Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 34,500 No Gun List

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

Despite the rantings and ravings of the maniacs, mental health is a science.

We can identify baselines and we can identify behaviors that cross those lines.
    Hum.

If its such a "science"... how it is that they don't catch most serial killers before they become serial killers then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    Hum.

If its such a "science"... how it is that they don't catch most serial killers before they become serial killers then?
    That has to be the dumbest question of the day. Is your understanding of "science" based on watching the Big Bang Theory?

Fingerprinting is a science. But guess what, fingerprinting doesn't catch anyone before they break into the bank and steal the loot.

When the application of sound mental health science has concluded that a person is a danger to themselves or others, it makes sense to prohibit them from legally owing a firearm (which, unlike a knife or a bat has but one purposeful design - to kill.)

We prohibit felons from owning firearms because of their prior anti-social behavior. It would be ironic if we allowed firearms to be legally owned by someone who couldn't be convicted of a crime because they are so mentally incompetent that they can't tell right from wrong, and thus can't be convicted of a felony for killing someone else with that firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    That has to be the dumbest question of the day. Is your understanding of "science" based on watching the Big Bang Theory?

Nope. Never watched it. And remember, YOU are the one who says mental health is a science

Fingerprinting is a science. But guess what, fingerprinting doesn't catch anyone before they break into the bank and steal the loot.

Oh! You mean someone has to actually commit a crime BEFORE that finger print "science" becomes valid. How is it then that mental health science works BEFORE any crime is committed?

When the application of sound mental health science has concluded that a person is a danger to themselves or others, it makes sense to prohibit them from legally owing a firearm (which, unlike a knife or a bat has but one purposeful design - to kill.)

Oh, I see. Mental Health science can tell before hand that a person will commit a crime sometime in the future then. Oh, but wait... you just said that they can't catch serial killers before they become serial killers... even though mental health science claims that they exhibit certain behavioral patterns during their early years. But nothing can be done because they actually haven't committed a crime yet. But its okay to start removing a gun owners rights before they commit a crime because Mental Health Science says they MIGHT be a danger. I don't think your science has too much science in it. It either works across the board or its just a "best guess" theory.

We prohibit felons from owning firearms because of their prior anti-social behavior. It would be ironic if we allowed firearms to be legally owned by someone who couldn't be convicted of a crime because they are so mentally incompetent that they can't tell right from wrong, and thus can't be convicted of a felony for killing someone else with that firearm.
    I see. So what's your plan to insure that a crazy person won't pick up a firearm off the street? Do you think that they are going to give gun laws any more thought than a criminal does? And exactly how often do the courts let "mentally incompetent" people who have killed people and couldn't be convicted of a felony lose again? Don't they confine them to a hospital until some 'expert' in Mental Health Science determines they are 'cured', or not?

Again. It sounds like your faith in this "science" is a little misplaced. I for one, certainly do not want anyone's rights riding on such a wishy-washy "science". After all, what would your "science" have to say about the "anti-social behavior" of a individual who makes their living off defrauding the public using a "legalized" scam system especially designed toward those ends? Should those types of people be allowed to own firearms?

I'm so sick of hearing about these friggin guns.

Guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns.

This love affair with shooting a projectile is absurd.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

There was a specific reason the 2nd Amendment was written.

People in "Government" get arrogant and start to believe their own words after awhile. How is hope and change working for you? They start to believe that the agenda they are pushing is the best agenda. They actually start to believe they know best. Governments get to the point where the "bosses" the citizens of the country need to reel them in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...s_Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    I see. So what's your plan to insure that a crazy person won't pick up a firearm off the street? Do you think that they are going to give gun laws any more thought than a criminal does? And exactly how often do the courts let "mentally incompetent" people who have killed people and couldn't be convicted of a felony lose again? Don't they confine them to a hospital until some 'expert' in Mental Health Science determines they are 'cured', or not?

Again. It sounds like your faith in this "science" is a little misplaced. I for one, certainly do not want anyone's rights riding on such a wishy-washy "science". After all, what would your "science" have to say about the "anti-social behavior" of a individual who makes their living off defrauding the public using a "legalized" scam system especially designed toward those ends? Should those types of people be allowed to own firearms?
    It is obvious why you have such an overwhelming fear of prohibiting the mentally incompetent from owning firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

People in "Government" get arrogant and start to believe their own words after awhile. How is hope and change working for you? They start to believe that the agenda they are pushing is the best agenda. They actually start to believe they know best. Governments get to the point where the "bosses" the citizens of the country need to reel them in.

You do understand that they are a comedy magic team - making fun with smoke and mirrors, don't you?

So I need a gun so that when I believe someone in government is arrogant and I don't agree with their agenda I get to "reel" them in with a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

The group YOU associate with are the ones who keep bringing it up. Stop trying to stomp out a Constitutional amendment and YOU won't have to hear about it, whiny cry baby. waaaa whaaaaa waaaaa.

Im tired of hearing about ******s getting married, but you know what? Im smart enough to recognize what individual freedom is.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information