Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patchin buys new trucks

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by worried 1 View Post
    Doesn't the Town Board have a say in this? After all it is our tax dollars.
    Are there general guidelines that all volunteer fire halls follow?

Sounds to me like the majority complaining on this thread, don't know how to understand simple math. I am not a member of any of the fire companies in Boston. What I see here is a few members of other companies bashing Patchin, like we are all still in high school. Frankly as a resident, I do understand the math, and if everyone here actually had the information, you would realize that what Patchin just did makes monetary sense and consolidated a fleet that wasn't utilized correctly in the first place. I questioned the numbers, ran the math, and it saves our town money. Which means it saves me money.....
    Coming here and reading all this nonsense being spewed, by other members of different fire companies is an embarrassment to our town. The fire companies in Boston should be working together. This isn't a competition and people need to get ALL the info, before coming to conclusions. Remember.... The highest form of ignorance, is when we reject something we know nothing about!!

Quote Originally Posted by boston View Post
    At a special meeting held last night the majority of members of Patchin fire company voted yes to purchase a new fire truck and a used SUV. Chief Joe made the proposal to sell 3 of their current trucks. One of them is only 5 years old. Most fire companies keep their trucks 20-25 years. The other 2 trucks Patchin is selling are less then 15 years old. This current purchase will put Patchin in debt for 15 years. Including the 2 new trucks Patchin has purchased 7 trucks in the past 15 years. And the loans on the trucks they are selling aren't even paid off yet. They still owe over $300,000 on them.

Welcome small town politics , innocent Bystander , and X marks the spot 2. You are all the same person. You did the math ? You crunched the numbers ? I would like to see the numbers. When were they made public ? Oh that's right you are a member of Patchin hiding behind another fake name. Now I know why Patchin is the laughing stock of Boston. Where did you get the numbers if you're not a member ? X or Boston did you get the numbers? Talk about an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by hotchick View Post
    Welcome small town politics , innocent Bystander , and X marks the spot 2. You are all the same person. You did the math ? You crunched the numbers ? I would like to see the numbers. When were they made public ? Oh that's right you are a member of Patchin hiding behind another fake name. Now I know why Patchin is the laughing stock of Boston. Where did you get the numbers if you're not a member ? X or Boston did you get the numbers? Talk about an embarrassment.
    I'm waiting for Chief Joe to crunch the numbers and get back to us. I'm getting impatient. I'm sure we'll have to sort through the fuzzy math and crunch the numbers ourselves to see how he plans on using or hard earned dollars. We've all heard he isn't the best with finances and they left him in charge? Scary.

Actually, I am a resident and not affiliated with any of the fire companies. I have been a resident of town my whole life, and when I called to enquire about the numbers (it's public record and the proposals are recorded), it is not hard to figure out..... Get rid of trucks that aren't utilized properly, get rid of payments and lower new ones. This reminds me of what goes on behind the scenes of most local unions. -the members don't actually have a clue about what goes on behind the scenes or what it takes to run actual numbers, but there's never a shortage of people ready to complain about things they don't know all the details of....
    I am not the same person of those other ones you mentioned. My name is Lila Worley (maybe you know me lol )and you can look up land records to see I own property in town. Im not hiding behind a screen name. And I would say the same to your face or anyone else's that choose to come onto a public forum and bash one another like children.....
    I must have struck a nerve, because what I said was true. All this juvenile back and forth is pathetic and an embarrassment to our town!! Your reply is typical. I can't believe people representing our town come here and do what's being done. I came here to discuss politics and suggest improvements for our residents, but all I see is people going back and forth like children.
    Yup.... An absolute embarrassment to us and it needs to stop.....

Quote Originally Posted by smalltownpolitics View Post
    Actually, I am a resident and not affiliated with any of the fire companies. I have been a resident of town my whole life, and when I called to enquire about the numbers (it's public record and the proposals are recorded), it is not hard to figure out..... Get rid of trucks that aren't utilized properly, get rid of payments and lower new ones. This reminds me of what goes on behind the scenes of most local unions. -the members don't actually have a clue about what goes on behind the scenes or what it takes to run actual numbers, but there's never a shortage of people ready to complain about things they don't know all the details of....
    I am not the same person of those other ones you mentioned. My name is Lila Worley (maybe you know me lol )and you can look up land records to see I own property in town. Im not hiding behind a screen name. And I would say the same to your face or anyone else's that choose to come onto a public forum and bash one another like children.....
    I must have struck a nerve, because what I said was true. All this juvenile back and forth is pathetic and an embarrassment to our town!! Your reply is typical. I can't believe people representing our town come here and do what's being done. I came here to discuss politics and suggest improvements for our residents, but all I see is people going back and forth like children.
    I also am a longtime resident of Boston and used to volunteer as a fireman in this town until recently. I agree, it's a shame Patchin has given fireman a bad name. They are childish and an embarrassment. What is your solution to the problem? I can see why residents have nothing good to say about them, but to say it's other fireman in town is a long shot. Maybe past disgruntled Patchin members? Probably. I haven't seen anyone bashing the two "good"fire company's in town. That's because they are well respected, contain outstanding leadership, provide top notch service, and have proven to be financial responsible with our money. I understand your upset with the company in the middle smalltownpolitics; hopefully something changes. I've been waiting twenty years and things have only worsened.

Quote Originally Posted by X Marks the Spot View Post
    I also am a longtime resident of Boston and used to volunteer as a fireman in this town until recently. I agree, it's a shame Patchin has given fireman a bad name. They are childish and an embarrassment. What is your solution to the problem? I can see why residents have nothing good to say about them, but to say it's other fireman in town is a long shot. Maybe past disgruntled Patchin members? Probably. I haven't seen anyone bashing the two "good"fire company's in town. That's because they are well respected, contain outstanding leadership, provide top notch service, and have proven to be financial responsible with our money. I understand your upset with the company in the middle smalltownpolitics; hopefully something changes. I've been waiting twenty years and things have only worsened.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.... And frankly I don't have an issue with Patchin.... It seems to me you may be correct.... Maybe these people bashing on things going on with Patchin are disgruntled previous members. Whoever they are, whether from another company, or used to be from Patchin.... It's absolutely juvenile to come here and point fingers. After reading all the threads, I am embarrassed as a resident and if I were the chief of Patchin, I would be discussing these things with an attorney. All the things being said are in my opinion, almost slander. Things like this can have a real impact on individuals and could be detrimental to his life and career. Unless people have absolute proof of certain allegations, they should be very careful about what they are putting out publicly. All I see on these threads are individuals bashing and accusing without real info....Slander is illegal for a reason.
    As for a solution.... Pretty sure from what I've been told, Patchin is working on it. But it starts with all the fire companies recognizing that they are representing our town and should act like it and work together....

Cool

I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.... And frankly I don't have an issue with Patchin.... It seems to me you may be correct.... Maybe these people bashing on things going on with Patchin are disgruntled previous members. Whoever they are, whether from another company, or used to be from Patchin.... It's absolutely juvenile to come here and point fingers. After reading all the threads, I am embarrassed as a resident and if I were the chief of Patchin, I would be discussing these things with an attorney. All the things being said are in my opinion, almost slander. Things like this can have a real impact on individuals and could be detrimental to his life and career. Unless people have absolute proof of certain allegations, they should be very careful about what they are putting out publicly. All I see on these threads are individuals bashing and accusing without real info....Slander is illegal for a reason.
    As for a solution.... Pretty sure from what I've been told, Patchin is working on it. But it starts with all the fire companies recognizing that they are representing our town and should act like it and work together....
    I've been told for years Patchin is working on it. Had anything REALLY changed? The answer is no. The antics remain the same as leaders come and go. The infighting continues and the divide is evident.
    As for slander, facts are facts. Call the Erie County Sheriff's Department and State Police. Ask these two agency's how many times they've been called to Patchin. You'd be surprised. Ask your neighboring company's in their feelings. Call your elected officials and ask why the company's are still needed. Ask Patchin's Chief Joe about the truth of what his on at his hall. I speak based on facts and figures. Where is the slander? That's a far fetch my friend!
    Your pal,
    X Mark

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Uh ohh, you're going to take a lot of heat for questioning the beloved fire company. They can do what ever they want. Its for the community... remember? Good luck getting any elected official to throw up the red flag on fire company spending. They wouldn't touch the issue, don't want the supposed black eye but something needs to be said. 94 volunteer fire companies in Erie County.... NINETY FOUR... and I'd say 94% of them are reckless with their spending and grossly over funded.
    Where did you get your crystal ball from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information