Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polancarz being thrown under the bus by Dem Politicians - ?

Linda, the problem was the amount of snow, that goes without saying. Along with that was the failure of the county to plow its own roads in a timely manner. This required towns and villages to divert scarce resources to clean up roads owned by others. If we were waiting for the county those roads would still be unplowed.

I'm not a Poloncarz fan but under the circumstances County Executive Poloncarz did a good of managing the snow removal.
    Governor Como seemed to be here for the photo opt.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

The channel 4 team was talking to a Superviosr of Highways from the end of Rt 400 - he was crying about the County.

Channel 4's Don Postals asked - "are your guys out and plowing" -

Without hesitation the Highway Boss answered "Oh yes our guys have all our roads open" -

Don Postals, "Are your County roads passable" - Highway Boss, "Oh. Yes - our guys plowed them too - But the County didn't do them"

The point Don Postals brought out with more than one person - it showed a clear push to pass the buck and deflect - rather than just understanding the complexity of the entire operation.

All in all it was handled as well as can be expected - with help coming in from all over NY - the Governor came in, and stayed, organized and seemingly took control -

( I can see his prepresidential material now - He was here for Buffalo - Blah - Blah - Blah)

Anyway - once again to all those who actually worked to dig people out - get medicine to shut ins - carry food to others and just lend a hand to a stranger - "THANK YOU ALL"

PS - The Erie County Command Center was all but a ghost Town - protocol was not followed when requesting assistance. Who's fault was that ?

But theres a whole lot of Party People out there collecting tax funded checks for being "Disaster Coordinators"
    Last edited by 4248; November 27th, 2014 at 02:35 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

4248, there was no passing the buck...there was the clear, and apparently universal recognition that the county roads were plowed but that the county didn't open them. Trained seal, Poloncarz, was too busy making tv appearances to actually get anything done. The only question that remains to be determined is did the county do nothing or were county crews directed to support only certain favored communities. One answer is as bad as the other.

You see Grump - that's exactly my point about your statements - you pose things that can only be answered in the negative !

You ask what could he have been doing - then you answer your own statement by saying - " One answer is as bad as the other"

Anyway - your ignoring the overall storm event and basically saying if the County Exec wasn't driving a plow - where you wanted him to be - he wasn't doing the job you wanted.

All the guys who drive County vehicles were working - night and day - are you saying they weren't ?

Every Village, Town , City had their plows and vehicles working - day and night - are you saying they weren't ?

I do agree that many of those same Villages and Towns didn't use the proper protocols for coordinating with the County.

I do agree most of those same areas have tax funded Disaster Coordinators who didn't do what their paid to do !

Or are you saying that the Disaster Coordinaters did their jobs but were ignored ?

If so could you site who they were - or what Town/Villages used the DLAN system and didn't get coordinated help ?

Look I don't like his use of patronage - especialy the tax funded Board of Elections job for his brother - I don't support the Erie County Dem Committee in any way shape or form.

That's a separate issue to me.
    Last edited by 4248; November 29th, 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    All the guys who drive County vehicles were working - night and day - are you saying they weren't ?

Every Village, Town , City had their plows and vehicles working - day and night - are you saying they weren't ?
    Along with countless other people digging others our, private hires and so forth.

Poor 4248. All I know are the documented facts...Eg the county didn't plow it's own roads. At no time has Poloncarz presented one stitch of proof to counter the claims of town officials that the county did not plow its own roads. Not once. Remember, his plows have state of the art gps systems that can locate any plow anytime. Remeber, the county was on tv before the storm hit...they were all in place and ready to go! Why doesn't he simply produce the gps documentation to blow their complaints to hell. And please don't tell me the county needs calls on the DLAN system to identify county roads! Even you can't seriously believe the county doesn't know which are county roads. Do I think Poloncarz should have been driving a plow? No, he should've stayed off tv, stayed in bed and left the real work to these who could handle it. Trained seal!

For me - this should be my last post on this non-issue :

You bitch about what you say the County Exec didn't do - then when asked what he should have done , Grump says " Do I think Poloncarz should have been driving a plow? No, he should've stayed off TV, stayed in bed and left the real work to these who could handle it"

You make no sense - your not trying to. Residents can express their feelings next time they vote.

Does NOT EC contract with at least some towns to plow county highways so that the responsibility for those roads belongs to the towns?

Did the county plow the roads it was obligated to plow and leave the roads that towns are supposed to plow to the towns?

These are the two pertinent questions. If a town was contracted to plow the section of County Road 1234 within its borders, its supervisor shouldn't be complaining about the county not plowing CR 1234. It's his town's responsibility. If the county was supposed to plow County Road 1235 from Town A through Town D and didn't do that, then yes, the supervisor(s) have a valid complaint. Without knowing the specific specifics, an observer really can't determine who's right or wrong here.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information