probably tried street-parking once or twice recently if only to have something to bitch about for the next 10 years. Similar for visiting the city in general.... Your kids/wife probably force you to go once in a while and again the only real value to you is more bitching material. Fairly accurate, yes? no? I also see someone in your future with the letter T, and you might come into some money this month if you keep an open mind about lady-mullets. oh, and if you see a UFO, run SOUTH

Call me odd but I do prefer free parking to paid parking and I prefer the convenience of parking near my destination. You seem to value paid parking far from your destination as a sign of possessing some type of superior moral or intellectual stature. But I do thank you for the new clever retort. The next time someone tells me that my mother wears army boots I'll come right back with " oh yeah, well you haven't parallel parked since the Nixon era." I'm confident that will leave them speechless.

You're welcome.

I stay out of the city for many reasons one is parking.

When I engaged with 300 I never dreamed it would happen. But last night I met a buddy for a bite & a couple of pops on Hertel Ave. And there it was...for the first time since Tricky Dick resided on Pennsylvania Ave. I had to parallel park. Numb with fear, my heart beating like a drum, beads of perspiration on my brow....I briefly thought of canceling my plans but sometimes in life one has to man up. It was either me or that curb...only one of us would leave that parking spot alive. And I did it on the first try and I never bumped that curb once!!! I had done it; I had completed the tribal ritual that 300 feels is proof of ....something. I could now freely comment on parking in the city. Then it hit me. Like a golfer who gets a hole in one while playing a round alone or a bowler who rolls a perfect game while just practicing I had no witness to the titanic struggle in which I had just prevailed. Oh, the humanity...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'll let you all know how parking goes. I'm going to a hockey game.

When I engaged with 300 I never dreamed it would happen. But last night I met a buddy for a bite & a couple of pops on Hertel Ave. And there it was...for the first time since Tricky Dick resided on Pennsylvania Ave. I had to parallel park. Numb with fear, my heart beating like a drum, beads of perspiration on my brow....I briefly thought of canceling my plans but sometimes in life one has to man up. It was either me or that curb...only one of us would leave that parking spot alive. And I did it on the first try and I never bumped that curb once!!! I had done it; I had completed the tribal ritual that 300 feels is proof of ....something. I could now freely comment on parking in the city. Then it hit me. Like a golfer who gets a hole in one while playing a round alone or a bowler who rolls a perfect game while just practicing I had no witness to the titanic struggle in which I had just prevailed. Oh, the humanity...
    You left out the most important detail of all... that the parking was free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information