Thread: Adrian Peterson has been indicted for child abuse.

Adrian Peterson has been indicted for child abuse.

Another NFL lug nut .. what a bunch..

One law enforcement source tells TMZ ... Peterson decided to discipline his son by grabbing a branch from a tree -- and then whipping the child on his bare skin. We're told several of the wounds were bleeding when the child went back to his mother.
    According to the police report, the child told authorities he had also been hit by a belt and there were "a lot of belts in daddy's closet."

The child also said AP had put leaves in his mouth when he was being struck and that his pants were down. . According to the police report, Peterson allegedly sent text messages to the child's mother saying he "felt bad" because he struck the kid in the testicles.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian...#ixzz3DA0toj9A
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Whether the criminal justice system should be involved depends on the degree and nature of the child abuse.

But any parent who can't figure out how to discipline a child without physical violence is either just ignorant of the more effective child rearing techniques and can benefit from education about parenting, or is lacking the necessary brain capacity needed to comprehend the better suited techniques.

The fact that one's parents were equally ignorant or suffering from brain functionality is not an excuse, it is just a possible source of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Whether the criminal justice system should be involved depends on the degree and nature of the child abuse.

But any parent who can't figure out how to discipline a child without physical violence is either just ignorant of the more effective child rearing techniques and can benefit from education about parenting, or is lacking the necessary brain capacity needed to comprehend the better suited techniques.

The fact that one's parents were equally ignorant or suffering from brain functionality is not an excuse, it is just a possible source of the problem.
    Roger has his hands full with this bunch.. I would have to say a number of them have a lack of brain capacity when they come off the field.

The gossip mongers and long kneckers have more food for their folly!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    What's that supposed to mean Frank?
    It means he doesn't think it is anyone else's business if parents choose to beat their kids into believing in jesus.

Another black lug nut athlete..

Charles Barkley on Adrian Peterson: 'Every black parent in the South' whips their children idiot..
    Well, it appears that CBS got what they wanted: Charles Barkley acting ridiculous and labeling an entire cross section of a race in the southern U.S. as child abusers.
    After being asked by host Jim Rome if what Peterson did to his four-year old child was fine by him, Barkley went off on a pathetic brand of “us jocks gotta stick together”-defensive terms, while basically failing to disassociate southern African-Americans that don’t happen to beat their children with those that do

Barkley: "I'm from the South. I understand Boomer's (Esiason) rage and anger ... but he's a white guy and I'm a black guy. I don't know where he's from (editor's note: Esiason grew up in Long Island), I'm from the South. Whipping -- we do that all the time. Every black parent in the South is going to be in jail under those circumstances."

Rome: "It doesn't matter where you're from: Right is right and wrong is wrong."

Barkley: "I don't believe that because, listen, we spank kids in the South. I think the question about whether Adrian Peterson went overboard -- Listen, Jim, we all grow up in different environments. Every black parent in my neighborhood in the South would be in trouble or in jail under those circumstances."

Rome: "My thing is: I don't want to tell anybody how to raise their kids and I really don't want anybody telling me how to raise my kids. But let's make a distinction between 'child rearing' and 'child abuse.' That was child abuse. There's no fine line here."

Barkley: "I think there's a fine line. Jim, I've had many welts on my legs. I've gotten beat with switches -- and I don't even like the term. When the media talks about it, 'beating a child'--

Rome: "But that's what that was, Charles."

Barkley: "We called it 'spanking' or 'whipping' our kids." humm hitting in the testicles then putting leaves in his mouth ...?

Rome: "If I see open wounds or bruises on a body that is a beating."

Barkley: "Sure. I think those pictures are disturbing. And I think Adrian said 'I went overboard.' But as far as being from the South, we all spanked our kids -- I got spanked, me an my two brothers"--

Rome: "But then, Chuck, not now, right? 1964 is one thing, 2014 is another. Maybe we need to rethink this thing."

Barkley: "And I totally agree with that. But I think we have to really be careful trying to teach other parents how to discipline their kids. That's a very fine line."

Barkley: "Sure. I think those pictures are disturbing. And I think Adrian said 'I went overboard.' But as far as being from the South, we all spanked our kids -- I got spanked, me an my two brothers"--
    What brain disease or defect is responsible for people thinking that if it was done to them as child it is good to go? Where would Barkley draw the line? Would he defend a sexual abuse of a child because the abuser was sexual abused by his or her parents?

Watch parents dealing with children throwing temper tantrums in grocery stores. The intelligent ones manger their children's tantrums by protecting them from harming themselves or others and calmly reassuring them they will survive the denial of whatever it is they wanted.

The ignorant ones try to beat the tantrum out of the child as if it were some type of evil spirit that will leave if the body it has inhabited feels pain.

Whenever possible I will compliment and congratulate the parent dealing with their child's behavior in an appropriate way.

I haven't yet had the nerve to say something to the ignorant ones, but perhaps it is time that all the sane adults start letting the ignorant know that there is a better and more effective way to deal with children rather than physical violence.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Now why did you have to bring Jesus into this?
    Because Peterson injected the bible into the issue in an attempt to silence those who are critical of his ruthless physical assault of a child.

Because Peterson thinks the bible is relevant to the matter: Adrian Peterson tweets that those judging him over child-abuse charges are 'usurping' God's role

It won't be long before Peterson starts using the bible to justify his perverted view of parenting.

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him." Proverbs 22:15

His mistake might only be that he didn't correctly administer the beating. He should seek spiritual solace from Betty Bowers at the Landover Baptist Church:

Godly Tips on How to Punish and Beat Your Christian Child

Longkneckers is just that, busy bodies over affairs they have no control over for the pure sight of it.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

Do you believe in spanking your child,, Yes or No?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Just seen on espn this goofball is done for the year.
    The organization put Peterson on the exempt-commissioner’s permission list, meaning he is off the active roster while he deals with his legal affairs. General manager Rick Spielman would not put a timeframe on when Peterson might be back.

Thread Information