Thread: Scottish Independence

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Scottish Independence

I just heard about this.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Scottish Independence

I've been keeping my eye on this vote it is sad 313 years of political union will change the world because it will make England less inferential in the world not too leave out how Scotland will crumble without England's joined union and the changing of the British flag the world has come to know will cease to exists and become something unrecognizable to the world. Scotland has the right to brake away but she also needs England to survive in the world, Scotland is too liberal of a country to go it alone in the world all that Scotland is, is England. I Hope as one of England's and Scotland's cousins they stay together but the choice is up to Scotland and her people. You say this is Braveheart in reverse for the modern era, if you know your English history. This upcoming vote is the most important vote of our time and should be of a concern by everyone in the world because if Scotland leaves the world will change and will change the world.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

If scotland leaves and goes neutral everything will change.

Europes whole makeup will change
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Will some one please explain how 5 million people forming a very small independent country will change the world. only thing I can see is England will have to store it's nukes on their own soil instead of in Scotland.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Plus the people of Scotland will be able to decide how revenue is used from the oil in their country

My great grandmother was a MacDonald. Her ancestors Had to leave Scotland in the 1700's after they tried to get independence. maybe Wales And northern Ireland will be next. That will finally mean the British Empire is over, except for a few very small Islands they still have Falklands Gibraltar ,Bermuda,Virgin islands and others. It is time for England to stop controlling other nations.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    Will some one please explain how 5 million people forming a very small independent country will change the world.
    If Scotland goes independent it will reduce the population of the GB down to the point that Italy will pass them in the EU, the GB will lose a great deal of power and influence.

Additionally the Scots are saying they want to be independent IE they don't care if they join the EU, The GBs fleet would have to move redrawing strategic lines across Europe all the nuke subs are in Scottish waters.

A ton of other little things as well that will have a snowball effect on all of Europe.

I dont think it will happen though, buit if it does a lot of things will have to change in the EU
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Thread Information