Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An outstanding resume by an outstanding individual deserving reappointment

So your "inferring" members of his own Party are trying to dump/block him ? Why would they do that and then possibly let him run for another elected spot ? I assume you mean Councilmember Abraham.

Now lets look at this - the Dem Committee would have to support this attack. Then those same people would have to support Mr.Thill for another elected spot - if that part of the rumor is true .

Abraham has only one reason to fear/dislike Mr.Thill - that's if Mr.Thill was going to run against him or for Supervisor.

If Abraham moves up to Supervisor - he'd have to retire from the school system - he could combine his Town Board years with his school teacher credits - I believe, not 100% sure - and retire. That would give him about $50,000.00+/- tax free dollars a year in pension.

Then if he gets the Supervisor spot - he picks up another $80,000.00+/- tax dollar a year pay check from the home owning tax payers of Lancaster. Nice - $130,000.00 a year all tax funded - plus life time tax funded benefits. That would beat double dip Councilman Stempniak's retire/rehire scam for sure.

It still doesn't explain his fear of Mr.Thill - and why the Committee would back this back door assassination of Mr.Thill.

It does show how the focus has slid away from Councilman Stempniak - and the real possibility the current Town Clerk may be leaving. The other Councilmembers have shown their lone wolf tendencies - they feel they don't need the Dem Committees blessing and or they believe they have the backing to insist on support instead.

There will be a host of misleading rumors this year - it seems to be a well used tactic to insight their own members. It forces members to show which camps they tend to fall in within the Committee. This way the Controllers know who they have to "Work on" or "Make deals with" -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It's so hard to believe that a Zoning board member who really takes that position seriously, works hard and does extensive research to gain the knowledge necessary to make a very educated decision may lose that position due to what, politics? And his own political party? What are they thinking or drinking?
    My opinion only but I have to assume Mr. Thill did something to upset the board members. After all, it is no secret that they expect their political appointments to adhere to their decisions, not what is best for the community. Bob Thill is above that and I have a feeling that is why he will not get his ZBA seat back. Just saying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    My opinion only but I have to assume Mr. Thill did something to upset the board members. After all, it is no secret that they expect their political appointments to adhere to their decisions, not what is best for the community. Bob Thill is above that and I have a feeling that is why he will not get his ZBA seat back. Just saying!!!
    What a shame, if that were to happen

Georgia L Schlager

4248 wrote:

So your "inferring" members of his own Party are trying to dump/block him? Why would they do that and then possibly let him run for another elected spot? I assume you mean Councilmember Abraham.
    Why would the DEM council members and the DEM Party itself not want to replace Thill on the ZBA board when he as a DEM acting independently - as is his nature and in the best interest of the community - opposed some of their agendas and best interests, and where in the past several years made the cardinal sin of supporting the campaigns of a few Republicans that were successfully elected into office?

Now let’s look at this - the Dem Committee would have to support this attack. Then those same people would have to support Mr. Thill for another elected spot - if that part of the rumor is true .
    What makes you believe Thill would seek the Democratic line only? And even if he primaried without party endorsement on that line, what makes you think he would not win?

Abraham has only one reason to fear/dislike Mr. Thill - that's if Mr. Thill was going to run against him or for Supervisor.
    Abraham is not up for election for a council seat. While it has been rumored for some time that Ruffino was interested in running for Supervisor, his losing support from the newly organized Conservative Party weakens his position. Abraham’s father no longer has influence in the newly organized Conservative Party and that weakens his chance at being successful in beating Fudoli.

Thill would not be interested in running for Supervisor as he respects Fudoli and supported his campaign in 2011. Nor is Mr. Thill interested in serving on the LIDA, a consolation prize for replacing him on the ZBA.

If Mr. Thill decided to run for a council seat as has been rumored, he would get my open support and that of a public that recognizes the man for his integrity, morals, commitment to good governance and community best interests, and the years of community service he has provided; regardless of what party line he ran on.

Question

Ruffino doesn't have a chance at Supervisor - he doesn't have the personality or support. He's a banker/facilitator - he supports the soccer groups by proxy. He shows up to take a bow and has others do his work for him. Same with the Town Board and the Dem Committee Controllers understands that - but he can bring in the dollars.

Back to Mr.Thill - he could take almost any position he wants - that's been established. Maybe that's why they don't want him around any more - If you believe that? He's definitely not a reformist though ! ?

Town Councilman/Political Teacher Abraham is the new Stempniak - he's just quieter and more milk toast - none the less devious in self serving intent. His connection to the conservatives doesn't live and die with his family. The Dems need that voting block almost as much as they need the tax funded Town Voters. Its the pebble that tips the election scales.

Mr.Abraham ties the schools/union and Politics into one intertwined agenda. He is the quiet insider who insures those interests are considered - because they are his.

There will be change - just what kind of change remains to be seen - patronage control may be slowed - but most of us are still just guessing

Merry Christmas to all -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Am I to assume that sine Dan Beutler and Richard Quinn are the only appointees listed in the agenda to the Zoning board of Appeals that Mr Thill was not reappointed?

Also noticed that Frank Fialkiewicz was not reappointed to the LIDA, what's that about?

Georgia L Schlager

Am I to assume that sine Dan Beutler and Richard Quinn are the only appointees listed in the agenda to the Zoning board of Appeals that Mr Thill was not reappointed?

Also noticed that Frank Fialkiewicz was not reappointed to the LIDA, what's that about?
    I have to look at the meeting agenda but rumor has it that Mr. Graber is now on the LIDA Board. No wonder he showed up at the last town board meeting to give Dino a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    I have to look at the meeting agenda but rumor has it that Mr. Graber is now on the LIDA Board. No wonder he showed up at the last town board meeting to give Dino a hard time.
    Yes, Graber is being appointed to the LIDA. Oh BOY

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes, Graber is being appointed to the LIDA. Oh BOY
    Does he get a cut off each deal that is given out by the LIDA?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Does he get a cut off each deal that is given out by the LIDA?
    No, none of the board members do. He is also the Lancaster school board president

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information