Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the new sidewalks?

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It's the town decision makers that don't make sense. http://www.osc.state.ny.us/localgov/...heektowaga.pdf

It's their old habits..."we always install 4in for sidewalks" and they never actually looked at the price of anything else assuming that the 4in is the only way!....This is typical of people that do not READ the entire bid or contract....they miss the details!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here is a thought. What is cost of a sidewalk in general? Anyone ever call to get quotes to have their own sidewalks replaced? Price of a standard 4" replacement sidewalk per square foot.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Here is a thought. What is cost of a sidewalk in general? Anyone ever call to get quotes to have their own sidewalks replaced? Price of a standard 4" replacement sidewalk per square foot.
    But the price for 4" and 6" are not even remotely close and the prices are inverse of what it should logically be. Its pretty obvious that the same scope of work is not being bid on here. The RFP should obviously dictate thickens, reinforcement, base, compressive strength etc. and prices should all be for that work.That's not whats happening here, you can't even compare the two options.

That .10 cents is probably just a finishing rate. whoever published this information from the town either made a mistake or doesn't know what the hell they are doing. There is no way anyone is pouring concrete for .10 a sq ft. That's like $5 a yard.
    Last edited by NY The Vampire State; September 3rd, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

The price I was quoted was $1200 for 10-5ft blocks which is approx. $120/block

My replacement sidewalk sections cost me way less than the bids I had gotten.

It must be a bitch always being angry about everything a town you don't even live in does with the blessing of the majority of its voters. Vamp and 4228 are just two old angry men yelling "get off [somebody else's] lawn" all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

It must be a bitch always being angry about everything a town you don't even live in does with the blessing of the majority of its voters. Vamp and 4228 are just two old angry men yelling "get off [somebody else's] lawn" all day long.

Must be nice to be so oblivious to think that the other 40% just came out of thin air.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

So you most likely took the tax subsidized offer from the Town. If true , you let tax payers pitch in to lower your cost.

You have a problem with free speech too ?

I ain't mad - - just cant stand seeing the same Political Party Players (like you) taking advantage of other taxpayers.

The Erie County Dem Committee insiders have perverted most everything their patronage loving hands can grab. They have abused the voters trust - roll contracts to friends and family members. Pad contracts for supporters all for votes.

I ain't mad - just fed up watching seniors decide between food or healthcare. While tax funded politicians earn (on average ) $15-20,000.00 a year in free healthcare each year + tax funded paychecks.

While the average senior who worked their whole life gets about $14,000.00(SS) - which even you can see - is less then just the healthcare a Elected or Appointed Part time time workers gets for healthcare.

Many of these Elected and appointed officials work "Part time" or less.

Yet they have the nerve to send threatening letters to residents over side walk repairs ! Maybe if they hadn't squandered millions on creating Patronage/Nepotism jobs they'd have money for side walks.

Maybe if they had hired people because they could actually work a full day - you know like the 8-9-10 hour days the tax payer has to in order to pay his taxes - you know the taxes Party Players say is "The Home owners fair share"

I ain't mad - I've paid my fair share all my working life and so have the people who support your friends.

I ain't mad - I am disgusted !
    We ain't mad - we are disgusted !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

You want things done right the first time do them yourself.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    So you most likely took the tax subsidized offer from the Town. If true , you let tax payers pitch in to lower your cost.

You have a problem with free speech too ?
    1. I live in a community in which we all pitch in for the common good. Unlike the "one for me, and none for all" disingenuous claims of those who eat at the public trough as they please (your favored public facilities and services) then complain about fellow citizens benefiting from the community (your favored public facilities and services).

2. Characterizing your "get off [somebody else's] lawn" comments is not limiting your "free speech" - even in the non-legal sense of the meaning of free speech, unless you think any one else's speech that disagrees with your speech is a limitation on your "free speech". Is that how you think? Or should I say, is that how you fail to think?

Blah Blah Blah - working mans translation - Nogods got his subsidized - if you didn't its your fault !

Again notice he says - "I live in a community in which we all pitch in for the common good" - That means he used the 40% home owner tax subsidized side walk plan - there by other tax payers subsidized his needs.

But, see how he blabbers around and doesn't admit the truth. Again !

Typical Dem Party Lawyer - blow smoke - then go on the attack at a personal level. Your so predictable !

I simply stated if the home owner tax funded Elected and Appointed Officials didn't waste so much tax revenue - they'd have money for sidewalks instead of gaming the tax payers. The worst part is they didn't get the job done - again !

When social security pays a senior $1200.-$1700. a month and a Politician receives $19,000.00 a year in benefits alone - plus a tax funded paycheck - the system is out of whack - notice you completely avoided that bit of reality !

First and foremost - notice how Pro-dem nogods only responded with a wide angle defense for the Town.

He didn't for one second mention a remedy or course of action for taxpayers - that's because he has a sweet spot for local Dem Government.

The Town had plenty of time to preplan there actions - think about it ! They had to start discussing this months before notices went out - they had to have the Towns Attorney agree with the threatening letters. No one person acted alone - no one person just a week or so before hand said, "I'm gonna send out these letters - all by myself" -

It was a collective Town Hall action - they had to have enough time to visually inspect each property - take pictures - document address where work was need and then have people process all that info. - That takes months folks !

Also - your tax dollars were used to pay for all that - who got paid.

Tax dollars would have been also used to pay what Nogods acts like is the "Towns Portion" -
    he stated the "Town would pay 40%" - that forty percent came from your pocket - your property taxes paid that 40%.

He would and they would prefer you let them do it - this way - like their new landscape deal - they could farm the work out to "Party Supporters" -

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Blah Blah Blah - working mans translation - Nogods got his subsidized - if you didn't its your fault !

Again notice he says - "I live in a community in which we all pitch in for the common good" - That means he used the 40% home owner tax subsidized side walk plan - there by other tax payers subsidized his needs.

But, see how he blabbers around and doesn't admit the truth. Again !

Typical Dem Party Lawyer - blow smoke - then go on the attack at a personal level. Your so predictable !

I simply stated if the home owner tax funded Elected and Appointed Officials didn't waste so much tax revenue - they'd have money for sidewalks instead of gaming the tax payers. The worst part is they didn't get the job done - again !

When social security pays a senior $1200.-$1700. a month and a Politician receives $19,000.00 a year in benefits alone - plus a tax funded paycheck - the system is out of whack - notice you completely avoided that bit of reality !

First and foremost - notice how Pro-dem nogods only responded with a wide angle defense for the Town.

He didn't for one second mention a remedy or course of action for taxpayers - that's because he has a sweet spot for local Dem Government.

The Town had plenty of time to preplan there actions - think about it ! They had to start discussing this months before notices went out - they had to have the Towns Attorney agree with the threatening letters. No one person acted alone - no one person just a week or so before hand said, "I'm gonna send out these letters - all by myself" -

It was a collective Town Hall action - they had to have enough time to visually inspect each property - take pictures - document address where work was need and then have people process all that info. - That takes months folks !

Also - your tax dollars were used to pay for all that - who got paid.

Tax dollars would have been also used to pay what Nogods acts like is the "Towns Portion" -
    he stated the "Town would pay 40%" - that forty percent came from your pocket - your property taxes paid that 40%.

He would and they would prefer you let them do it - this way - like their new landscape deal - they could farm the work out to "Party Supporters" -
    Get off my publicly funded roads! For which, btw, you have paid nothing.

Do you ever think things through before you spit or swallow?

Cool

Your good - your reeeeal good

It only took you ten minutes to come back with another meaningless retort - WOW !

Thanks for clearing that up councilor !

You do however get credit for four responses that helped no one !
    Last edited by 4248; September 4th, 2014 at 11:39 AM.

Was told by Kiminski last night that there will not be any more sidewalks installed this year....I let him know my displeasure with the towns handling of the whole process including the threating letter and the 2.5 weeks they gave us homeowners to do it ourselves or hire someone otherwise the town will do it and bill us!

My guess is by next year all the markings will be worn off the sidewalks....another waste of tax dollars!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information