Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It may be time for you to leave WNY

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Bob,

"Most of these people" is what was said not "most of these businesses"

In some cases it isn't about being successful enough, it about the amount of money you get to keep in your pocket at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm not gloating about anything = I'm just pointing out that you did what you usually do - make false factual statements about matters. "None" does not mean one. If you had actually read the article you were relying on then you could have said "and just one city from New York", but nope, you rushed down river as if those increasing rapids were just caused by a restriction of the river of truth's width rather than the falls you didn't know were ahead because you didn't read the map yowere pontificating about.

Moreover, the article is about cities of 65,000+ population. Most of them are just bedroom communities of larger cities, and when yo read the details, most of them have taxes and cost of living levels that are some of the highest in the nation. That is not a list of the best places for the average american to live - it is like a list of the best restaurants in the country. Expensive, elegant, and only for those who can afford it.

So your post ended up being a major fail on both facts and its premise.
    Missing one city on a list of 50 is a major fail? Seriously? Or was it that they really weren't great places to live? The point that they are near some major metro areas discredits that? Tell me, what city is proximal to New Rochelle?

I have an idea why don't you cite references that puts locales in NY as the best places to live? We could also look at what states have the highest outflow of residents while we are it if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Wait....so a business that can't make it in NY because of cost and moves to NC or Alabama to take advantage of lower costs is just not successful enough(?)

b.b.
    Earnings Bob, earnings....

It's the reason we have a government, certainly to the extent that we have... except now most of it is fueled by debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Missing one city on a list of 50 is a major fail? Seriously? Or was it that they really weren't great places to live? The point that they are near some major metro areas discredits that? Tell me, what city is proximal to New Rochelle?

I have an idea why don't you cite references that puts locales in NY as the best places to live? We could also look at what states have the highest outflow of residents while we are it if you please.
    You didn't "miss one" - you out right lied - you never read the list in the first lace. Like most of your post on here, you take a slice of something then make up the rest.

as for you question about what city is close to New Rochelle, I'll just let it stay as the big stinky brain fart like most of your BS,

You didn't "miss one" - you out right lied - you never read the list in the first lace. Like most of your post on here, you take a slice of something then make up the rest.

as for you question about what city is close to New Rochelle, I'll just let it stay as the big stinky brain fart like most of your BS,
    So how did I make up the rest of the 49 other locales? I said not one in NY made the list, ok there was one.... Mea Culpa your excellency.....

Now you have a great opportunity to totally rub my face in it by providing material showing NY is so well represented in the best places to live lists, and you can further drive the stake by refuting what states lose the most population.

Strike...my chest is bare..

So how did I make up the rest of the 49 other locales? I said not one in NY made the list, ok there was one.... Mea Culpa your excellency.....

Now you have a great opportunity to totally rub my face in it by providing material showing NY is so well represented in the best places to live lists, and you can further drive the stake by refuting what states lose the most population.

Strike...my chest is bare..
    You never read the list, and you don't even know the criteria for being on the list. You read some tea party blog and regurgitated just like most of your post.

This list is about the best cities for the Pegulas and Galisanos, not for the likes of you.

1. Newton, Massachusetts

> Median household income: $125,642
    > Unemployment rate, 2013: 4.80%
    > Median home value: $689,900
    > Violent crime per 100,000 residents: 87.6
    > Average commuter travel time: 26.4 minutes

A suburb of Boston, Newton is 24/7 Wall St.’s best city to live in. Crime rates were just a fraction of national figures in 2012. And while total employment rose only 0.5% between 2011 and 2013, the city’s unemployment rate remained below 5% during the same period.

Students have access to excellent schools. While nearly half of all school-age residents attended private schools, test scores in Newton’s public schools were far better than public schools across the state. Additionally, more than three-quarters of residents 25 and over had a bachelor’s degree, the second-highest rate in the country. Residents of Middlesex County, where Newton is located, can take advantage of 49 golf courses, nearly 3,000 restaurants, 24 museums and three ski resorts in their free time.

Living in Newton costs more than living in most of the United States, and more than most places in Massachusetts for that matter. This may explain may explain why it had the highest median income of any large city, at over $125,000.

You never read the list, and you don't even know the criteria for being on the list. You read some tea party blog and regurgitated just like most of your post.

This list is about the best cities for the Pegulas and Galisanos, not for the likes of you.
    Well that settles it then, I guess there are no best places to live outside of NY for us common folk. Here we are in paradise and didn't even know it.

Ps. I read the list enough to get 49/50 there Spanky, and don't remember my original post to your lovely thread ever stipulating criteria, but hey we can find other lists now can't we.

Wow the mighty Empire State has one on the list, That certainly is a game changer.

75% percent of the WNYer's have nothing to compare it to. What positive change can come from not looking at how other areas do things or improve things? Kinda like having your head in the sand don't you think?
    And where have you lived beside WNY?
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Well that settles it then, I guess there are no best places to live outside of NY for us common folk. Here we are in paradise and didn't even know it.

Ps. I read the list enough to get 49/50 there Spanky, and don't remember my original post to your lovely thread ever stipulating criteria, but hey we can find other lists now can't we.
    Let's see now...you posted a claim that you had read a list of 50 best cities in USA today, then proclaimed that no cities in New York were on the list (despite the fact that New Rochelle, NY is number 13.)

You didn't mention any other state having any number of cities on the list. your entire focus was on New York State.

Your math is as bad as your reading skills. At best it is 0 for 1 girlyboy, but it actually is 0 for 50. You didn't get 49 of anything right because you didn't address the other 49.

If you took your kid to the doctor because he was sick, and the doctor said "your kid does not have measles" but he might have 50 other possible infections or viruses, then it turned out your kid did have measles, would he be right 49 out of 50? Nope, he would be 0 for 50.

I've tired of this. It is so obvious that you read a blog or got an email, then jumped on the net and regurgitated it without ever reading the actual article. A behavior you seem top keep repeating over and over.

Florida, Texas , Utah , Arizona, Nevada But anyone with a pulse could have filled In those blanks.

I was surprised NY made any list, other than it's hatred of small
    business, taxes, high cost of living, poor economic growth or resident flight

liberals pretty much f'd this state nicely.... Good job!!

P.s Aren't you the retread that started this Ny thread?
    Last edited by Save Us; February 8th, 2015 at 09:55 PM.

linda

Ohio, Pa, Texas, Arizona, Kentucky, NC .

50 best towns and cities to live in the US, according to USA today I read yesterday.

Not one NY locale made it. 75% of WYN'ers have never lived anywhere else. So we wouldn't be worth polling anyway.

Do you think it would cross the average government administrator's mind as to why that could be?.....naaahhhh.
    Buffalo ranks pretty well on a lot of lists lately (if you put stocks in those kinds of lists).
    We're getting some great press lately.

Buffalonians Rank #1 in the Nation in Caring About Their Ranking on Arbitrary Interne

Buffalonians Rank #1 in the Nation in Caring About Their Ranking on Arbitrary Internet Lists

As outside temperatures dropped throughout the day, social media feeds all around Western New York were ablaze with posts, comments, likes, and shared links regarding an online publication’s placement of Buffalo atop a list ranking cities nationwide on their overall level of enthusiasm for being highly placed on random lists that rate cities nationwide for strangely specific and intangible characteristics.

“Move over New York and Chicago,” reads the opening line of the article featured on listwallaby.com, “When it comes to taking silly online lists created solely as mindless clickbait and wearing them as an embarrassing badge of civic pride, no one does it better–or apparently has more time on their hands–than the residents of Buffalo, NY.”

City Hall’s statement describes this list as “our city’s biggest moment in the spotlight since 2009,” referring to when Mayor Brown was briefly featured during minute 17 of the second episode of Terrell Owen’s short-lived VH1 reality television series.

The article, titled “Top 10 Cities for People Who Actually Take This **** Seriously,” has been making waves with local media and political figures as well. Channel 7 will dedicate all of their news coverage for the rest of this week and next to this “exciting brush with national news,” and Mayor Byron Brown’s office has issued a statement citing the list as “definitive proof that years of economic decline, corruption, and poor leadership have come to an end, and the world is taking notice.”

Although Buffalonians were for the most part thrilled with the article’s depiction of their hometown, many were disappointed that there was no mention of being “Buffalo Tough” or the region’s collective ability to “talk proud.”

Lynn Sowden, a bus driver from Cheektowaga, summarized the area’s sentiments in a Facebook post: “Boston can have their attitude. NYC can have their speed-walking. I’m proud to be from a place that manifests its inferiority complex by obsessing over the details of something entirely meaningless that no one else even realizes is happening. Also…Go Sabres!”

Source

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information