Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what gimmicks create

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    The gimmick is the rebate itself not the fact who is receiving it.
    The premise of the OP was that the rebate was being paid to people who had moved out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    what I don't get is why the ones with school age kids are the ones getting the rebate? They're the people actually using the schools, they should be paying more than those without kids
    Because people with kids will use it to go to disney land

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    It's all a gimmick, the purpose of gimmicks like this is to buy votes, I mean stimulate the state economy. How is the state economy stimulated by sending checks out of state? Just lower the tax rate, but that's not happening.
    Or they brag about a bocce ball court while property taxes over all increase on average.

Or they brag about this or that while ignoring countless people flee the area.

Or they brag about.... you get the idea...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The premise of the OP was that the rebate was being paid to people who had moved out of state.
    I thought a fair chunk is going to people who have moved out of the state. Seriously how lame is that. I know they make have paid into it but in the end they fled.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I thought a fair chunk is going to people who have moved out of the state. Seriously how lame is that. I know they make have paid into it but in the end they fled.
    If you were eligible for a business tax rebate based on having a business in 2012, should you NOT get it because you closed your business early in 2014?

You don't know that these people "fled", either. Lots of people move because of job transfers. Others may move because of job promotions opportunities. Most people can't afford to decline either scenario.

Furthermore, how about the people who weren't here in 2012 but are living in NYS now? They aren't eligbile for this rebate.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post

You don't know that these people "fled", either. Lots of people move because of job transfers. Others may move because of job promotions opportunities. Most people can't afford to decline either scenario.
    Key Word: Opportunity. They're leaving because there is no opportunity here.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    If you were eligible for a business tax rebate based on having a business in 2012, should you NOT get it because you closed your business early in 2014?

Furthermore, how about the people who weren't here in 2012 but are living in NYS now? They aren't eligbile for this rebate.
    This is not a "rebate" in that same sense as a rebate you are referring to. Far as I know not one of these people in 2012 were expecting a "rebate" in 2014 by some action they took in 2012.

I can say with certain confidence that a fair majority of the people who left "fled". Most likely for better job opportunities and/or transfers. I don't know if you have noticed or care to notice but quite a few businesses have moved their jobs out of NYS.

As for people who are here now that weren't here in 2012 shouldn't get a rebate no more than people who are no longer here. The point is there should not be a "rebate" to begin with. Just lower our taxes, cut salaries/benefits if needed and/or stop spending that just isn't required. Personally I don't care anymore. For the most part the "best interest" that should come into play is the net taxpayer/property/businesses owners. Still need to have some form of safety net but not at the extent we have now.

I know this will get people's undies all gathered up but close the borders, send anyone here illegally back as fast as possible to the country they sneaked in from and cut what ever grant/support programs involved with that. As long as there are programs people can use people will try to get to the USA.

We are over taxed, under served and fed a line of crap from the controlling political party in NYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information