Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Save My Home

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder if all the donations can be considered "gifts" because they are less than $10,000 per transaction.

In the end sometimes I feel we all should just tell the IRS to pound salt. Go away. Take the 5th when you fill out your tax return. When they ask for any information just say I lost it all. I'm sorry. How about checking on the 1000's of inmates files false claims? Or how about installing a better email system so you guys don't lose important email. Or try to justify the obnoxious salaries many take on the administration side of the IRS after all the incompetence we have seen lately. Once that is done come talk to me

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I wonder if all the donations can be considered "gifts" because they are less than $10,000 per transaction.

In the end sometimes I feel we all should just tell the IRS to pound salt. Go away. Take the 5th when you fill out your tax return. When they ask for any information just say I lost it all. I'm sorry. How about checking on the 1000's of inmates files false claims? Or how about installing a better email system so you guys don't lose important email. Or try to justify the obnoxious salaries many take on the administration side of the IRS after all the incompetence we have seen lately. Once that is done come talk to me
    The IRS does not make up the tax law - Congress does.

funds raised for a particular individual are generally treated as taxable income. A buffalo weatherman turned preacher tried to argue (and lost) that the money paid to him for performing weddings were gifts, not income.

The charitable organization raising money for officer Wilson has run into a problem because 501(c)(3) charities cannot raise funds for specific individuals.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I know congress does.

In the end people can say they gave him a gift. Simple as that. Their word against someone who needs the IRS revenue to keep their 6 figure+ salaries going.

I would consider someone performing weddings their job. That would be a tough one to twist into "it was a gift" . I don't think Jesus himself could pull that one off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information