Thread: Hey Mr. Supervisor did you see this

Hey Mr. Supervisor did you see this

Factory wages falling to the point that they can’t support middle-class life

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/...-life-20141124

Perhaps even more significant, while the typical production job in the manufacturing sector paid more than the private-sector average in the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s, that relationship flipped in 2007, and line work in factories now pays less than the typical private-sector job. That gap has been widening – in 2013, production jobs paid an average of $19.29 an hour, compared with $20.13 for all private-sector positions.

That paragraph was most interesting to me because the lowest paid full time position in the Town of Lancaster is a laborer aide position in Parks (2) at $39,173; $18.83. The next lowest paid are (clerk/clerk typist) at $41,117; $19.76 an hour. The pay scale then increases significantly and ends with the highest salary going to the Police Chief at $107,502; $51.68 an hour.

It should be noted that no town employee or police have received a wage increase since 2011. That says something about the town’s generous pay scale under former supervisor Robert Giza’s administration.

It is no secret that what is holding up current town union contract negotiations is the reluctance of the four town unions to contribute to their health insurance. As of now, no town employee or police contributes to generous health plans that cost $19,300 for family coverage and $12,000 for single coverage. Both plans provide dental and vision coverage and low co-pays.

It is not so much the town wage scale that is most bothersome to taxpayers; it is that while they are contributing upwards of 25% (and more) for policies with high deductibles and high co-pays and having no dental or vision coverage, town employees contribute zero to their health insurance plan. And, premiums are increasing significantly in cost and with higher deductibles for individuals in the private sector.

As a senior I pay out $320 per month for Medicare and a policy covering prescription medication. As a senior taxpayer I resent having to pay taxes for others in the public sector having generous benefit and retirement plans that I myself do not have.

Keep their feet to the fire Supervisor Fudoli. I well know your position is weakened with the police as you are heading for binding arbitration in March. However other municipal police departments are contributing as much as 15%. The teachers in our school district contribute that much for a less costly and less generous plan.

You have brought much transparency and openness to the town; and under your administration fiscal responsibilities by submitting three straight budgets that have lowered taxes. You have taken the town in a new direction and here is a situation that should have been addressed under the prior administration, was not, and now needs revision.

I would guess that the Supervisor would like to settle prior to entering binding arbitration, it's pretty common that the outcome will not be in the best interests of the taxpayers. I believe if by some chance it does not settle prior to arbitration, I would ascertain that lay - offs would occur. The first to go would be Giza's grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I would guess that the Supervisor would like to settle prior to entering binding arbitration, it's pretty common that the outcome will not be in the best interests of the taxpayers. I believe if by some chance it does not settle prior to arbitration, I would ascertain that lay - offs would occur. The first to go would be Giza's grandson.
    So we're going to lay off cops in a still growing town, and possibly put public safety at risk, just so we can say we haven't raised taxes at all in 3 years?
    Seems like a brilliant plan...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    So we're going to lay off cops in a still growing town, and possibly put public safety at risk, just so we can say we haven't raised taxes at all in 3 years?
    The majority of people in Erie County haven't seen a raise in years. What makes you think you are shielded from the economic market created by our elected leaders in Erie County and NYS?

What makes you so special?

Looks like the 6+ figure club is alive and well in the Lancaster Police Department. Remember below is only the take home part of the salary. Tell everyone what you are paid by way of the health insurance package you are given and benefits/pension contributions.

I'm not saying what anyone does is not important but in the end many government employees are paid very well. In a lot of cases far more than they would ever make in the private sector.

Add on top of that the value of bene's.

www.seethroughny.org

So we're going to lay off cops in a still growing town
    I'm assuming this is the Village of Lancaster?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lancaster-New-York.html

Population in 2012: 10,280 (100% urban, 0% rural). Population change since 2000: -8.1%

Why is the Town of Lancaster not listed in a few census sites I'm searching on?

Hey Mr. Supervisor

Lee,

You missed your calling earlier in life. You should have been a reporter.

The article regarding the Town Employees making a contribution to their Health benefits is right on. There is absolutely no reason they should not be contributing. Some work very hard, but by today's standards they are all overpaid, and especially the 3 Amigo's. Over $30K for a part time gig. We have a blathering idiot female that refuses to answer questions due to a personal matter, a School teacher whose only claim to fame is his Fathers involvement and then there is Aquino, another useless idiot that can't seem to tell the truth.

These guys can't seem to take there foot out of their mouth long enough to stop lying.

Come on people step up and get ride of this bunch of crap they call a Lancaster Town Board. Give Dino some help.

The Republicans need to get rid of Ralph and bring in some fresh blood.

Another thing tax payers don't realize is these generous wages and benefits are also part of what many elected and appointed officials get. The same people like past Supervisor Giza focused on these benefits because its the only way they too could enjoy them.

Supervisor Giza , Councilmember Stempniak , Councilmember/School Teacher Abraham and others received more than one set of healthcare benefits.

Supervisor Giza collected Town Benefits and some from the Boys and Girls club. Councilman Stempniak collected from the Town Board and Buffalo school system. While Acting like they were fighting for tax funded benefits for Town workers.

To this day Councilmember Stempniak collects a enhanced tax funded life time retirement check from the state - she combined her Town Time as Councilmember with her school time and retired from both - then within weeks came back on the Town Board and now collects tw0(2) tax funded checks every month - plus tax funded life time benefits.

This also included - mainly because of their own greed - payouts of up to $6000. Think about that - they themselves got paid because they could drop their lessor coverage. When your double dipping - its easy to grand stand and end coverage for other people.

When the coverage was under attack for the Town Board - Councilmember Stempniak was all for ending it - why because she didn't want then Councilmember Amatura to have coverage - she admitted that publicly. It was a act of grand stand and vengefulness on her part - not a tax saving move.

Elected and appointed officials retirements are calculated the same way as our workers state pension plans are and tax funded as well. That's why any Town Board, Town Hall or Town worker with pension credits don't want to see a change in their cost of benefits..

In the case of Town Councilmembers you only need five(5) years to qualify for pension benefits - most other employees it takes ten(10) years service.

Supervisor Giza used tax dollars to buy loyalty for the Dem committee - that's why these people win at election time - what town Employee would vote any other way ? Their benefits and generous pay has been directly tied to their loyalty to the Dem Committee - not service to tax payers.

Loyalty at the polls comes with a price and tax payer will bare that cost - just another hidden part of the Giza Legacy !
    Last edited by 4248; November 26th, 2014 at 01:39 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Who said we'll lay off cops?

No one said we'll lay off police officers. Maybe cut a $100K plus Salary and cut overtime but no one said we'll lay off Cops. I haven't checked, but how do we match up cop/resident to similar towns. Maybe there is a case, I do not know. We can start by doing away with the position the 3 Amigo's is trying to fill/create. There are undoubtedly others that can be trimmed. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THAT, CONTRIBUTE TO YOU HEALTHCARE! This has to be a Town Employee writing the original post!

By the way, Giza created this mess, let's call a spade a spade. Build up the public dole so dems stay in power for ever. Something like Barry is trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    Redskin, interesting name you have there.

First of all, I didn't state that police officers would be laid off. However that said, if you can reflect back to basics, arbitration when settled does not reflect (in this case) well for the taxpayers as a whole. If the budget cannot support the results/outcome of the arbitration then it is inevitable that lay offs would occur. It has nothing to do with what you stated "a brilliant plan."

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Redskin, interesting name you have there.

First of all, I didn't state that police officers would be laid off. However that said, if you can reflect back to basics, arbitration when settled does not reflect (in this case) well for the taxpayers as a whole. If the budget cannot support the results/outcome of the arbitration then it is inevitable that lay offs would occur. It has nothing to do with what you stated "a brilliant plan."

You are correct, arbitration would not be in the best interest of the taxpayer. Arbitration is never good for anyone but the Union. IF the arbitrator does not give them what they want, they'll never do another case for anyone. Sorry, I do not recall,"Brilliant Plan?"

When you have Town Board members who see the past Parks Boss/Party Controller/xCounty Leg Player resign from his $98,000.00 a year Town job - they saw $98,000.00 tax dollars - plus benefits they could slice up and give to Party Players.

The Towns Supervisor wanted to save money and reorganize that and other departments and save tax money - BUT NO -

Councilmember Stempniak put her foot down - Councilmember Aquino said we can do whatever we want - Councilmember Ruffino and Abraham said we agree with what ever our Controllers want.

So what do they do - more patronage and juicy stipends paid to loyal Party Players.

Instead of saving some money so maybe the costs of other perks they hand out like no copay healthcare - uneeded house keeper assigned to the Parks Department for $39,000.00 dollars a year plus benefits for Councilmember Aquinos friend.

One good thing - Councilmember Stempniak has finally maxed out on how much she can scam off/add to her tax funded pension enhancements - so she'll be gone soon.

Councilmember Ruffino knows full well he's next to grab the full pension brass ring - just one more election and he's set for his tax subsidized life. The only enhancement he can make is run for a larger paycheck/ I mean a higher office. But if he does run for Supervisor - which his own people have sent out negative vibes - he would loose that and possibly loose his fluffed up tax funded pension. So odds are he will just sit tight - run for the Board again - nobody else wants him.

2015 is going to be interesting - and don't discount School Teacher/Town Board Member Abraham - he's got allot riding on what these other players do.

Sorry, I forgot - as far as the contract goes - what they could do is have a grace period before increases take place. Lets say the contract is settled in 2015 and that contract includes copays or healthcare monthly payments. What they will do is hold off its effective date - lets say its settled in March(just a for instance) - what they will do is hold of the implementation for at least twelve months.

By holding off the increases they give the senior members a chance to bail out under the old contract , collect any new raises keep their no co pay benefits - there by screwing the less senior and future hires.

This is how these people do things , remember this applies to elected and appointed people as well - not what's best for tax payers - what's best for their wallets.
    Last edited by 4248; November 26th, 2014 at 07:00 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMAle View Post
    No one said we'll lay off police officers. Maybe cut a $100K plus Salary and cut overtime but no one said we'll lay off Cops. I haven't checked, but how do we match up cop/resident to similar towns. Maybe there is a case, I do not know. We can start by doing away with the position the 3 Amigo's is trying to fill/create. There are undoubtedly others that can be trimmed. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THAT, CONTRIBUTE TO YOU HEALTHCARE! This has to be a Town Employee writing the original post!

By the way, Giza created this mess, let's call a spade a spade. Build up the public dole so dems stay in power for ever. Something like Barry is trying to do.
    Yes, Giza created the mess and his four amigo's continue to make bad decisions to this day.

Thread Information